Princess Marie's Fashion & Style Part 3: August 2009 - March 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a cute black outfit but it's a bit low cut.

It's a cute black outfit but it's a bit low cut.

I think it's Marie's trend too. The low cut has appear quite often since she became princess.

myroyal's: JOACHİM & MARİE İN MEXİCO

Marie here in Mexico!.

I really like the jacket, but I think the skirt looks of somehow a poor material.

This outfit is so mismatched - the jacket is too heavy with the chiffon skirt. Individually these pieces may work but together they dont. The skirt is nice but maybe too casual/lightweight for an official visit. The shoes are too heavy with the skirt as well

this gala dress is really awful! so old fashioned and not for a young lady! Besides, the lenght is really not good!
A very bad choice for Marie!!

I like the black dress with this pretty jacket. She looked fantastic!
The floral/pink gown is indeed old-fashioned. I don't know how she managed that in two days - going from a fresh contemporary look to an old grannie's type of dress!

She does seem to be finding it difficult to find her feet here she has an amzin gfigure which she must work had to maintain as she isn't very tall, then she blows it with these not too ,infact plain jane, outfits. I assume she has to be careful not to look as though she is trying to compete with Mary BUT ..... this outfit is boring in the extreme.... IMO

The first outfit was okay, imo. The dress seems to be nice. I like the colour and print. Anyway, I think it was a little missmatched with the white jacket. The cross-necklace looked tacky. A smaller necklace would have been nicer.

I liked her black dress with matching jacket. The look was quite pretty.:)

The evening gown is really ugly, imo. :ermm:
Pictures of the dress without watermarks:
http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/AYxv...arie+Denmark+Visit/jHctTWph3up/Princess+Marie
The top looks quite oldfashioned and the skirt has a weird length.
Apart from that: She looked quite overdressed. Most of the other Ladies wore short dresses or suits. :huh:

Every outfit was great until she wore that gown...I wonder what was she thinking?!

I'm not impressed by anything from this Mexico trip wardrobe.
The green & white print dress might have been nice enough, but the combination with the jacket did not really work.
The white office job blouse was dull, the proportions of the black cocktail dress with its awkward sequined midriff and bolero were all wrong, and the evening look is a real mess:
Skirt either too long or too short, old-fashioned sandals, wrap too thick, top too wide and too muddled and apparently sporting one perfectly idiotic, thin shoulder strap, which somehow slipped or broke or whatever - anyway it seems to have disappeared at one point:

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/3995/7688497479324122346lo.jpg

Thumbs down overall.

I have to agree Boris, of the three looks I've seen, I can live with the black cocktail dress, but just barely, the neckline is too low and it's too short. The evening gown is a total disaster. The whole thing looks like it was thrown together at the last minute, makes Marie look frumpy and makes her appear heavier than she really is. A total mess. :bang:

a more basic style certainly suits marie, white shirts with a nice accessory, etc.

i wasn't a big fan of marie's long dress. it looks like the length isn't right and the corset doesn't have the right proportions in comparison to the whole length. i am normally a fan of flowers if used corrctly but i agree this time they make marie look a lot older.

myroyal's: JOACHİM & MARİE İN MEXİCO

Marie here in Mexico!.

I really like the jacket, but I think the skirt looks of somehow a poor material.

Not that bad, IMO. The fabric of the dress indeed looks a bit cheap, but I like the pattern and colour.

The black outfit was great, she looked elegant. The floral pink evening gown is really ugly, hands down. Unflattering, ill-fitting and far too old fashioned for lovely Marie. ;)

Marie has not looked good IMO on this visit, nothing looks right. ..and please when your husband is in a suit and tie next to you on a visit, Princesses please take off the sunglasses!! I mean are you kidding, hold them in your lap, do not shove them up on your head like your at Disney!! I know I'm being harsh but Marie has such wonderful examples with Mary and HM, she really needs to spiff it up a bit!!

As usual, Marie's outfits look not well thought of before the trip, some stuff thrown together and somehow it must do. I find Marie pretty lazy regarding her fashion choices, no need to become a fashion icon but I am missing some attention to detail that is essential to a person who represents a country.

apart from the gala dress, her outfits are not so awful...and she doesn't look skanky or anything. :flowers:

I really liked the black dress and jacket. I thought it was pretty and stylish. The evening gown didn't look nice to me. I think the style of the top made her hips look really big, which they aren't. I actually thought the white jacket and green/blue patterned skirt looked fresh and very nice for an early spring. I didn't care for the big cross necklace though, maybe a smaller cross would have been better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom