The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 05:21 AM
Courtier

As a matter of fact Billed-Bladet named Marie's parliament outfit "royal dress of the week" (in a positive sense) and Hellomagazine has an article online: Marie challenges Mary's style crown early on with chic turn out
According to them Marie displayed "a spot-on sense of style as well as regal poise".
So far, Marie gets negative points from this messageboard, not from the press (except for the Royal Guard outfit which was called a miss by Billed-Bladet).

Old 10-14-2008, 07:29 AM
Nobility

Well, Hello voted Marie "most elegant wife" after that purple eveningdress in June. Nice dress, but nothing special imo, certainly not combined with black pumps and a black shawl.....
I guess that as she is 'the new kid on the block', the magazines are sugarcoating her. I don't think much of her wardrobe sofar.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneeuwklokje View Post
Well, Hello voted Marie "most elegant wife" after that purple eveningdress in June. Nice dress, but nothing special imo, certainly not combined with black pumps and a black shawl.....
I guess that as she is 'the new kid on the block', the magazines are sugarcoating her. I don't think much of her wardrobe sofar.
i agree. novelty is important in royalty. but we can hardly blame it on marie. the same thing happened with maxima, with letizia, with mary... there was a huge boom and all we could read soon after their engagements was how elegant, pretty or perfect they were. it's something we get used to after a few engagements.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-14-2008, 04:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i agree. novelty is important in royalty. but we can hardly blame it on marie. the same thing happened with maxima, with letizia, with mary... there was a huge boom and all we could read soon after their engagements was how elegant, pretty or perfect they were. it's something we get used to after a few engagements.

Exactly!

It's called the "Honeymoon Stage" where everything is peachy and perfect. Look, overall, her fashion choices have been hit or miss... mainly the latter. Furthermore, these latter opinions have not been solely expressed on this forum either.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:21 PM
Courtier

I found Marie to be the most elegantly dressed at the opening of parliment - so I concur with Hello
Old 10-14-2008, 05:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

I read the article awhile ago, not today so I could be wrong, but it didnt mention for example the latter purple dress did it?
Selective reporting???
Old 10-15-2008, 10:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Marie in Jeans!

I really like to see her with informal clothes (just scroll down) Billed-Bladet - Marie kan ikke undvære hunden
Old 10-15-2008, 10:35 AM
Heir Apparent

i quite like this picture and the lovely coat she wears in it. i wish we will see it soon in an engagement.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-15-2008, 03:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
i quite like this picture and the lovely coat she wears in it. i wish we will see it soon in an engagement.
I agree! She does informal quite well, but I must respectfully disagree with Hello! regarding their statement about Marie at the opening of parliament. I'm still hoping that she works out the style issues she has had in respect to her outfits at official events.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Indeed, Prince Marie's casual look was amazing. A simple A-lined grey coat and bootcut (flared) jeans suited her perfectly. Yes, she does need to attune her look for official engagements and events.
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 10-15-2008, 07:04 PM
Royal Highness

I rather disliked Marie's parliament outfit. The pieces individually look fine. It's just the way they look on her, especially in the second Hello photo in the group shot. Perhaps it's the just-big-enough-to-be-weird hat, like a smaller scale of the mad hatter to a tea party, cute but what was she thinking?! She is coming off like a young child playing dress-up in grown-up clothes. They are wearing her, not the other way around.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Yes that is a nice coat isnt it?!
Old 10-21-2008, 07:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

In Marie's recent apperance (see Prince Joaquim and Princess Marie current events) Marie is wearing a für jacket, God... lets hope is a fake für jacket, please.... For someone who says she really loves animals like she shows...lets hope it's fake please....
Old 10-21-2008, 10:04 AM
Nobility

It was something at the Shackenborg Kro (restaurant, hotel). She combined grey with beige and a fur jacket. A total mess, as usual. It didn't look good on her.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:32 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneeuwklokje View Post
It was something at the Shackenborg Kro (restaurant, hotel). She combined grey with beige and a fur jacket. A total mess, as usual. It didn't look good on her.
PPE Agency
Opening of an exhibition at Schackenborg Slotskro 17/10/08

I don't like this fur thingy, very ugly. Why does Marie always attend official events in clothes other people would wear to go shopping or pick up the kids from the day care center. Too casual, IMO.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Duke of Marmalade I totally agree what the dickens is going on here.It is just getting worse.IMO
Old 10-21-2008, 12:37 PM
Courtier

It is an opening at a Kro!!!!! Her outfit is very appropriate.

About the fur: This is a discussion that has been gone over again and again and again. I think the fur is lovely and wouldn't minde having one of my own.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's not about the big fur-or-no-fur general issue, it's about wearing a ski resort holiday vest trimmed with fur to the opening of an art exhibition... which is quite inappropriate.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
It's not about the big fur-or-no-fur general issue, it's about wearing a ski resort holiday vest trimmed with fur to the opening of an art exhibition... which is quite inappropriate.
Oh yes, an exhibition on Schackenborg Slotskro in Møgeltønder. Sorry dear, but dressing up more then what she did, would be very, very inappropriate. One has to howl as the wolfs one is among.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
PPE Agency
Opening of an exhibition at Schackenborg Slotskro 17/10/08

I don't like this fur thingy, very ugly. Why does Marie always attend official events in clothes other people would wear to go shopping or pick up the kids from the day care center. Too casual, IMO.
For crying out loud, would someone please hire this woman a decent stylist?!
Even though Joachim looks very casual (no tie), Marie could have worn a dressier outfit. Casual turtleneck sweater and cardigan with what look like beige jeans and western cowboy belt and that fur bolero - what was she thinking?

Tags
fashion, princess marie, style