Princess Marie's Fashion & Style Part 3: August 2009 - March 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This red dress is really gorgeous!! a good choice for a christmas lighting tree!

I like the red dress on the colour is really rich and the depth of it suits not sure about the black hose though. As for the the black and white stripe it's really not a good look and the sloppy cardigan though the colour is lovely the style is not princessy enough more going to the office and in a huge hurry.Does anyone know if she gets help with her wardrobr choices? Marie needs help.....IMO

Let's start here...
Gray cardigan with black skirt -- the outfit is ok, nothiing special but still nice.
Red Dress - The color is stunning, but the cut makes her look bigger than what she
is.

Hair - what in the world is going on??? Did she forget her brush and hair dryer or something?? Just sloppy and unkept looking and I know that she has lovely healthy hair.

I like the evening outfit, the jacket looks nice, hair is fine:
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/93...5B1549AE3600F964E17E122074BFAABB83871D2E93E82

The daytime outfit, no thanks, a Maxima-balloonskirt with a sloppy grey top, plus fussy hair.
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/prev/16701406.jpg

Agreed. I prefer the evening outfit definitely. It may look a bit strange together with Joachims pinstripe suit, but Marie per se looked fine. I love her jacket and she looked quite elegant.
IMHO not only the hair looks messy in the pics of the daytime outfit, the whole outfit does look quite messy to me. I'm not very fond of it, the skirt especially isn't my cup of tea.

Princess Marie with her family at a tree-lighting ceremony in HK:
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0gFh3w0gOA0ut/610x.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0eAC9F10A40dv/610x.jpg
Originally posted by Giov in Danish forum

I love the colour of the dress. It looks really pretty on her. I'm not wild about the dark stockings, though.

Oh, this is really a rich colour (suits perfectly to the christmas tree :p) and this colour let her shine. :flowers: Very nice idea, the stockings aren't that bad, I only think the dress isn't absolutely fitting.
I agree that she looks bigger in it than she is.

Let's start here...
Gray cardigan with black skirt -- the outfit is ok, nothiing special but still nice.
Red Dress - The color is stunning, but the cut makes her look bigger than what she
is.

Hair - what in the world is going on??? Did she forget her brush and hair dryer or something?? Just sloppy and unkept looking and I know that she has lovely healthy hair.

I agree with the above comments completely. That's exactly how I feel. The only exception being that I didn't like the gray cardigan/top and black skirt combo at all. The skirt "a la Maxima" (as someone said) is better suited to Maxima's exuberant personality and not on someone more subdued. Anyways, the skirt is not pretty to begin with.

Like I have said before, Marie has incredible potential but she just somehow misses the mark. I can't explain why exactly.

Overall a very nice outfit on Princess Marie. The blouse is fresh and soft, especially with the sleeve detail, and the slacks fit well. I like to "couple look" of grey pinstripe. The photo of her looking up at him is sweet.

Maries red dress looked nice, it matched the event perfectly.
The hair was boring, its the same style for almost every event.

:previous:I agree, it is nothing special, like all her outfits on this trip, IMO.
However, I think that Joachim is the one who absolutely needs a better wardrobe. His suits are terrible!:eek: Please, find him a good tailor!
PPE

Nov 23, 2009 - Marie in grey stripped suit pants matched with a short sleeves top with layer detailing, a necklace & clutch to finish the look.

I like the look, the pants are formal and fit nicely, the top added a bit of fun where the necklace added the last touch which made the look work well.

Full View ** Close Up ** Close Up 2
I the top is so feminine and the pants are well fitting. I like light pink/beige top matching with gray pants.

Nov 23, 3009

Daytime look - Black skirt with a sky blue cardigan which she has in a creamy/beige color.

Evening look - Black pants with a black and white stripped jacket
I love that cardigan, but I agree the hair are not the best.
Evening outfit is nice, but I don't think that this stripped jacket matchs to that pants. I don't like the hairstyle once again.

Princess Marie with her family at a tree-lighting ceremony in HK:
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0gFh3w0gOA0ut/610x.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0eAC9F10A40dv/610x.jpg
Originally posted by Giov in Danish forum

I love the colour of the dress. It looks really pretty on her. I'm not wild about the dark stockings, though.
Probably the first time when I see her in red :ermm:
Princess looks great :wub: This color matchs to her fantastic. The stockings are not necessary.

So far is very good IMO. I like the way in which they co-ordinate their outfits.

Today's dress is lovely!!! but she should do something with her hair

I think Marie has found her fashion style! She's becoming more and more beautiful and elegant!

Today's dress is lovely!!! but she should do something with her hair

I think Marie has found her fashion style! She's becoming more and more beautiful and elegant!

The dress itself isnt bad at all but it is boring since it isnt accessorized with anything. A nice belt with a nice necklace would make it fun and not boring. the cardigan isnt suited to be worn with a dress.

Nov 26, 2009
Full View ** With cardigan

The dress is pretty, but I agree with everyone else. She needs some accessories with it. The cardigan looks awful with the dress, and her hair looks kind of greasy, IMO.

I haven't seen much in the visit I have liked, and I'm not sure why..something is always off IMO, which is odd since Marie is so pretty. I don't care for princesses in trousers and tunics when their husbands are in suit and tie. I have seen most of the princesses do this and I think it's too casual.Black and white jacket is nice. Red dress was nice. Nothing Wow.

I like the dress and the bag. I don´t like the cardigan, though.

The dress is simple, but nice. The cardigan ruins the look for me... Nice bracelet and bag, though.

The dress is nice, the colour suits Marie very well. I don't mind the dress being simple since this is what Marie seems to prefer but what I don't like is the combo with the cardigan what looks sloppy, plus the scruffy hair. Simple and neat is ok but not simple and sloppy.

Princess Marie attended a gala fashion show in Repulse Bay, Hong Kong:
Billed-Bladet - Kongelige

I don't care for this dress. It looks kind of awkward on Marie, and the fur stole doesn't really work with the dress, IMO.

I don't care for this dress. It looks kind of awkward on Marie, and the fur stole doesn't really work with the dress, IMO.

I'm not sure if I like the stole together with that dress. I dislike the shoes, they ruin the look for me. But I must admit that I like her hair quite much.
IMO, she looked pretty, although something is missing. :flowers: Agree with Giov about Joachim. This suit looks quite odd.

i love this dress, simple but so elegant... and perfectly coordinated with Joachim's suit
modern and original !

The dress isnt bad, its one of the better dresses/outfits worn on the visit. The dress looks chic IMO, strapless suits her but the style of the dress has been seen alot on runways.
I dont like the fur stole, the dress isnt grand enough for it.
I like the hair, looks really nice and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom