Princess Marie's Fashion & Style Part 2: September 2008 - August 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a very nice dress; Marie looks very beautiful in it. The shoes and clutch bag are lovely as well.

I really like this gala dress. The color is so pretty against Marie's skin. I like the embroidery and the sheen of the dress. I also like the fact that she isn't falling out of the top of the dress. I don't care for her hair, though. It looks like it is pulled back so tight that it is giving her a headache.

Last edited:
I'm not big fan of this dress, but Princess looks very good. I'm glad that she choose light color.

I don´t like the dress at all. I agree with sgl that the colour looks great against her skin, but I´m not sure about the dress itself.
I find her hairdo quite ugly. It doesn´t suit her, IMO.

Yes, hairdoo is ugly and dress is unflattering, seems to be too big.

She never seems to wear her hair right with that tiara
I liked the hairdo she had for the official portraits. (PPE)

I agree that the hairdo was quite unflattering this time. It looked weird in frontal portraits. It looked nice from behind. (Getty)

The dress wasn't really my cup of tea, but I liked the colour on her alot (she showed that she can wear other colours then purple ;)).
She indeed looks wonderful for a woman who gave birth some weeks ago.

The new light pink dress did not photograph well. Princess Marie looked average. I am not keen on a hue of the pink colour and golden embellishments.

Al bina I agree and whether she looked gorgeous in person she appeared to me to look a plain jane.

I liked her pink gala dress, its a nice color for her. I wish I could see a close-up of the material.

The style and cut of the evening dress in pink and gold is so arch-classical that it could have appeared at any kind of royal gala from the late 1950s to the early 70s, and I don't mean this as a compliment.
It appears that the embroidery is very well made, but the overall look is completely unimaginative.... quite a bore really.
Her hairdo unfortunately went very wrong, it's simply tilted to all sides at once... a bit comical even.

Gala Dinner - Marie wearing a new light pink dress
http://i41.tinypic.com/axnny8.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/2cncsq0.jpg
Polfoto

The work on this dress is beautiful but I think its over the top to wear to this event. Would work to New Years dinner or a state visit. It's also abit old (style wise for Marie)

I really liked the grey jacket on Marie. The outfits was simple but very lovely. I liked the combination of grey/white alot. The clutch is lovely.

The White Dress was nice, too. I don't like the platform shoes with the loose dress. The cardigan looks nice and I really loved her hair and make up.

Suit - Pants very flattering. The jacket looked well tailored, but the shoulder pads lookd abit too big.

Dress - beautiful, loved how she paired it with a black cardi/jacket. The dress shadings looked really nice on Marie.

Pucci dress, beautiful, elegent and the print isnt overwhelming. One of the best daytime looks for Marie. I like how she broke the print down with a plain cardigan. Hair was cute.

Does anyone know who designed the gala gown? It looks like it was made for her, but I haven't been able to track down any info.

I really liked this new gala gown by itself. I wasn't very pleased with how it looked on Marie. I don't think that the gown itself, however, was a failure. It has a very classic cut and the detailing is very beautiful. Marie's hair was also very unattractive, IMO. I do think that if her hair were a bit softer, the look may have been very different. I'm looking forward to seeing Marie wear this gown again with her hair styled differently.

It wasn't an ugly gown,imo.It's just that it looked just like something a woman would wear right after giving birth.I believe Marie doesn't have too many options at the moment.I liked that tiara,by the way.

I thought Marie looked great at all the events. The pink gala dress was beautiful. I think she looked beautiful at both evening events and loved both outfits during the day.

Goodness, she just had a baby! Why all the criticism? I thought the pink beaded gown was gorgeous, and I liked the white dress too but she should've wore a slip underneath. She looks terrific considering she has a tiny baby to care for.

I absolutely agree with you, she looked lovely in all the events of the b-day.

Here are some photos of Princess Marie on the royal yacht, Dannebrog, in Denmark on July 23, 2009:

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww177/sgl_blog/PPE09072304.jpg

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww177/sgl_blog/PPE09072301.jpg

I really like this dress and cardigan. The dress is cut very nicely, and the little cardigan goes well with the dress. The hat is cute, but I think it would have looked better if the brim was less droopy. She kind of looks like she has used too much tanner on her skin, but otherwise, I think that she looks great.

She looks very sweet. I like the pink lipstick too (from what I can see).

July 23, 2009 - Marie visiting Haderslev while on the annual cruise on Dannebrog. Dressed in a summery printed flower dress with a grey cardigan and a hat. I love the dress, the print and the colors, I find it very flattering and fits Maries petite figure really well. Not too sure about the cardigan, maybe would prefer it in another color like purple. The hat is fun but I dont think for this event since it makes it quite unformal.

Full View PPE ** Close up PPE

I agree with you dazzling. The cardigan doesn't look right with the dress. If the sweater would have been in beige it would have brought the whole outfit together with the hat.IMO Nice to see her out. Looking foward to the baptism!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom