Princess Marie's Fashion and Style Part 1: June 2007 - September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Marie won't cut her hair before the wedding...but I'm quite sure she'll have a bun on her big day, in order to wear the veil and tiara...
Are there pictures of her wearing that hairstyle?(ie= bun)?

I am very sure she won't cut it before the wedding and I also guess she won't cut it during the early times as a Princess.
It seems to be a a kind of Princess-rule: keep yor hair long during the first time as a Princess, wait a short time, then (after a few months/years) you can cut it. ;) Máxima did that; as well as Mary, Mette-Marit and Letizia:D.

I think it is not only a Princess rule, it is a Lady rule.
Once I've read "Real Lady 10 rules" and among them long and slick hair headed the list.

I think it is not only a Princess rule, it is a Lady rule.
Once I've read "Real Lady 10 rules" and among them long and slick hair headed the list.

What is "Real Lady 10 Rules"? Is it a book? Can you provide a link? I am just curious about what is on their list. Thanks!

I think her engagement outfit was terrible. So far the clothes I have seen her in are just average. Prince Joachim has impeccable taste in his own clothing, perhaps he can assist her in some of her clothes.

Her hair doesn't bother me too much but that outfit :eek: Did she get it from an 80ies clothes collection? Same goes for Joachim in his grandpa outfit. But I guess she deserves some credit, is not even a princess yet.

Gosh this outfit!!!Red and black uhmmmm...no!!! And that jacket is too little for her, no a negative for her today!! I think she looks good on casual clothes like jeans and snow clothes ih ih but in elegant outfits she looks terrible because she doesn't know how to chose them!!!!

I like her jacket but I don't think it works with the dress, her hair, however, is just so lifeless and plain.

I used to think that Mary and Marie looked very alike but after I saw saw todays photographs I'm not so sure anymore.

Last edited:
Boring combination, black & red. Jacket shade of red is too bright, the style/cut is old & not falttering. This look doesnt scream out Marie. Its a look of which shows she is trying which I am not liking. She has her own unique, fun style which will still work in a away when she is a princess.

Her hair doesn't bother me too much but that outfit :eek: Did she get it from an 80ies clothes collection?

Sorry to be blunt, but it looks like she raided Joan Collins closet circa 1986 (I hope to heaven her wedding gown isn't poofy either.) If today's outfit is any indication of what is to come as the future Princess Marie of Denmark I will be severely disappointed. Hopefully she will employ a good stylist stat along with a good hairstylist and loads of Oscar Blandi hairspray or Frederic Fekkai's Glossing Cream to control those flyaway bangs that keep creeping into her eyes and cheeks.

Other than that she looks happy and I'm looking forward to see her soon.

Same goes for Joachim in his grandpa outfit

He's always dressed, specifically his suits only, as if he was 90 years older than he is. And did he dye his hair? It looks awfully dark in some of the shots?

Last edited:
Marie is very pretty. Her hair has certainly grown long, probably for the wedding hair-do.
Panyhose vs. bare legs --- there are very expensive brands which look amazing on the leg. Remember Princess Diana after Charles divorce going bare-legged all of the time. Her legs were tanned and she looked amazing.
I don't think that Queen Marguerite would look too kindly on her new daughter-in-law not wearing stockings while performing royal duties!

I think she looked nice. Nothing special...very appropriate.

By the way...where are Fred, Mary and the children? Where they there?

Last edited:
I don't think that Queen Marguerite would look too kindly on her new daughter-in-law not wearing stockings while performing royal duties!

I highly doubt Queen Margrethe would care if Marie wore pantyhose or not. Afterall, it really isn't all that important especially since there are more pressing issues at hand to deal with in Denmark as well as around the world.

Second, on several occassions HRH Crown Princess Mary, sans pantyhose, and the Queen didn't seem to be too outraged by it.

:)

I believe Marie Cavalier has a casual style.

I highly doubt Queen Margrethe would care if Marie wore pantyhose or not. Afterall, it really isn't all that important especially since there are more pressing issues at hand to deal with in Denmark as well as around the world.

Second, on several occassions HRH Crown Princess Mary, sans pantyhose, and the Queen didn't seem to be too outraged by it.

I'm afraid it is still too cold in Denmark to where no pantyhose, it Germany it is quite cold.

Sorry to be blunt, but it looks like she raided Joan Collins closet circa 1986 (I hope to heaven her wedding gown isn't poofy either.)

LOL You mean she could wear something like that - god forbid :eek:: http://static7.userland.com/ulvs1-c/images/bubkes/Smaller92NoviPazarBrideArri.jpg

He's always dressed, specifically his suits only, as if he was 90 years older than he is. And did he dye his hair? It looks awfully dark in some of the shots?

It looks like he did :ohmy: To be honest in many pictures they look rather like daddy trying to keep up with his daughter who is about to have a night out but is not allowed to go on her own than future husband and wife. He looks incredibly boring and oldfashioned in these pictures whilst she seems have a bubbly personality - opposites attract, let's hope this time it works out for Joachim.

I'm afraid it is still too cold in Denmark to where no pantyhose, it Germany it is quite cold.

I was referring in the past hence "In the past..."

LOL You mean she could wear something like that - god forbid :eek:: http://static7.userland.com/ulvs1-c/...rBrideArri.jpg

Or worse something like [URL="http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/uglydress_1996_12523669"]this[/URL] or [url=http://thenewts.net/media/albums/images/website/jordan_aka_katie_price_wedding_dress11.jpg]this[/URL]. Thank heavens she isn't pregnant because I would be afraid someone might convince her to wear [URL="http://www.diamondvues.com/wedding%20dress%20for%20pregnant%20bride.jpg"]this[/URL]

Last edited:
I was referring in the past hence "In the past..."

Or worse something like [URL="http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/uglydress_1996_12523669"]this[/URL] or [URL="http://thenewts.net/media/albums/images/website/jordan_aka_katie_price_wedding_dress11.jpg"]this[/URL]. Thank heavens she isn't pregnant because I would be afraid someone might convince her to wear [URL="http://www.diamondvues.com/wedding%20dress%20for%20pregnant%20bride.jpg"]this[/URL]
Good Heavens! Glittering where you find it?:eek::eek:

Btw I never thought that Katie Price aka Jordan (2 photo) would ever come on TRF.

Good Heavens! Glittering where you find it?:eek::eek:

Btw I never thought that Katie Price aka Jordan (2 photo) would ever come on TRF.

Google is a wonderful thing:D. If you can think of anything, believe me it's on the internet.

Google is a wonderful thing:D. If you can think of anything, believe me it's on the internet.
Better not. I have big imagination:D

Btw. for some time I like wedding gowns of Jose Luis Novias. She could wear one oh his gowns if she doesn't have it yet;)

It is very obvious Marie isn't into fashion. That may change when she becomes a princess.

It is very obvious Marie isn't into fashion. That may change when she becomes a princess.
I sure belive that!!!! And her hair is going to be the first thing she will change just after her marriage I'am pretty sure of that ;)

Ok, here's my take on Marie. The outfit wasn't all that bad, I think she would have looked more polished if she had done something with her hair. Joachim is definately old-fashioned looking, I can't put my finger on why he would want to look this way, he looks about 10 years older than Frederick. Both really are in need of a makeover. And let us all wish that there are no bows and puffyness of any kind on her wedding dress.

Ok, here's my take on Marie. The outfit wasn't all that bad, I think she would have looked more polished if she had done something with her hair. Joachim is definately old-fashioned looking, I can't put my finger on why he would want to look this way, he looks about 10 years older than Frederick. Both really are in need of a makeover. And let us all wish that there are no bows and puffyness of any kind on her wedding dress.
That's not only his outfits but his appearance too. He always was slim but since last few years he looks terrible.

Talking about Marie she should do soemthing with her hair.

I'm thinking Marie will end up with a dress similar to Mary's, but the skirt won't be as full, probably more narrow and no cut out/lace detailing, and the fabric will be matte, not shiny like the duchess satin Mary wore...will she get to wear the antique lace veil Mary wore?

I'm thinking Marie will end up with a dress similar to Mary's, but the skirt won't be as full, probably more narrow and no cut out/lace detailing, and the fabric will be matte, not shiny like the duchess satin Mary wore...will she get to wear the antique lace veil Mary wore?

I don't believe so. Perhaps another could explain why Marie will not be able to wear that amazing veil.

As for the wedding dress itself, I believe it will be slim cut, off white to cream in color, and very simple looking. Anything dramatic will over power her tiny frame. Marie, I believe, will be a lovely bride as long as she doesn't go overboard.

As for the tiara, I believe, again, that it will be small, simple and delicate. Similar to (and I hate to compare) Alexandra's and Mary's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom