The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 11:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Hola!/LA PRINCESA MARIE: 'TODO EL MUNDO SABE QUE QUIERO TENER HIJOS. AS QUE UN DA DE ESTOS LOS PERIODISTAS TENDRIS RAZN'
This last outfit of Marie is totally awful.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Gosh and she does have a stylist.... I am unable to believe how really horrible this outfit is .....is it the shoes or the dress and the shoes together. I cannot see what conversation you would have with yourself about this dress before leaving home.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Marie and Prince Joachim at the EU Contest for Young Scientist Award Prize giving at the Circus Building in Copenhagen
Belga
Hola
Sorry, but this is one of the ugliest outfits I have ever seen a royal lady wear.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

But that is one sharply dressed man by the side of the oogly dress
Old 09-26-2008, 12:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Unfortunately I couldn't agree more, LadyFinn - this is ghastly.
A perfectly terrible design with those pinkish and black jet-embroidered patches on the shoulders.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:57 PM
Serene Highness

epaulettes! that's exactly what it looks like, pink and black epaulettes gone bad. if they connected to something, maybe down the back and around the skirt or something, but just stuck up there for no rhyme or reason or worse no color
co-ordination, it's just tragically wrong...wrong...wrong...

i don't even think the dress and shoes would be that bad, boring maybe but not hidious with a pretty pin or necklace but those epaulettes OMG she's a beauty and still looks pretty but OMG is this a danish designers?

as someone that has seen some photos of myself and thought "what was i thinking" i'll give her a pass, it's early, and she's never came off as a clotheshorse, more simple chic but this dress needs to be thrown away and hopefully never makes the recycling thread.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:20 PM
Nobility

Who is her stylist, Beatrice of York maybe??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen View Post
But that is one sharply dressed man by the side of the oogly dress
Yes he is and that is why I cannot understand that he lets his wife look the way she does. That dress is so very, very, very UGLYYYYYYYYYYYY!!
My God, where do you buy stuff like that. She looks like a little girl in it.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:27 PM
Heir Apparent

I love the color of the dress on her, deep rich purple, but the rest... well that's obvious.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:51 PM
Courtier

THAT DRESS! Where does she find this ugly stuff? Even without the pink things attacking her shoulders, the dress is matronly and cheap-looking. And her hair - let's style it a bit, shall we?
Marie looks like like a little girl in mummy's hand-me-down frock -
Old 09-26-2008, 02:01 PM
Courtier

Was she going for a retro look?
Old 09-26-2008, 02:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Whatever look she was going for she missed it by a mile!! I think the skirt is too long, maybe, and that contributes to the matronly look. She is definately NOT a stylish princess yet by any means.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:11 PM
Heir Apparent

yes, definitely not my favourite. i wonder who designed it. it looks danish to me though. she seems to like purple though!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 09-26-2008, 03:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, points for wearing a dress; BUT lets leave it there shall we....
Small changes could have made this an average dress rather than what it is...
Old 09-26-2008, 03:22 PM
Serene Highness

the more i look at the shoes the more i'm OMG frightful, i didn't see them closely before, i was mesmerized by the pink epaulettes. i haven't seen those since dynasty and michael jackson, maybe it's supposed to be 80's retro, it didn't work and since no fashionista has posted the designer, its not an excuse that it was a hip danish dress and we were the ones not getting it, general opinion seems to be it'll make the top ten worst dress of the year (that might be a fun poll) mabel and laurentrin might not make first this time

"Yes he is and that is why I cannot understand that he lets his wife look the way she does"
aww, sneeuwklokje, they're newlyweds, he's so in love he probably didn't even notice (if you can imagine) and using my husband as a guide, it takes awhile to read between the lines and plus he looks at all questions as a minefield, i can see his gears turning.....umumumumuuum...which is the right answer, which is the right answer, is this ultimately ending with "do i look fat/old" good hubbies know to never touch that live wire. early marriage he'd say "i like your blue top or whatever better" (he had sisters, he came well trained) now its "ARE You going to wear that" i know to check the mirror. my gay friends are my fashion stylists, they delight in saying "girl, you got to throw that away" and since they're all flawless, i always listen to them. a few catagories: elegant, classic, cute (as in "too cute" which is a big nono) churchy, oldladyish and tragic. alas, i fear this is tragic.

wish i could see the back. i'm on record not liking dark hose, so i won't beat that horse, but petite women have to be very careful and wear the right shoe or you look 3ft tall and stumpy, same for big pants with wide legs and of course everything should fit properly.
great color,....she looks pretty.... they look blissful... all's right in their world
Old 09-26-2008, 03:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Belga
Hola
Sorry, but this is one of the ugliest outfits I have ever seen a royal lady wear.
Well without these strange something on her shoulders and with some nice additions (brooch or necklace) it could look quite nice. But maybe different colour maybe red she would look better...
Marie should do something with her hair cut them a little bit or change the colour?

Btw doesn't Mary wear similar colours as Marie or Marie like Mary?
Old 09-26-2008, 03:29 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Horrible! Sorry but Marie looks like straight from the 80ies, this dress is something Sue Ellen would have worn in "Dallas" 25 years ago. I reckon that there is a retro movement but this is the worst part of it.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
Some photos from Pure People of Princess Marie at a science event in Denmark on September 22, 2008. I think that she looked really nice at this event.

REPORTAGE PHOTOS : Quand les magnifiques prince Joachim et princesse Marie de Danemark passent la Nuit ensemble

I don't mind this outfit. It's fine. Could it be better? Yes, but I think she looks nice. I don't think she has a stylist. I'm not sure she will get one either.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post

Okay, I agree with everyone. This outfit is bad. It's the shoulders. The dress would have been fine without it.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:26 PM
Aristocracy

Prepare the stones; I actually like how Marie looks. And I mean not only radiance and sweet smile, but also that dress. The dress iteslf is indeed hideous she kind of pulls it off quite smartly, imo.

OK, now you can throw the stones... :stuart:
(wonderful collection of smilies!)
Old 09-26-2008, 07:34 PM
Heir Apparent

It's a great thing that we all have differing opinions. So, no, no one will throw stones at you, and in fact I appreciate your input.

Tags
fashion, princess marie, style