The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 09:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandamrgt View Post
Prepare the stones; I actually like how Marie looks. And I mean not only radiance and sweet smile, but also that dress. The dress iteslf is indeed hideous she kind of pulls it off quite smartly, imo.

OK, now you can throw the stones... :stuart:
(wonderful collection of smilies!)
I would never throw stones at you, amandamrgt! I think it is wonderful to see diversity of opinion. I do agree with you that she managed to wear that hideous dress quite well (considering that it was ugly). She looks comfortable and happy in it.

Old 09-27-2008, 05:53 AM
Courtier

That dress is ...interesting to say the least. Does anyone know who the designer is?

Old 09-27-2008, 08:54 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Horrible! Sorry but Marie looks like straight from the 80ies, this dress is something Sue Ellen would have worn in "Dallas" 25 years ago. I reckon that there is a retro movement but this is the worst part of it.
Agree. This dress is extremely unattractive. I hope that she can find a way to come into her own personal style - sooner rather than later.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:01 AM
Nobility

Whatever designer designed that thing...... He should legally be stopped practising!! Marie is a pretty girl and has a lovely smile, but boy, she has no fashion sense whatsoever!!
Old 09-27-2008, 10:18 AM
Heir Apparent

IMHO she never did. Even before her wedding she did not dress stylish.or chic. I would have thought that by now she would have improved!
Old 09-29-2008, 02:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

oh my!! sometimes I think we can be a little harsh on this new princess but,,,,,,,,,, oh my, dont the Danes give the girl a wardrobe budget?? She could have borrowed something from my pitifull sale racked to death closet and looked better. Princess,hire a stylist!!
Old 09-30-2008, 03:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Horrible! Sorry but Marie looks like straight from the 80ies, this dress is something Sue Ellen would have worn in "Dallas" 25 years ago.
Sorry, Dallas wasn't that trashy even in the worst, I mean height, of 80's fashion. My pick on poor Marie is with the 2nd photo of gray top and denim jean. They would have been fine if she didn't carry a formal clutch. What was she thinking?!
Old 09-30-2008, 07:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have seen that dress in black on the Saks catalogue but those "epaulettes" were in black and it looked smashing! Then I came on the posts and when I first saw that photo it looked like a peek a boo look. If it was all in the same colour she would have looked better. IMHO Marie has a big bust and those wide belts do not enhance her figure. A V neck and no belts or thin belts would look better on her. I like the jeans/Tshirt combo. I agree the clutch was a bit too much for a casual outfit. However she is so sweet and looks so happy.........
Old 10-03-2008, 11:11 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty View Post
Same article in English by Hello Magazine

Denmark's new princess opens her heart on babies and married life

Pics from Ipa Press

Princess Marie looks very very "Chic"
IPApress

ImageShack - Hosting :: ipa200809250103091thmbgtm9.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: ipa200809250103093thmbgpu8.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: ipa200809250103092thmbgdj3.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: ipa200809250103094thmbgag2.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: ipa200809250103095thmbgxn7.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: ipa200809250103096thmbgnr2.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: ipa200809250103097thmbgdj1.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: ipa200809250103100thmbgtg6.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: ipa200809250103101thmbgyh7.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: ipa200809250103102thmbgyu5.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: ipa200809250103103thmbgzg7.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: ipa200809250103104thmbgep3.jpg

I don't think she looks chic at all, that dress is horrible, what are those things in the shoulders????. And the skirt is too long for her, she is petite, she should be careful with it. The color choice was good though
Old 10-03-2008, 11:15 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrilo View Post
I don't think she looks chic at all, that dress is horrible, what are those things in the shoulders????. And the skirt is too long for her, she is petite, she should be careful with it. The color choice was good though
The dress is really strange and also the hair could have been better, I think she hasn't find her style yet
Old 10-03-2008, 11:24 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by assia View Post
I think she hasn't find her style yet
I do hope you are right. The designer must have had a terrible hangover when generating the looks of that dress .
Old 10-03-2008, 01:19 PM
Courtier

I know we did not see too many pics of her before they got married, but from the ones we did see, it seemed as if she dressed better before her marriage than she is now.
Since her marriage, almost everything she has worn is ill fitting, ugly, frumpy or blah. She really has to get away from wearing the sheer blouses with a cami underneath. Her suits need to be tailored to her correctly. She needs hats that do not look like her granny's hats crammed down on her head. And I think she has only worn about 2 or 3 dresses that have actually been very pretty and flattering to her figure.
One would think that with her looks and her figure that she would be a dream to dress. Or maybe since she probably now has a dress budget, she does not know what to purchase. As we all know, money does not buy taste or style, and maybe that is what is freaking her out so that she continues to make these mitakes??
Who knows!
Old 10-03-2008, 04:05 PM
Heir Apparent

She just seems lost, fashion-wise. I haven't heard if she has a stylist, but she should definitely seek advice when she is picking out clothes.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Courtier

I actually like the sheer blouse cami things she wears. It suits her imo. But some of her clothes are not so great. I do think she has a very french style of dressing. It's just funny how persons will complain about Marie and no fashion sense and then complain about Mary and her having one. I'm just making a note, not directed at any one person.

I know Joachim wanted a wife more as a partner to him then a princess for Denmark. You really got that impression from interviews he has given. So perhaps Marie will not progress. She may never have a professional stylist etc. She didn't get a tiara yet.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionista100 View Post
I actually like the sheer blouse cami things she wears. It suits her imo. But some of her clothes are not so great. I do think she has a very french style of dressing. It's just funny how persons will complain about Marie and no fashion sense and then complain about Mary and her having one. I'm just making a note, not directed at any one person.

I know Joachim wanted a wife more as a partner to him then a princess for Denmark. You really got that impression from interviews he has given. So perhaps Marie will not progress. She may never have a professional stylist etc. She didn't get a tiara yet.
I hadnt thought of it like that, you've given me something to ponder now...
Old 10-04-2008, 06:46 AM
Nobility

Yes, but even as 'only' his partner, she still is a Princess of Denmark. The Danish Royal Family is very, very small and the Queen and Prince Henrik are not getting any younger (or healthier..) and the children are all way to young to do any proper Royal work for a long, long time. So imo she will have to step up the plate, like it or not.
Old 10-04-2008, 10:36 AM
Gentry

I agree completely with everyone, I was apalled when I first saw that dress. Then I thought, what a good thing it is that she´s not trying to imitate Mary, that she tries to have a "style" of her own.

Imagine my surprise then when I happened to come across this dress when looking at the latest collection from my favourite designer, "By Malene Birger"! This is a Danish designer that also happens to be one of Mary's favourites!!

You can see it at BY MALENE BIRGER
It's from the collection "Temptation Christmas 2008".

I think it is supposed to be worn with an ironic twist or by a "rockier" type of person than Marie.

P.S. I don't agree that Joachim dresses well, though, by Scandinavian standards he looks incredibly conservativie and boring. I have only seen old men dress like that before. I would say that Frederik looks much more well dressed and up to date. But this is only my Swedish point of view
Old 10-04-2008, 11:15 AM
Nobility

Good Lord, what an awfull lot of really ugly stuff this Malene Birger produces. I wouldn't be caught dead in it. I strongly advise Mary and Marie to find somebody else for their dresses!!
Old 10-04-2008, 11:41 AM
Heir Apparent

I can definitely understand the reason she chose a Danish designer, but surely she could have selected a better dress or even a better designer.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

I just think she is getting REALLY bad advise ...is that stating the obvious....and is taking it. These choices since her marriage have been nothing short of insaneIMO.

Tags
fashion, princess marie, style