The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 08:50 AM
Aristocracy

Her grey and taupe shirt that she wore to the George Michael's concert is by Malene Birger.. If anyone interested, there's the black version of the top available on sale for DKK2999.. Here's the link..

Old 11-25-2008, 03:37 PM
Heir Apparent

I really liked the outfit that she wore to the concert. I'm not as fond of the black version. Marie looked so pretty in grey.

Old 11-25-2008, 04:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm afraid I missed something here. I haven't seen the outfit she wore to the concert, at least I don't remember seeing it! Will someone be so kind as to steer me in the right direction or show a pic so I can see it? Thanks ever so much in advance!!
Old 11-25-2008, 07:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Here you go, udyusa!

HELLO! Photo gallery – Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!

Alexandra og Marie dansede til George Michael - MSN Starlounge

Hope the links work!
Old 12-22-2008, 04:32 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Marie's first year as a princess (fashion prior to the pregnancy announcemnet)
Billed-Bladet - Prinsesse Marie: It frste year in pictures

Old 12-22-2008, 05:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

With the exception of her wedding gown (which was near perfection) and perhaps 2 or 3 other outfits, I still think that she needs help from a stylist. She just hasn't got that "Princess' look with her fashion, imho. Somehow she lacks the regal, polished look required of a HRH. I am Still hoping because the potential is there!
Old 12-31-2008, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Some of Marie's shoes in 2008
http://i44.tinypic.com/25pl4yu.jpg
BB

Old 12-31-2008, 01:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Some of Marie's shoes in 2008
http://i44.tinypic.com/25pl4yu.jpg
BB
Thanks again HM

With except of the shoes # 1 like almost all other.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:07 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
With the exception of her wedding gown (which was near perfection) and perhaps 2 or 3 other outfits, I still think that she needs help from a stylist. She just hasn't got that "Princess' look with her fashion, imho. Somehow she lacks the regal, polished look required of a HRH. I am Still hoping because the potential is there!
I think the potential is certainly there, she just still manages to look a little too casual and less polished than a Princess should be.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 12-31-2008, 04:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well jcbcode, one thing's for sure...We agree to agree!!! :-) Also, she doesn't have to look far for a Perfect example of how a Princess should look. She just has to follow sister-in-law CP Mary's fashion sense and she can't go wrong!
Old 12-31-2008, 04:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Well jcbcode, one thing's for sure...We agree to agree!!! :-) Also, she doesn't have to look far for a Perfect example of how a Princess should look. She just has to follow sister-in-law CP Mary's fashion sense and she can't go wrong!
And the agreement continues! CP Mary comes about as close to perfect as one can get with regard to her clothing choices. I'm sure there are some examples out there, but I cannot recall seeing her in anything horrible or laugh-worthy. In fact, I think I'll cruise over to the CP Mary Fashion threads and enjoy her well put together ensembles.

Mathilde is another one Marie would be wise to emulate. Both she and Mary have "it" when it comes to elegance and how to present themselves.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 12-31-2008, 04:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:

I most definitely agree! She is still very much in need of fashion advise.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

It is sooo nice to have others agree with what I have to say! As I said on another board....It sure does boost my ego. I thank you.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:12 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
And the agreement continues! CP Mary comes about as close to perfect as one can get with regard to her clothing choices. I'm sure there are some examples out there, but I cannot recall seeing her in anything horrible or laugh-worthy. In fact, I think I'll cruise over to the CP Mary Fashion threads and enjoy her well put together ensembles.
Mathilde is another one Marie would be wise to emulate. Both she and Mary have "it" when it comes to elegance and how to present themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSY View Post
I most definitely agree! She is still very much in need of fashion advise.
you have the right to prefer Mary, but Marie has the right to be what she is, with her style and her personality

why a second Mary, one is not enough ?

somebody said on the forum that Marie already has a danish stylist

anyway if Marie choose to dress like Mary you also blame her
Old 01-01-2009, 10:35 AM
Courtier

Well I disagree. I think there is one other princess that needs it much more sometimes : Princess Maxima. I have not yet seen Marie in a truly frumpy outfit with hair that looked like it hadn't been combed in days.
Yes, Marie is not especially fashionable, but I always think she has looked polished, sweet and appropriate, and that's what matters in my opinion

She should hire a stylist in my opinion, but I don't think she looks horrible at all like others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabelle 53 View Post
you have the right to prefer Mary, but Marie has the right to be what she is, with her style and her personality

I agree ! Marie is not Mary and vice versa. So why bother ? She looks fine as it is.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabelle 53 View Post

somebody said on the forum that Marie already has a danish stylist

anyway if Marie choose to dress like Mary you also blame her

Actually I don't prefer Mary. I don't want Marie to be as obsessed with her appearance. I do hope she steps it up a little.
I find it hard to believe Marie has a stylist.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

I Do prefer Mary, but I don't expect Marie to look or dress exactly like her! I just feel she would be wise to take a few tips from her on how to look like a HRH, is all. Marie most definately needs a stylist, and if it is true that she has one Marie would do well to find another. Just imho....
Old 01-01-2009, 05:01 PM
Nobility

I like Marie, she is very simple, natural, but what I like most is that she has chosen to leave the fashion in a background and not become a fashion victim with no personality. Marie like the fashion but she has said repeatedly that "she is not addicted to fashion," and this is something very intelligent IMO. I really hope she does not try to imitate anyone, and that she has her own style with mistakes and successes.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarina View Post
I like Marie, she is very simple, natural, but what I like most is that she has chosen to leave the fashion in a background and not become a fashion victim with no personality. Marie like the fashion but she has said repeatedly that "she is not addicted to fashion," and this is something very intelligent IMO. I really hope she does not try to imitate anyone, and that she has her own style with mistakes and successes.
That's right Camarina, do you remember when she said it ?
Old 01-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Royal Highness

I wanted to comment about the color that it's wonderful as well!!Good choice!!And of course,nobody said that these two women should have the same style.We're all unique,Marie should follow her path....as long as she isn't lost in trends...lol

Tags
fashion, princess marie, style