Princess Marie's Fashion & Style Part 2: September 2008 - August 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to
Princess Marie's Fashion & Style part 2
Part 1 can be found Here

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules & FAQs
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators
Mandy, The Truth, Glitteringtiaras & dazzling

There is another side to all of this. I am sure that that ship has been cleaned from bow to stern and back and everybody was in their best suits because they were to have a royal visit. PJ looked as impeccable as always on official events but then his wife enters in...yes in what exactly?? Something from which she obviously thought that it would be perfect for the occasion, but if I had been on that ship I would have been really disappointed. That is not how an HRH (and that is what she is, besides a "gentleman-farmer's wife") dresses on an official outing. And that hairdo is okay for a party, but not for a visit to a ship. I think someone has to tell her (very gently..) that she has to shape up, because this just won't do.

Well, she is supposedly in the "princess school" right now. Perhaps her teachers are working on making her over.;)

I get a feeling that Marie really isn't into skirts isn't she?
Again, imo this outfit is again way to casual and the neckline of the blouse doesn't do her any good.

I get a feeling that Marie really isn't into skirts isn't she?
Again, imo this outfit is again way to casual and the neckline of the blouse doesn't do her any good.

Well, I think it would have been better if the blouse hadn't been sheer. I can see the elegance in the cut, but it gets a bit lost when you can see the top she is wearing underneath.

I don't like to see such blouses on royals. It gives the impression of showing off the bra. Marie has been looking way too casual during her engagements and this is no exception. She doesn't look like a princess but rather like some civil servant or employee.

I like the coat and that's about it. The blouse is very pretty but she should have worn a better bra and the trousers don't quite look right.

...Marie has been looking way too casual during her engagements and this is no exception. She doesn't look like a princess but rather like some civil servant or employee.

I agree. And it would nice to see Marie wearing a skirt for a change, where she feels she has any option she seems to avoid them.

This outfit does nothing for her tiny figure. The sheer blouse with the black sportish looking tank top is a major no-no. I like the cut of it, but sheer? No.

Once again, her pants are way too tight, which makes her belly look huge and her legs look stumpy, and that coat is way too boxy and way too big. It makes her look like she has no waist.

On the plus side: At least her hair looks nice and shiney.:D

These trousers look horrible on Marie. She is a petite person, and petite people should never wear high-waisted trousers. They are never flattering on a petite woman (I am petite, and have learned this lesson the hard way). The color of the blouse is pretty, but the style looks awkward on Marie. She looks uncomfortable in some of these photos, and maybe it is because she knows that her outfit doesn't look quite right on her.

When she is ill at ease she starts to look downright arrogant. She needs to stop doing that. If she isn't into designer fashion, she needs to visit some upmarket Kopenhagen fashionstores, where they have experienced sales staff and buy her clothes over there, because boy, does she need some advice....

Personally I do not like the recent outfit at all. Light grey pants, a dark grey coat, a light grey belt, and a sheer blouse seem to look all right together. Once again I would say that Princess Marie's outfit lacks "fininess". I am not sure whether dark grey tights match light grey pants. She carried what looks to be a Chanel chain handled quilted leather handbag. Well ... I might be wrong.

Yet another sheer blouse with a sporty tank top under it. This may be an indication that this is her signature look... :ermm:

Where is her stylist? Did he/she die recently?

Yet another sheer blouse with a sporty tank top under it.
These were my first thoughts when I saw the BB picture posted by Dazzling in the current events thread (I havent been able to see the pics above yet, my internet wont load it for some reason... I'll keep trying tonight.

This may be an indication that this is her signature look...
I fear as much. Its ok as an occassional look, but I'm not keen on it as a constant...

Personally I think that those sheer blouses/tanktop combinations are more for a party than for an official outing. Her pants are also way to long (did anyone notice?). She is so tiny and petite, she should not be wearing these enormous pants, a nice skirt would be so much better for her.

No matter how unflattering her outfit is, it's good to see her beautiful face..

Personally I think that those sheer blouses/tanktop combinations are more for a party than for an official outing. Her pants are also way to long (did anyone notice?). She is so tiny and petite, she should not be wearing these enormous pants, a nice skirt would be so much better for her.

Yeah, I noticed it. Then again, with all of her fashion faux pas' as of late, I must say Marie has given several much entertainment.:D So keep it up, Marie!!

Nonetheless, I'm sure she'll get it right, several events in a row, in the future... I have no doubt she will, but for now... hmmm. JMO.

Im not a fun of a long tunic over wide pants and a huge belt, looks messy. Marie is petite, the tunic was abit too long for her. The grey made her look too pale IMO

Marie really needs a good honest taylor. The pants would be great is they were himmed correctly and the top, the sleeves were a little long and could have been shortened. The outfit as a whole was good, just needs a little "tweeking".

Maybe because I am used to seeing dresses or skirts on the fashion page, but I think her style is more masculine compared to most other royal ladies. The baggy trousers, the not-quite fitted blazer. Don't get me wrong, I love pants, but I'd like to see her in a "softer" outfit and colors.

If Marie is doing an homage -- ala masculine pants and so forth -- to Katharine Hepburn she is failing miserably.

Even though something may be "in" at the moment it doesn't mean everyone has the right body type to wear the latest cut ensemble.

Marie is one of those people. She is a very tiny person and the clothes she has been wearing as of late don't do her any favors. She needs to wear an outfit that suits her body frame that doesn't over-power her.
:)

Right you are, Primrose28, noting that noting that it would be better for Princess Marie to choose "softer" outfit and colors. At the same time, she should not dress up her outfits with too many flouncy edges or frilly colours. As suggested previously, Princess Marie urgently needs to put together a working wardrobe consisting carefully chosen pieces that can easily be mixed and matched.

I think her clothes look to big for her....I really don't know why I have that impression...?

I think her clothes look to big for her....I really don't know why I have that impression...?

Perhaps because the hem of her trousers is a little bit too low and the silk blouse is not to tight

One thing is for certain she does not look pregnant. The other thing is that these God awful wide leg long pants are in fashion.........They do not flatter....unless someone is 6 feet tall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom