The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 03:06 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik View Post
That's not only his outfits but his appearance too. He always was slim but since last few years he looks terrible.
It's well known that Joachim is a heavy smoker - people are different, some have terrifying lifestyles and still look well but in Joachims case I think it shows. His skin is so old and dry and he looks pale and drawn, somehow unhealthy. Then this yellow shirt ... he actually looks like a person how would have yellow curtains at home because of his smoking habit. Hope Marie will bring lots of fresh air into his life, in many ways.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, Marie is also a smoker so... she may not be helping him all that much. Other than that, I believe she is good for Joachim.

Old 04-20-2008, 05:45 PM
Aristocracy

I know this sounds weird, but I think part of what cheapens Marie's look is that she's too tanned. Someone mentioned this on one of the Mary threads (about the way she looked before Frederik) and I think it certainly applies to Marie.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:52 PM
Gentry

At least Marie abstained from wearing black pantyhose! Which was nice.......
Old 04-20-2008, 05:59 PM
Heir Apparent

I wonder if and how her style would change after wedding?

If change than Marie would model on Mary and other CPsses way or Laurentien and Mabel's way?
Old 04-26-2008, 05:19 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Marie at Roskilde Cathedral

Frederiksborg Amts Avis

Old 04-26-2008, 02:29 PM
Nobility

I hope she will be as stylish as Mary -)
Old 05-22-2008, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Wedding Countdown

22-05-2008
Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier at the reception at Toender City Hall where they received their wedding present from Mayor Vagn Therkel Pedersen a new terrace with new benches.

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/May2008/PPE08052201.jpg

Old 05-22-2008, 10:54 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofcelts View Post
I hope she will be as stylish as Mary -)
I am sure she will be.

Stylish in her own way.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:32 AM
Heir Apparent

But I think she will change her way of dressing but yes in her own way. I love to see her in jeans, these last pictures of them in Shakenborg are lovely, she is wearing dark blue jeans and a simple ligth brown blouse that suits her very well. She must do something to her hair, give some volume and shape very soon!
Old 05-25-2008, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Princess Marie's wedding gown

Beautiful view

Front View
Another Front View

Pictured from above

Back view

Her wedding gown was really beautiful. I am quite curious how her galafashion will look like.

Old 05-25-2008, 02:51 PM
Majesty

Please remember that Marie's wedding gown should be discussed in Joachim and Marie's wedding thread in the Wedding Forum.

The main topic here is Marie's sense of style and fashion.

Thanks,

Royal House of Fashion Moderators
Old 05-25-2008, 02:57 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
I've never seen her wear skinny jeans, acdc1. Though I have seen her wear lowrider's ala old school Frankie B's and perhaps those awful Seven's (just my personal opinion.)

Do you have an reference, acdc1?
Sorry for the incredibly late response! These look like skinny jeans to me. And I may be wrong, but these look like them as well. Now, for the second pair, I could be wrong, as they look like they might flare out at the end. But they do look very tight, as skinny jeans do.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:30 AM
Nobility

Some pics of Marie during their honeymoon...

1 I love this look. they seemed so relaxed

danishroyalwatchers.blogspot
Old 06-17-2008, 02:41 PM
Courtier

Her hair sure is messy -
Hate to make the comparison but Mary and Alexandra are always impeccably groomed, even for a casual concert.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:55 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamk View Post
Her hair sure is messy -
Hate to make the comparison but Mary and Alexandra are always impeccably groomed, even for a casual concert.
I've seen Mary with less than groomed hair quite a few times ... she sometimes just pulls it back into a ponytail and it's quite flat. I have seen Marie's hair a little dishevelled - by the weather.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:42 AM
Nobility

I am always surprised how young and girly Marie looks. Looking at the pictures of the concert you wouldn't give her more than 25 or so. That in comparison to Joachim who imo looks like 45 or even more. Marie has to step up the plate in the fashion department I think. This was very casual, even for a concert in her backyard.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:57 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneeuwklokje View Post
I am always surprised how young and girly Marie looks. Looking at the pictures of the concert you wouldn't give her more than 25 or so. That in comparison to Joachim who imo looks like 45 or even more. Marie has to step up the plate in the fashion department I think. This was very casual, even for a concert in her backyard.
Mind you, she might be wise to step up from casual to more formal, rather than, say, start out wearing hats that don't suit her and then having to step down to more casual!
Old 06-18-2008, 05:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Oh for pete's sake... the woman was in her backyard watching an informal concert. Does it really matter that she was extremely casual? No.

Would a hat been appropriate to wear? Yes and no. But it's too late now... the music festivus is over. Not much she can do about it now.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
Would a hat been appropriate to wear? Yes and no. But it's too late now... the music festivus is over. Not much she can do about it now.
I don't think so, as she was not sitting in a seperate box but in the first row, so a hat could have spoilt the fun of the others in the rows further to the back.

And probably that's how Marie and Joachim want to live at Schackenborg: as a farmer and his wife - while at Copenhagen they are prince and princess.

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Closed Thread

Tags
fashion, princess marie, style