The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 07:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
I don't know about you and your habits but I prefer to sleep sans make-up, sans jewelery and without a braid, so Marie for me looks not as if she hadn't been to the bathroom this morning.
I hear you, but my point was that she looks disheveled as one does when they first get out of bed.

Old 06-20-2008, 02:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by missjane View Post
I hear you, but my point was that she looks disheveled as one does when they first get out of bed.
Really, it would be great to look like Marie did when fresh out of bed because that would save me a lot of time in the morning.

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:46 AM
Courtier

I think we will have to agree to disagree.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:52 AM
Nobility

So far she doesn't look like she puts a lot of effort in it when she has to appaer in public. Not only she dresses rather uninspired to say the least, but her overall attitude is like she doesn't give a .... about it and is just happy to have landed her prince and her castle.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:07 AM
Courtier

Marie does not look bad imo. I think the problem is the outfit is very bland colorwise. I do however think that she does dress very French. She always looks nice, never overdone, but not as stylish as Mary either. I think she prefers to be very natural. Plus, as a person you evolve over time. If she dressed in too many colors she and Joachim would clash!

Did anyone notice she is not wearing her engagement ring?

The hair does not bother me. All royals hair goes astray in the wind.

As far as comparing her with Alex, it's a matter of personal opinion. Alex to me always dress old and stuffy. To me Marie is much fresher and more approachable. I do think she will be playing it much more low key than Alex. I get that impression from interviews the couple has done.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:25 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionista100 View Post
Marie does not look bad imo. I think the problem is the outfit is very bland colorwise. I do however think that she does dress very French. She always looks nice, never overdone, but not as stylish as Mary either. I think she prefers to be very natural. Plus, as a person you evolve over time. If she dressed in too many colors she and Joachim would clash!

As far as comparing her with Alex, it's a matter of personal opinion. Alex to me always dress old and stuffy. To me Marie is much fresher and more approachable. I do think she will be playing it much more low key than Alex. I get that impression from interviews the couple has done.
Maybe she really is as naive as she appears in the interviews?? I am very curious how she 'developes' over time. So far, well, I'm not impressed.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:55 PM
Nobility

Wearing a dark blue dress at the French embassy in Copenhagen

danishroyalwatchers.blogspot
Old 06-27-2008, 01:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

I hope the Queen gives Marie plenty of time to grow into her role and find her own style and interests. Alexandra is a very tough act to follow but if Marie is given plenty of leeway in being herself then she will be just fine.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:33 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by galatea_12 View Post

Now this is a much nicer outfit then the one from the concert. I know, its a different occasion, but a vast improvement. This dress is lovely, all one colour which is always safe and she looks nicely groomed too.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:16 AM
Heir Apparent

lovely dress indeed. i love that petroleum blue colour she chose - really elegant! maybe she is getting a fashion advisor as well, like mary did, or borrowing hers?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-27-2008, 04:28 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

Quote:

I love the dress, especially the colour! Looks really nice on her!
Old 06-27-2008, 06:22 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:

Lovely dress. Color suits her well. I like the fabric of the dress (silk) and the small ruffles at the bottom of the dress, adds a fun look to the dress.

and here is Marie today 27 June 2008 in a black & white suit
Old 06-27-2008, 07:14 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Lovely dress. Color suits her well. I like the fabric of the dress (silk) and the small ruffles at the bottom of the dress, adds a fun look to the dress.

and here is Marie today 27 June 2008 in a black & white suit
She reminds me of princess Letizia here. That is something she would wear, especially in the beginning, she wore thíngs like that.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:26 AM
Aristocracy

I like the blue dress and todays outfit in Berlin.I am looking forward to seeing her in a hat,and in a gala outfit.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

With regard to that trench coat she is wearing, Charlene appeared with the same one at the Grand Prix on May 24th. It is a plain one. I loved the black and white outfit and the hair.......It was an outdoor event and as was mentioned it was a windy day. Perhaps Marie likes conservative clothes, perhaps she is afraid to make waves since P J loves to be flamboyant so she tones her colours a bit.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:37 AM
Nobility

I don't know if PJ can be called flamboyant. Imo that man has excellent taste when it comes to suits. Really a sharp dresser. It's not like he is running around in fur coats or so.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think Marie is in need of some guidance and though I am certain this is a difficult transition she does need the same "royalising' that these other girls receive. She looks nice that's it nothing else time will tell here poor thing only what weeks in a role that will become lesser with time as her hubby said.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:50 PM
Heir Apparent

The blue dress worn to the French Embassy was nice. Hate the black and white suit; totally ill fitting and that A-line skirt does nothing for her tiny frame; she's drowning in it plus it's a tad short. Should be a hint below the knee and taken in a bit so it's not so A-line bell shaped.

Finally, the short black, with shiney stars, deep neck with spaghetti straps cocktail/nightclub mini-dress she wore to a daytime wedding in Geneva recently... ghastly. What was she thinking?
Old 06-27-2008, 05:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
The blue dress worn to the French Embassy was nice. Hate the black and white suit; totally ill fitting and that A-line skirt does nothing for her tiny frame; she's drowning in it plus it's a tad short. Should be a hint below the knee and taken in a bit so it's not so A-line bell shaped.

Finally, the short black, with shiney stars, deep neck with spaghetti straps cocktail/nightclub mini-dress she wore to a daytime wedding in Geneva recently... ghastly. What was she thinking?
Once again, i agree with you totally.She looks like she is playing at dressing up. I did really like the blue dress though. That is the only redeeming outfit in my book.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionista100 View Post

I hope that she deep-sixed that ugly engagement ring - I don't think that it even goes with her wedding ring -
Joachim looks like he has no taste when it comes to jewelry or clothing -

Tags
fashion, princess marie, style