The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 11:21 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
I liked the hairdo she had for the official portraits. (PPE)
yes, that's right
here Marie looks much more better, hair above her face are raising(good word??) and tiara doesn't look so big.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:09 PM
Heir Apparent

The new light pink dress did not photograph well. Princess Marie looked average. I am not keen on a hue of the pink colour and golden embellishments.

To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 06-12-2009, 03:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Al bina I agree and whether she looked gorgeous in person she appeared to me to look a plain jane.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:46 PM
Aristocracy

I liked her pink gala dress, its a nice color for her. I wish I could see a close-up of the material.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

The style and cut of the evening dress in pink and gold is so arch-classical that it could have appeared at any kind of royal gala from the late 1950s to the early 70s, and I don't mean this as a compliment.
It appears that the embroidery is very well made, but the overall look is completely unimaginative.... quite a bore really.
Her hairdo unfortunately went very wrong, it's simply tilted to all sides at once... a bit comical even.
Old 06-13-2009, 03:33 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Gala Dinner - Marie wearing a new light pink dress
http://i41.tinypic.com/axnny8.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/2cncsq0.jpg
Polfoto
The work on this dress is beautiful but I think its over the top to wear to this event. Would work to New Years dinner or a state visit. It's also abit old (style wise for Marie)

Quote:
I really liked the grey jacket on Marie. The outfits was simple but very lovely. I liked the combination of grey/white alot. The clutch is lovely.

The White Dress was nice, too. I don't like the platform shoes with the loose dress. The cardigan looks nice and I really loved her hair and make up.
Suit - Pants very flattering. The jacket looked well tailored, but the shoulder pads lookd abit too big.

Dress - beautiful, loved how she paired it with a black cardi/jacket. The dress shadings looked really nice on Marie.

Quote:
Pucci dress, beautiful, elegent and the print isnt overwhelming. One of the best daytime looks for Marie. I like how she broke the print down with a plain cardigan. Hair was cute.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Polfoto
I really love Princess Marie's beautiful light pink gala gown. Her hardio looked gorgeous with the diamond tiara. Pink is a nice colour on her. There are other colours she should wear like blue, green, etc.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Does anyone know who designed the gala gown? It looks like it was made for her, but I haven't been able to track down any info.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:13 PM
Nobility

I really liked this new gala gown by itself. I wasn't very pleased with how it looked on Marie. I don't think that the gown itself, however, was a failure. It has a very classic cut and the detailing is very beautiful. Marie's hair was also very unattractive, IMO. I do think that if her hair were a bit softer, the look may have been very different. I'm looking forward to seeing Marie wear this gown again with her hair styled differently.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:26 PM
Serene Highness

It wasn't an ugly gown,imo.It's just that it looked just like something a woman would wear right after giving birth.I believe Marie doesn't have too many options at the moment.I liked that tiara,by the way.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:49 PM
Heir Apparent

the Fashion Spot - View Single Post - Princess Marie of Denmark
(originally posted by alicia753, TheFashionSpot)
The golden embroidery looked unflattering.
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 06-14-2009, 11:03 PM
Aristocracy

I thought Marie looked great at all the events. The pink gala dress was beautiful. I think she looked beautiful at both evening events and loved both outfits during the day.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Goodness, she just had a baby! Why all the criticism? I thought the pink beaded gown was gorgeous, and I liked the white dress too but she should've wore a slip underneath. She looks terrific considering she has a tiny baby to care for.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:20 AM
Serene Highness

I absolutely agree with you, she looked lovely in all the events of the b-day.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Polfoto
This pink evening dress is exquisite.I really like it.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Here are some photos of Princess Marie on the royal yacht, Dannebrog, in Denmark on July 23, 2009:

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/w...PE09072304.jpg

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/w...PE09072301.jpg

I really like this dress and cardigan. The dress is cut very nicely, and the little cardigan goes well with the dress. The hat is cute, but I think it would have looked better if the brim was less droopy. She kind of looks like she has used too much tanner on her skin, but otherwise, I think that she looks great.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:10 PM
Aristocracy

She looks very sweet. I like the pink lipstick too (from what I can see).
Old 07-23-2009, 05:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Here are some more from today's event:

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/w...illeprisen.jpg

From Billed-Bladet

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/w..._Gal02ashx.jpg
from msn.dk
Old 07-24-2009, 05:50 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

July 23, 2009 - Marie visiting Haderslev while on the annual cruise on Dannebrog. Dressed in a summery printed flower dress with a grey cardigan and a hat. I love the dress, the print and the colors, I find it very flattering and fits Maries petite figure really well. Not too sure about the cardigan, maybe would prefer it in another color like purple. The hat is fun but I dont think for this event since it makes it quite unformal.

Full View PPE ** Close up PPE
Old 07-24-2009, 07:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree with you dazzling. The cardigan doesn't look right with the dress. If the sweater would have been in beige it would have brought the whole outfit together with the hat.IMO Nice to see her out. Looking foward to the baptism!

Tags
fashion, princess marie, style