Princess Marie's Fashion & Style Part 3: August 2009 - March 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A brooch or necklace might have finished the outfit IMO Just would have given it something extra.
Yes, it would be nice, we just have to ask Mum-in-law margerethe to donate a substantial piece to Marie... :p

Pretty blouse and pretty jacket, but they really don't go together. But still her beautiful smile makes you look away from the fact they really don't match. Glad she removed the jacket once inside the building.

The pieces together actually look nice, too much grey but well put together. I like the jacket texture with the plain skirt. The top is pretty alone but not sure with the jacket.
Overall this is one of her best looks.

Way too much grey, a brighter piece may have made all the difference or a tailored jacket matching the skirt. I happen to be a fan of the minimalistic and overall elegant looks and this ensemble by Marie is anything but.

Marie is a pretty woman, and she is lucky enough to look pretty without much makeup. Plus she has the figure to carry off many a looks, she should take advantage of that. So far, I haven't really seen her in anything that has made me go Wow! IMO, the best is yet to come. She has great potential, I sincerely hope she reaches it.

As usual the outfit has been put together quite careless, the result is blah. Same goes for the hair, the top part is a mess.

Other than that Marie does her "duty", smiles when she has to and do what she has to do, but I never see any additional effort.

Other than that Marie does her "duty", smiles when she has to and do what she has to do, but I never see any additional effort.

I think she should be given the benefit of the doubt in this case. She is new to the country, still learning the language (which is major part in getting to know a culture and its customs). So, without a firm grasp of the language, all she can really do is smile and try to act interested but not make a significant contribution to the conversation, thus, making her look uninterested and "wooden."

The blouse is very lovely IMO, so it the jacket. But not together. To me it still looks as if Princess Marie is trying - I hope, she'll find her own style pretty soon. She's a beautiful woman with a good built, she could look much better IMO. :flowers:

I like the top and the skirt together, but not combined with the jacket. The shoes are great.

The most important thing is she seems to want to learn & understand, she doesn't receive any funds of her own (like Mary does) so all her clothing,etc funds come direct from Hubby.................
Those around her seem very much at ease in her company

I like her outfi but not all these things together. Next royal admire of ponytail.
Give her a time to learn the language and fashion. But in this second case we should remamber that she is not CP Mary and like we all she has her own fashion style/taste.

The most important thing is she seems to want to learn & understand, she doesn't receive any funds of her own (like Mary does) so all her clothing,etc funds come direct from Hubby.................
Are you sure Mary gets funds of her own? I always thought that Frederik received an increase when they married and a percentage of his money was for to Mary to cover her expenses, just like Joachim got an increase when he married Marie.

The only thing she is wearing I like is her blouse, the rest just doesn't seem to work on her.
As usual the outfit has been put together quite careless, the result is blah. Same goes for the hair, the top part is a mess.

Most of the time they way Marie styles herself for her engagements gives me the impression that she would rather be anywhere but there. I think she would be much happier if she could just be a housewife without all these extra events she is required to attend.

The only thing she is wearing I like is her blouse, the rest just doesn't seem to work on her.

Most of the time they way Marie styles herself for her engagements gives me the impression that she would rather be anywhere but there. I think she would be much happier if she could just be a housewife without all these extra events she is required to attend.
Maybe because she doesn't feel sure I mean language barrier. How long she can only smile and nod?

Neither CP Mary and Princess Marie get their own annuities from the state.
See the following information at http://kongehuset.dk/publish.php?dogtag=k_en_org_sta
The Civil List Act provides an allowance of DKK 16.3 million for HRH The Crown Prince, of which HRH The Crown Princess receives 10 per cent; an allowance of DKK 2,1 million for HRH Prince Joachim;
In addition, Prince Joachim receives income from his privately-owned Shackenborg Estate and its related business ventures.

Ok, well getting back to the outfit. This one is just not doing anything for me. It's quite boring. I like Marie and I love when she exudes some of her "french fashion", but this wasn't one of those moments. In many of her early pictures before getting married, she had a relaxed style that I adored. I wish she would go back to that.

Princess Marie attending an event to announce her new appointment as the royal patron for UNESCO:
http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww177/sgl_blog/16599432.jpg (sorry-they are small)
http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww177/sgl_blog/16599415.jpg
http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww177/sgl_blog/16599387.jpg

Princesses watchers: La princesse Marie nommée marraine de l'UNESCO au Danemark

I like the colour, and the blouse, but I don't care for these pieces together.

Well, the outfit is modern, all pieces of the outfits are in harmony.
This is a good choice of Princess Mary!:previous:

Nov 23, 2009 - Marie in grey stripped suit pants matched with a short sleeves top with layer detailing, a necklace & clutch to finish the look.

I like the look, the pants are formal and fit nicely, the top added a bit of fun where the necklace added the last touch which made the look work well.

Full View ** Close Up ** Close Up 2

I like the detail on the sleeves. It gave the outfit a fun touch. I think that she looks really nice in this outfit.

Nov 23, 2009 - Marie in grey stripped suit pants matched with a short sleeves top with layer detailing, a necklace & clutch to finish the look.

I like the look, the pants are formal and fit nicely, the top added a bit of fun where the necklace added the last touch which made the look work well.

This outfit is okay. Not bad but not great. I would love the shirt if it had 3/4 length sleeves (below the elbow). The pants do fit well. Her hair and makeup did not impress me.

I like the outfit, it's similar to one of Mary's. :)

I love how her pants match Joachims.. so cute!

Nov 23, 3009

Daytime look - Black skirt with a sky blue cardigan which she has in a creamy/beige color.

Evening look - Black pants with a black and white stripped jacket

Those daytime outfits where the best I ever seen on Marie!!She looks very mucht like Mary!!! But that black stripe jacket in the evening ruins all:bang:

I like this cardigan. I think that it is from By Malene Birger. The little bows are cute without being too girly, and the colour is pretty. I also like the beige version that she wore at the end of summer.

I don't care for that black and white striped jacket. It reminds me of an American football referee. It's a bit loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom