The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
Here is a photo of Princess Marie during the christening of Prince Henrik Carl Joachim Alain today:

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/w...blog/bilde.jpg

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/w...og/bilde-1.jpg

I liked this dress. The color was very pretty, and the cut is flattering.
If she wore this dress when she was in her mid 40's I wouldve liked it. This dress isnt for her age nor does the color suit Marie at all. The white lining/under part looks wrong. Maries hair looked really nice but I think she had too much tan on unless its a real tan.

Old 07-26-2009, 03:05 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Marie - a dull choice for her son's christening and its actually abit tight over her back which isnt flattering and im not a fan of the shoes

But i like her hair today its natural and youthful

Old 07-26-2009, 04:55 PM
Courtier

Princess Marie's dress looks nice but it doesn't look right with her tan. I like her shoes. Her hair looks nice and youthful.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

To be honest, I'm not enamoured with the christening dress either. I like her hair, its so soft and wavy, sort if suits her as a new mother, but the dress lacks something, be it colour or style, or both.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:12 PM
Aristocracy

Love the christening dress, gorgeous. I love lace overlays, I think they are so romantic and feminine.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:53 PM
Royal Highness

The dress is a cocktail dress gone wrong.
The color is really quite drab and boring. It could've been saved had she worn it in a bright and solid color. Also I don't get the white dress underneath-the way it sticks out looks ill-fitting.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmi View Post
To be honest, I'm not enamoured with the christening dress either. I like her hair, its so soft and wavy, sort if suits her as a new mother, but the dress lacks something, be it colour or style, or both.[my bolding]
I find your observations apt. A grey lace dress with a white slip dress seems to be an odd combination to me. If the truth be told, I am not too surprised with Princess Marie's choice. Awkwardness of the ensemble is aggravated by Princess Marie's tan. Less tan would have been much better. For once I like her hairstyle.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Nor am I, Al_bina, surprised with her choice. She just always seems to just miss the mark of looking like a princess. Lace with a white whatever underneath? I do agree that her hair and make-up looks lovely, however....soft and feminine.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:51 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Don't like the christening dress either... I would have thought she would have liked something more festive to mark the christening of her first child.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

the outfit is just wrong even the shoes are terrible. It looks tacky. I think she can take some pointers from Mary.

And I don't like the way she purses her lips in this picture.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:31 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
Marie - a dull choice for her son's christening and its actually abit tight over her back which isnt flattering and im not a fan of the shoes

But i like her hair today its natural and youthful
I agree with you PrincessofEurope. I was hoping she would wear something brighter with a hat or fascinator. Her shoes are awfully tacky and don't match the dress. She should have shined yesterday and she didn't.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:54 AM
Royal Highness

I like this outfit too. For me this lace dress is fantastic. Shoes are ok (CP Mary wins) and I like her curly hair. The best addition was this pretty boy in her arms
Old 07-27-2009, 09:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree with those who are less than impressed with the look.
The style of the dress is far too old, the lace overlay sits somehow badly on the white dress underneath, the accessories don't match well, and this kind dull grey-beige shade might actually be the worst possible one for Marie's coloring.
IMO it's not a fortunate choice at all.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

The dress is very beautiful, IMO. But the colour looks strange against Marie's skin. I prefer her in brighter colours, but she looks lovely anyway.
I don't like her shoes, though. Too casual, IMO.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 07-27-2009, 03:04 PM
Serene Highness

I can't see any grey shade in that dress and I'm surprised to hear that.I think it's beige/light brown.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:42 PM
Heir Apparent

It is in the eye of the beholder. In any case, the dress is Still unattractive no matter the color, imho. It simply does nothing for her and was a poor choice for such a happy occasion as this was.
The little Prince Henrik was adorable, however, and her finest accessory for sure. :-)
Old 07-27-2009, 03:45 PM
Serene Highness

But she was shining,you all have to admit that.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:28 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

I don´t like her shoes
I think her shoes are cute!
Old 07-28-2009, 08:44 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Tacky & dull - that pretty much covers it. Seems the whole christing was a bit toned down fashion wise but even then Marie could have looked so much better. She has beautiful hair, that's what usually saves her.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:47 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

June 26, 2009 - Marie at the christening rehersal in a pair of jeans and a sky blue shirt.

Picture

Closed Thread

Tags
fashion, princess marie, style