Princess Marie's Fashion & Style Part 2: September 2008 - August 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Granted, others were more outlandish than Marie at this event. However, she looked very unlike royalty in this outfit. I believe just entirely too much shine - jacket, pants, shoes, black nail polish. AWFUL, just awful, look.

The contrast between her very delicate beige lacy dress with soft curls framing her face look at the christening just a few days ago to this straight-angled black shiny look complete with black nail polish is too much of a swing. Either she has no idea of when to say no to a stylist who suggests such a look, or she herself can't judge what is appropriate for royalty.

Hopefully she'll get better. We keep saying this, don't we? She is not a pop star, movie star, or anything along these lines. This look is less than desirable, shows very cheap looking taste. She is a princess of the realm, an adult and a mother.

I personally enjoyed her outfit. However, I do understand where everyone is coming from in the "unprincess like" aspect of the outfit. I personally think that based upon what everyone was wearing...this was not your usual fashion show. Not classic, conservative or haute couture but more of edgy, youthful and trendy. Therefore her clothes reflected the show. For example (using American designers)....those who dress to go to a Betsy Johnson fashion show are not going to wear the same thing goign to a Caroline Herrara show.

Perhaps, but she is part of the ruling family of the country, and, as such, needs to avoid looking vulgar.

Others may have looked that way, but she has a special place in that country. She should not forget that. Her signature low cleavage is also getting old.

I agree with all the posts that this was not appropriate attire for royalty.

Well said, rylt11, and I could not have said it better. I tried, but I wasn't able to say it as well as you.
Marie's mistakes are getting to be too numerous, as well as old, IMHO. She has so much potential and the ability to look elegant and royal. She needs only to ask....

She has only been a member of the royal family for what like two years? I am sure Joachim had an opportunity to see her before she left the house, as he had been a royal his entire life, most likely he had an opportunity to say...You know...you shouldn't wear that.

Everyone has a bad clothes day, hopefully if this is the case (and I don't think it is) we will all move on from this occurence. Even accalimed fashionista's have had a bad day.

Joachim wears interesting color palettes sometimes, but a man is limited to jackets, trousers, ties.

Women have many more choices - dresses, coat dresses, tops, jeans, pants, wide legged pants, long dresses, tea length, knee length, and a wide variety of necklines, sleeves, and, above all, fabrics.

If the stylist suggested this look for her, I doubt if Joachim would object. She should be more in tune with what is right and what is off the mark. This reminds me of the blue dress she wore when pregnant, which revealed every detail of her figure... that was also off the mark. She needs to be aware of what is proper or not.

Joachim is aware of what looks good on him. He has his tailors and his valets, i imagine, that have been with him since his birth, (almost), advising him.

On the other hand, Marie is quite new to this way of life. However, I feel that she should be aware by this time to know how a princess should dress. She does not have to be a CP to be able to know the difference between proper and what is just...wrong.

She looks great if she was not a Princess. That is her one big problem she forgets who she is now. She leaves no doubt she likes skin tight and very low cut.

Maybe someone will tell her she must tone it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom