Princess Marie's Fashion and Style Part 10: May 2015 - October 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she wore the large brimmed hat to give her some privacy when she was crying.When you watch the video she put her head down a number of times and the hat afforded her a bit of privacy as she was wiping away tears.

Once again, I agree with Polyesco. Whatever the occasion, Marie never seems to get it all together in the right way. :(

I like what Marie chose. The hat is regal and afforded her privacy as someone else said - being French, this must feel particularly close to her. It is my impression that probably only Frederick was going to attend but Marie proposed to join to celebrate the lives of her fellow country men and women who perished.

I like Marie. Elegant and dressed appropriately for the occasion. And hat adds more elegance in appearance.

Marie in one of her typical looks opened the Global Entrepreneurship Week of the Danish Industry in Copenhagen yesterday, November 16:

** Full view ** Upper part **

well, its the fashion thread, the sadness of the event is being discussed elsewhere.
full view
https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=36cd366eaf59e12d8821d30b26f94727&oe=56F2FB26
I am afraid you miss the obvious. Every single engagement dictates what the royal wears....

This sad engagement dictated black, but when it comes to hats Marie's tend toward the frivolous so she wore a very elegant plain black hat, perfect for the occasion while also affording her a little privacy.

I am afraid you miss the obvious. Every single engagement dictates what the royal wears....

This was about critizising or discussing something frivolous as fashion at all (in this case not liking the style of the hat) with regard to what happened. Its about the style of the hat not the mourning outfit in general.

Marie in one of her typical looks opened the Global Entrepreneurship Week of the Danish Industry in Copenhagen yesterday, November 16:

** Full view ** Upper part **
the shiny trousers are awful

Shiny velvet i don't say i'm very grazy.

Overall Marie looks nice, but I'm not so sure about the material of her top. Her outfit is quite plain and simple in comparison to Margrethe and Mary's, but since I've been following her fashion I've gotten the impression that this is her style.

Boring gown and I think it is missing something.

miss
why she doesn't learn to dress properly for such events?!
Summer dress for New Years Banquet :bang:

Although it was not so impressive in general she was very beautiful.

miss
why she doesn't learn to dress properly for such events?!
Summer dress for New Years Banquet :bang:

It's a gala dress. And she certainly isn't the first Princess to wear a sleeveless gown to the Danish New Years Court.

I agree about something missing from the outift though.

I thought she looked stunning. The dress was classic and elegant and there was some nice detailing on the top. It really showed off the chain with the elephant( can't remember what it is called). Her hair from the back was also done to perfection!

I thought she looked stunning. The dress was classic and elegant and there was some nice detailing on the top. It really showed off the chain with the elephant( can't remember what it is called). Her hair from the back was also done to perfection!

Agreed. She looks beautiful. I love her dress!

Although not spectacular, Marie looked lovely.

The chain is the collar of the order of the elephant. The collar, which is alternating elephants and towers,is only given to members of the Danish royal family and their spouses. And they only wear the collar itself (chain) at New Years and major events like a jubilee. Other members like foreign royals, only receive the badge and star.

I like her dress, simple but elegant. I have no problem with sleeveless in the winter for a gala gown. Certainly Mary and Marie have both wore off the shoulder an skiny strap gowns to the event in the past. I think the dress seems to fit Marie's style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom