Princess Marie's Fashion & Style Part 2: September 2008 - August 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I understand, the fashion advisers tend to cost money. Perhaps, Princess Marie can not afford having a professional to choose her outfits. If Princess Marie can afford hiring a professional, she can hire the one, who has helped Crown Princess Mary. Or perhaps, Princess Marie's current style is a new definition of the French chic... who knows?

As far as I understand, the fashion advisers tend to cost money. Perhaps, Princess Marie can not afford having a professional to choose her outfits. If Princess Marie can afford hiring a professional, she can hire the one, who has helped Crown Princess Mary. Or perhaps, Princess Marie's current style is a new French chic... who knows?

I would not know if this a new French chic. When I see photos from the collections, sometimes I cringe...........But then again a 3 way mirror and a few fashion mags can be a good start. In the US there are a lot of department stores which provide a private shopper/assistant. They come free and if one needs help they provide them with styles that match their body built and life style. They are lifesavers..

I would imagine that there are many Danish stylists who would jump at the chance to work with Marie, paid or unpaid. Perhaps her advisers are focusing on more on her Danish lessons than on her fashion?

I would imagine that there are many Danish stylists who would jump at the chance to work with Marie, paid or unpaid. Perhaps her advisers are focusing on more on her Danish lessons than on her fashion?

I also believe that designers would kill to have the chance to design for her. She is young and beautiful and needs a little guidance. Who knows? I am sure for one thing though, the transition must be difficult for anyone.
Wish her lots of good luck!

Well, I can give her credit for promoting Danish Design. It was most likely a gift. But I agree that there should be someone else besides Birger. It does not fit her. I don't think Chanel would either. When I think Chanel, I think of Princess Alexandra, Joachim's first wife. I think Chanel is too stuffy for Marie. She needs something more light and airy.

I would not know if this a new French chic. When I see photos from the collections, sometimes I cringe...........But then again a 3 way mirror and a few fashion mags can be a good start. In the US there are a lot of department stores which provide a private shopper/assistant. They come free and if one needs help they provide them with styles that match their body built and life style. They are lifesavers..

Or she could again raid Mary's wardrobe and let the colour of the dresses be changed professionally.:D

Let's see what she will be wearing for the opening of the Parlement today!

As far as I understand, the fashion advisers tend to cost money. Perhaps, Princess Marie can not afford having a professional to choose her outfits. If Princess Marie can afford hiring a professional, she can hire the one, who has helped Crown Princess Mary.
According to Billed-Bladet#37, September 08, Marie does have a stylist. His name is Dennis Knudsen.
I think it would be very boring if she would start dressing like Mary. They are 2 different persons in different positions with different tastes.

Last edited:
Given the recent choices by Princess Marie, her outfit for Folketinget is a definite improvement. A white jacket and tweed skirt (I hope I am not mistaken) matched each other well. I wish the jacket were a bit more tailored. Although Princess Marie seems to favour fedora-type hats, I do not think that these type suits her.

ImageShack - Hosting :: 10655650bo3.jpg

Marie looks awful from waist down with this short skirt and black stockings and the combo with the thick white jacket does not work for me. The hat is so-so, not more.

I always remember her quote when she said that she would be happy as a housewife at Schackenborg and as a consequence she looks something between uncomfortable and bored when she has to be on duty, like today. She probably thinks that money does grow on trees, don't like her attitude at all.

I agreee. Something is not right, typically, with today's ensemble (where is this so called "French Chic" everyone cheers about prior and after?)

The skirt is way too flimsy (tweed or not), too short, and the jacket doesn't "flow" with the rest of the outfit. I already mentioned the awful hat so there is no need to repeat myself. Furthermore, I won't mention the black thick stockings with that brownish colored skirt blended with the pinkish white jacket and Olive colored hat.:rolleyes:

There is still hope...:flowers:

I think Marie looks really good. I think she is maturing in her role, I bet it is not easy.:eek:
I personally am not fond of Mary's dress, to me it doesn't look classy enough. IMO, it looks like something you would see at a luncheon, not a political opening. She is a beautiful woman, so she would look good in a sack but I actually prefer Marie's dress(I can't believe I am saying that):whistling:

I think Marie looked very beautiful today! Unusually short skirt for a royal, but both skirt and jacket suited her tiny frame. Can´t make up my mind about the hat, I wouldn't have picked it, but it makes her look a bit more interesting so perhaps it is good.

I think Marie did better than Mary anyway.

Marie did look nice - simple and discreet. Her skirt was a bit too short and the whole outfit looked a little too spring-like --- I don't like straw hats in the fall. I love it when Marie wears her hair in a chignon.
However, a definite improvement - especially over Mary who looked like she was trying too hard to look fashionable.

Best of late but those hats make her look like she's been at bowls horrible.T agree about the length of the skirt but all in all abetter effort.

I like her jacket and the skirt. Very elegant,imo.:flowers:
I don't like the hat.
I really hope she'll soon discover bigger hats. As her face structure is similar to Mary's I guess big hats would look great on her.

Close up

Full lenghth

Last edited:
I think if she had a small thin belt on the jacket made out of the same material at the skirt it would have pulled the whole outfit together. Unfortunately as it is, it does look mis-matched. Also, the sleeves on her jacket are a tiny bit too long. She has delicate hands and her jackets need to hit perfectly otherwise it looks like she is wearing something too big. I like the hat...she goes for the taller styles I think to make the height difference between her and Joachim less obvious (like Letizia always goes for platforms when with Felipe).

Overall, I think her outfit today was an improvement from the past and she is starting to understand dressing for the occasion.

I really don't get why everyone is freaking so much out about princess Marie's style.
What she's been wearing, is absolutely NOTHING Mathilde(duh) or Letizia hasn't pulled off, and they have been much much worse.
I know people have different taste, but i think the purple Malene Birger dress looked nice. It looked lovely ON HER in my opinion. pretty strange dress, but it looked lovely on her in my opinion.
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/prev/10527632.jpg

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Sep2008/PPE08091553.jpg I think this outfit was totaly lovely. I think one of the most important things is that she, unlike for example princesses from Holland(not maxima, more laurentien etc.) and Spain, doesn't wear things that look really cheap, like wallmart-ish or etc. and where you just wonder "Where the **** did she buy that?"
This white/black suit in berlin with the maxmara bag, cute and professional.

She is definately not going to be the next big style icon but so what?
To me, the most important thing is just that it doesn't look cheap or just down-low UGLY. She wears what she feels comfy in. Let her.

Miss Saga,
You are fully entitled to your subjective opinion. At the same time, I believe that Crown Princess Mathilde does a good job choosing her outfits. At least, her outfits are properly tailored to fit her figure.
It is quite possible that Princess Marie will escape a fate of being the next style icon. She reminds me of a somber version of Carine Roitfeld (Editor-in-Chief, Vogue Paris) with her edgy daringly unkempt style. I believe this is the new definition of French chic ...

I really don't get why everyone is freaking so much out about princess Marie's style.

MissSaga, no one is "freaking out" in regards to Marie's style. People are voicing their opinions... the same way you are and probably will continue to do.

The only major difference: You seem to disagree with others perspective. That's all. No big whoop.

;)

Well, I can give her credit for promoting Danish Design. It was most likely a gift. But I agree that there should be someone else besides Birger. It does not fit her. I don't think Chanel would either. When I think Chanel, I think of Princess Alexandra, Joachim's first wife. I think Chanel is too stuffy for Marie. She needs something more light and airy.

There are some gorgeous outfits from Chanel SS/09 collection that I would love to see on Marie :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a fan of Marie's skirt from the Opening of Parliament. The rest of the outfit is ok, but the skirt I feel is its big weakness

....Crown Princess Mathilde does a good job choosing her outfits. At least, her outfits are properly tailored to fit her figure.

I have to disagree there. Lovely and nice as princess Mathilde may be, she has a tendency to choose short jackets cut in a way that makes her frame look way bulkier and more square than she really is :)

I think that this outfit is an improvement from her recent outfits. That being said, I can't help but think that this outfit makes her look like a big rectangle. It doesn't flow, and looks too boxy on her. The hat is horrible on her. It makes her face look tiny, and IMO it stands up too high on the top.

I find Maries outfit to be elegant and beautiful and I adore her hat. IMO she was the most elegantly dressed of them all and QM came in second.

The outfit is good, I would have loved to have seen a straighter skirt with this top, but the hat the hair and the make up are wonderful.

The hat itself I have nothing against, but I do hope she discovers a wider range (style) of hat...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom