Princess Marie's Fashion & Style Part 2: September 2008 - August 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marie - a dull choice for her son's christening and its actually abit tight over her back which isnt flattering and im not a fan of the shoes

But i like her hair today its natural and youthful

I agree with you PrincessofEurope. I was hoping she would wear something brighter with a hat or fascinator. Her shoes are awfully tacky and don't match the dress. She should have shined yesterday and she didn't. :nonono::nonono:

I like this outfit too. For me this lace dress is fantastic. Shoes are ok (CP Mary wins) and I like her curly hair. The best addition was this pretty boy in her arms :wub:

I agree with those who are less than impressed with the look.
The style of the dress is far too old, the lace overlay sits somehow badly on the white dress underneath, the accessories don't match well, and this kind dull grey-beige shade might actually be the worst possible one for Marie's coloring.
IMO it's not a fortunate choice at all.

The dress is very beautiful, IMO. But the colour looks strange against Marie's skin. I prefer her in brighter colours, but she looks lovely anyway.
I don't like her shoes, though. Too casual, IMO.

I can't see any grey shade in that dress and I'm surprised to hear that.I think it's beige/light brown.

It is in the eye of the beholder. In any case, the dress is Still unattractive no matter the color, imho. It simply does nothing for her and was a poor choice for such a happy occasion as this was.
The little Prince Henrik was adorable, however, and her finest accessory for sure. :)

But she was shining,you all have to admit that.

Tacky & dull - that pretty much covers it. Seems the whole christing was a bit toned down fashion wise but even then Marie could have looked so much better. She has beautiful hair, that's what usually saves her.

June 26, 2009 - Marie at the christening rehersal in a pair of jeans and a sky blue shirt.

Picture

One of her strengths fashion-wise has always been in her casual style. She usually looks great when she is casually dressed. This outfit looks really nice on her. I like the color of the shirt, and her jeans are cut in a very flattering style.

The only criticism that I have of her casual style is that she often hangs her sunglasses on the neckline of her shirt (not in this photo, but in others from that day), and this looks kind of silly (IMO).

I still don't know what to think about Marie's christening outfit. I liked the cut alot. It reminded me of the lace dress Letizia wore last year.
Anyway I think the colour was a little pale for a happy event like a christening. I loved her hair though.

I think that I'm in the minority, but I liked her christening outfit. The shape of the dress was really slimming and attractive on her figure. It was a bit loose in the collar area, but the rest of the dress looked very nice. Her hair and makeup were gorgeous. I think that she looked a bit too tan, but overall, I thought that she looked nice. She still hasn't hit her stride with the more formal outfits, but she is improving, IMO.

I think that I'm in the minority, but I liked her christening outfit. The shape of the dress was really slimming and attractive on her figure. It was a bit loose in the collar area, but the rest of the dress looked very nice. Her hair and makeup were gorgeous. I think that she looked a bit too tan, but overall, I thought that she looked nice. She still hasn't hit her stride with the more formal outfits, but she is improving, IMO.

So am I. I really liked this outfit. I don't think that there was anything wrong with the colour, on the contrary I think that it looked nice with her skintone particularly since she seems tanner. Her shoes were nice, and I also agree that her hair and makeup were lovely.

I was in the minority from the beginning.The lace dress just showed her perfect figure in a very elegant way.Hair,make-up,jewels:all wonderful.Smile:adorable!The christening:unofficial,compared to the CP's children.I wonder what else or what more could Marie do to please everyone.In my opinion,nothing.

I was in the minority from the beginning.The lace dress just showed her perfect figure in a very elegant way.Hair,make-up,jewels:all wonderful.Smile:adorable!The christening:unofficial,compared to the CP's children.I wonder what else or what more could Marie do to please everyone.In my opinion,nothing.

I thought so too! I liked the style, fit and color on her. And her smile, of course, was the best.

I thought so too! I liked the style, fit and color on her. And her smile, of course, was the best.
I totally agree with both of you. She looked wonderful and I love the dress. And one thing that I am glad of is that there were no hats. Some women go way over board with them.

Marie - a dull choice for her son's christening and its actually abit tight over her back which isnt flattering and im not a fan of the shoes

I'm not a fan of Marie's shoes, either. They seem to be too casual for me as far as christening goes - the tips should have been hidden, I think. But the rest was just as it should be - Marie was so radiant (as usual) with her pretty hairstyle, make-up and dress. I've admired her beauty since I first saw her - she's definitaly an attractive and fashion-conscious woman. :angel:

Thank you, Cecile76, for the photo. I think that Marie looks very lovely in this outfit. She has been looking very svelte since the birth of Prince Henrik. This casual style is very pretty on her. I just wish that she would stay away from the self-tanner.

Here is a photo and short article about the man who styled Princess Marie's hair and did her makeup for the christening:
http://vip.tv2.dk/article.php/id-24018993.html

Last edited:
J & M seem to be out for a walk,so the whole outfit looks very nice & appropriate for the occasion.I also liked the combination of the colors.

Sure, Marie looked fine at her son's christening, the dress was cute, but I was just a little bit disappointed.

I love the look from yesterday with Joe in TIVOLI. Very relaxed.

I'm sorry,what exactly is Tivoli?I mean,what was the occasion?Because I first thought that they were just having a walk.

Tivoli is an amusement park and gardens in Copenhagen. They were there for an event to kick off the Copenhagen Grand Prix, I believe. Joachim participated in a press conference (or an interview session), and then they had dinner with friends.

You can read more about it in this thread:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...gen-historic-grand-prix-23807.html#post974427

I've always thought that Marie's casual style was so lovely. This is her strong point, fashion-wise, IMO.

Thank you,Sgl!I read the thread and got my info,but thanks anyway.I agree with you about her casual style.And I noticed that she was actually wearing a beige jacket & a silver blouse.Who would have thought of that combination?Really smart,imo.

I reaaly like her last casual outfit. Princess looks very nice in fresh, light colors.

August 2, 2009 - Marie in white pants that look like white jeans and a black sleevless top with black sunglasses and a large black shoulder croc embossed bag attending a car race.

Full Look ** Close Up ** Bag

Do I see some Raybans here or what?Really cool outfit,especially for watching a car race.She definitely has style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom