The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 11:53 AM
Heir Apparent

I like the collar and fit of the jacket. I do wish that it had more color, but it is one of the nicer jackets I have seen her wear. The hair is just awful though. It looks very greasy and unkempt.

Old 11-07-2009, 02:32 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Nov 6, 2009 - P.Marie in a whitish/grey coat and black dress underneth and a hat.

Coat looks abit too big & long but overall the look cant go wrong, its safe but the hat should go.

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Close Up

Old 11-07-2009, 03:09 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Nov 6, 2009 - P.Marie in a whitish/grey coat and black dress underneth and a hat.

Coat looks abit too big & long but overall the look cant go wrong, its safe but the hat should go.

If we did not all know that Mary was in Vietnam you would think it was her. In every way.Coat, hat, hair and dress. 100% Mary
Old 11-07-2009, 03:20 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I had absolutely the same feeling when I watched the pics - very Mary-ish outfit of Marie, especially the hat...
Old 11-07-2009, 03:50 AM
Nobility

I have to agree with the other posts a similar Mary look. Marie does look very elegant and I do like the hat.
It must be difficult to find your own niche, stylewise, when you are constantly compared to an elegant sister-in-law like Mary but she seems to be finding her way.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:46 AM
Aristocracy

Something about the hat that destroys the look. Marie has very similar face to Mary so I think she should look good with hats.
Comparing to the other box hats that Mary wore - the white hat during one of the pre-wedding ceremony and the mauve hat - this one is not right.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:09 AM
Serene Highness

I really like this outfit for Marie! It's very elegant and suits her well!

Does anyone have a clue about the designer??

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 11-07-2009, 06:37 AM
Nobility

Love the outfit - I think the hat comes down too far - Marie is so petite that it hides her eyes and makes it look like she is disappearing under it.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

The hat is too large and unflattering on her. The coat must even be a few sizes too large - was it fitted on a woman six feet tall? - and its fabric looks cheap and stiff, as if it was cut out from cardboard.
In other words, I don't like this outfit on Marie at all. She's drowning in it, so it has the unfortunate effect of children playing 'dress up'.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:49 AM
Majesty

i actually didn't think that was a mary outfit at all but all the contrary. it's safe, but i don't think the colour of the coat is the best for her, however, i'm quite keen on the hat and earring combination, just not with that coat. like boris, i also have the impression i hides her face too much and the combination with the coat hides her even more. it's a strange outfit in my opinion, but again it's quite a formal event where she can't use something very sophisticated but rather something classic. not my favourite, but appropriate. i'm looking forward to seeing the hat in another configuration.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-07-2009, 07:13 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:

She does look a lot like Mary in this picture.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:35 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
She does look a lot like Mary in this picture.
perhaps she should change her hair color and becoming blonde ?

but... some would reproach her for wanting to copy Mette Marit
Old 11-07-2009, 12:09 PM
Nobility

A brooch or necklace might have finished the outfit IMO Just would have given it something extra.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Mary and Marie look very much alike anyway, not only at this event. I agree that Marie is in a difficult position therefore she seems to have decided not to bother. The outfit is ok but incredibly bland and dull. The hat looks like an old lamp shade and I hate the dark tights. The coat is average, all in all very uninspired. But it suits the impression that I have of Marie whenever I see her out and about: royal duties and looking (re)presentable are a necessary evil that came with the marriage and cannot be avoided so miminum effort has to do. Unfortunately one has at least to show up at events in order to obtain taxpayers' money to lead a nice and privileged life, if this wasn't the case we wouldn't see much of housewife & mother & lady of the manor Princess Marie in public.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:04 PM
Serene Highness

This is a nice and decent look. I wouldn't blame her for learning a few things from Mary. On the contrary, I consider it really smart. The hat doesn't flatter Marie's petite face, though.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:54 PM
Heir Apparent

This is the best Marie has looked in ages IMO.... whether the coat is too long or the hat too big this is a far more flattering look and far more appropiate for her position.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:28 PM
Heir Apparent

I like this coat. It needs to be a tad shorter, but it is elegant. Even though it looks like a lampshade, I do like the hat. It is cute on Marie, and I like the color. The only thing that I really don't care for is her use of bronzer on her skin. Her skin looks somewhat orange.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

The hat, IMO is 3 sizes too big, and the coat is 2 sizes to big. Not a fan of the stockings either. Tan & Black safe fashion choices. Boring, IMO
Old 11-09-2009, 04:32 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:

Everything is nice except the coat, too big and too long for someone 'petite' like Marie. Lovely hat.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:29 AM
Royal Highness

I like the coat - for me it fits her, and the color is nice as well...I didn't like the hat at the beginning as it seemed to look like a lamp shade... But from a distance it's quite acceptable. Don't mind the stockings and shoes at all .

Closed Thread