The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 01:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamk View Post
For crying out loud, would someone please hire this woman a decent stylist?!
Even though Joachim looks very casual (no tie), Marie could have worn a dressier outfit. Casual turtleneck sweater and cardigan with what look like beige jeans and western cowboy belt and that fur bolero - what was she thinking?
That it was an art exhibition on Schackenborg Slotskro in Møgeltønder.

Old 10-21-2008, 01:24 PM
Royal Highness

In my opinion, horrible outfit. Too casual and the waiscoat is so ugly.

Old 10-21-2008, 01:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think that grey coat with the jeans outfit was perfect.
The fur "thingie" has been worn by Marie Chantal and everyone oohed and aahhed........A lady wore the same thing in the middle of August in Sardinia at a reception. I find some of the comments about Marie's outfits totally unfair to say the least.
The outfit for the opening of the Parliamend was fine and would be much better if the hat was a bit smaller.
Perhaps Marie already has a stylist and she chooses what she likes to wear and from the looks of it she is happy with the way she looks. How many of us can say the same thing? I for one would have been a basket case if I were Marie.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamk View Post
... [snipped] Even though Joachim looks very casual (no tie), Marie could have worn a dressier outfit. Casual turtleneck sweater and cardigan with what look like beige jeans and western cowboy belt and that fur bolero - what was she thinking?
I fully share pamk's opinion. I think that a hue of the grey colour Princess Marie chose to wear poorly matches the beige colour of jeans. ... Or do grey and beige match?
Old 10-21-2008, 02:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

This outfit is just horrible, way too casual.
Old 10-21-2008, 04:13 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
I think that grey coat with the jeans outfit was perfect.
The fur "thingie" has been worn by Marie Chantal and everyone oohed and aahhed........A lady wore the same thing in the middle of August in Sardinia at a reception. I find some of the comments about Marie's outfits totally unfair to say the least.
The outfit for the opening of the Parliamend was fine and would be much better if the hat was a bit smaller.
Perhaps Marie already has a stylist and she chooses what she likes to wear and from the looks of it she is happy with the way she looks. How many of us can say the same thing? I for one would have been a basket case if I were Marie.
if Mary (or Alexandra) weared this outfit, almost all say "Oh she's so elegant... as always"

but, whatever she wears, Marie is ugly... as always
Old 10-21-2008, 04:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabelle 53 View Post
if Mary (or Alexandra) weared this outfit, almost all say "Oh she's so elegant... as always"

but, whatever she wears, Marie is ugly... as always
You are right. It is very strange.........
Old 10-21-2008, 04:44 PM
Heir Apparent

The fur vest is okay (especially if the event is casual), but I am not crazy about the belt. There is too much going on with her outfit. I do like these colors on her, though. They look lovely with her complexion. I am still holding out hope that she acquires a decent stylist very soon.
Old 10-21-2008, 04:45 PM
Nobility

IMO the kind of outfit is perfectly ok for visiting/opening a exhibition in the pub next door in a small village like Mogeltonder.
Wearing a elegant dress or a dress suit would look quite strange!

The combination of the all the colors is another thing, beige and grey doesn't go together very well.But she looks comfortable, and had a nice and relaxed smile.

Edit: The Schackenborg Slotskrog is directly situated next to Schackenborg Slot, maybe a 3 minutes walk from the side entrance to the Krog.
I've made some nice pictures in Mogeltonder, but I haven't managed to put them onto my computer.....
Old 10-22-2008, 05:01 AM
Heir Apparent

If it was a pub next door or something more formal it doesn't matter, she always look like she is going to pick the kids to school. Grey and brown beije doesn't match together indeed and that fur jacket... God is it real? I hope not!!! Someone please advice and inform Marie why not to wear real fur and fast.....
Old 10-22-2008, 08:40 AM
Nobility

She looks like a total WAG imo.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent

i really didn't like that las outfit either. a VERY bad choice. it looks like whatever she would wear indoor or at a private informal event. it's really not princessy wear to take to an (semi)official event. i wonder what she was thinking... :(
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-22-2008, 01:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

What is a WAG? I am not familiar with this term. Can someone help?
Thanks
Old 10-22-2008, 01:49 PM
Nobility

WAG is short for Wife And Girlfriend and usually refers to footballers (soccerplayers) wifes and girlfriends. They usually love those furry bodywarmer type of clothing that Marie is wearing here.

I don't think anybody is or wants to bully Marie. I don't know her, but she seems very nice. It's just that she gets it so bloody wrong with her clothes al the time. Beige and grey?? What kind of combo is that? If she would have worn the beige cord trousers with a dark brown cord jacket, a white blouse and a nice shawl, she would have looked allright. Or she could wear the grey turtleneck with a short jeansskirt and a black jacket and black boots. Just as casual, but waaaaaaay better. (IMHO of course).
Old 10-22-2008, 01:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Snee, I think they call them bimbos in the US and I do not think Marie looks like one of those....She dresses simply not flashy.
A long time ago yellow, red and green were never worn together and then it was the craze. It may be my eyes or the colours on my screen but I did not see any colours clashing. The pictures I saw of the "offending" outfit were cropped at the waist. Do you have any others?? Thank you
Old 10-22-2008, 02:03 PM
Nobility

Odette, if you click on the PPE photolink, you can see the outfit in all it's "glory"..
Old 10-22-2008, 02:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneeuwklokje View Post
Odette, if you click on the PPE photolink, you can see the outfit in all it's "glory"..
I looked again and to be honest the one thing I did not notice before was the belt buckle with the greenish stone in the middle.
I will go and put on a gray sweater with the caramel one and see up close how it looks. Heck I may even snap a photo and post it here.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:25 AM
Nobility

Dear Odette, I haven't got anything against Marie's clothes as such (except for that horrible leather/fur bodywarmer-vest), I'm sure she wears quality stuff (at least now). It's just the way she (or her stylist) combines things. At least here in Holland we consider this kind of dressing "WAG" or "Gooische Vrouw" (means "Woman of the "Gooi", an area in Holland between Amsterdam and Utrecht were a lot of nouveau riche people live. They dress like that). It may be expensive, but it doesn't have much style. Same with Marie (in my VERY humble opinion of course).
Old 10-23-2008, 04:55 AM
Gentry

Marie is fundamentally simple, and she has no need of fashion, to be a really good person
her worth (in my eyes) is more important than this ridiculous tra-la-la...
why always judging someone by appearance
there's nothing more false than appearances...
Old 10-23-2008, 07:13 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabelle 53 View Post
Marie is fundamentally simple, and she has no need of fashion, to be a really good person
her worth (in my eyes) is more important than this ridiculous tra-la-la...
why always judging someone by appearance
there's nothing more false than appearances...
Very true, but then we can close down the entire fashionthread.....

Tags
fashion, princess marie, style