Princess Marie's Fashion and Style Part 1: June 2007 - September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this is her pre-Princess style. Frankly, it's really not bad. She has a a very classic and basic style. She's very attractive and honestly she doesn't need much to look good, IMO. I agree that as someone who will be in public view much more after her wedding, she will have to step it up a bit. But, she needs time and I don't see her as a fashion catastrophe.

As long as Marie employs a good sensible stylist I doubt she will be classified as a major disaster.

I do believe that she should stick to clean lines and shapes once she becomes HRH Princess Marie of Denmark. Anything too wild or bold wouldn't suit her tiny frame. Furthermore, I believe she would look amazing in Armani Privé, Narciso Rodriguez, Chaiken, Celine as well as Helmut Lang.

But I hope that they wouldn't look too much alike...
No I don't think that they will look alike, I think Marie will adopt a more low profile when it comes to fashion.
I like to see Marie wearing jeans but I don't like seen her in a nigth dress, or dress more formal, she needs to have help in that area!

I believe you may be right, biboquinhas.

Once Marie becomes a princess her style and approach will be somewhat understated... which is a good thing. As I noted before, anything too bold will not suit her tiny frame. Her stylist, who ever that will be, will definitely help her with gown choices.

In the end, I'm sure she will look amazing.

:)

I think Marie will have a much more girly style than Mary. I don't think they will be alike. I also hope she does not dress in those puffy fairy princess gowns that Alex did. I never liked her style as I think it overwhelmed her tiny frame. It will be interesting to see what Marie starts wearing. I think she dresses well now. But there is a difference between what a career woman and a royal wears. Its about money and access to designers too.

I am really amazed at how juvenile she looks. All her outfits look like something my daughter wears. The jeans are nice but come on, give em a rest already. She really needs to start dressing more sophisticated. She is young and pretty and Im sure she could find clothing that would still be young and fresh and yet elegant and sophisticated. Quite frankly if I was in the Princes' shoes, I would make sure that she looks appropriate before she could go anywhere with me. Im sure there must be someone who could help the poor dear.:flowers:

So in less than five months Marie will officially become HRH Princess Marie of Denmark and as a result she will soon be wearing some amazing clothes by some great designers (I hope.)

Anyway, the S/S Paris Haute Couture shows began today starting with Christian Dior and I saw some items (like [url=http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k69/KateGT/00360m.jpg]this[/URL] and [url=http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k69/KateGT/diorhcss080702fd8.jpg]this[/URL] that may look divine on Marie. Click [url=http://www.thenewsroom.com/details/1535685]here[/URL]to watch a snippet from the show. By the way, Natasha Poly, the first girl, looks fierce watching down the catwalk in that ensemble!;)

I have the full schedule for this week's shows, and the one I am looking forward to is Valentino's. This is his last collection... ever... then he is retiring.

If you would like to see more from this collection, click [url=http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/f60/christian-dior-hc-s-s-08-paris-64314.html]here[/URL]to TRF's sister site (meaning it's the same owner as this site) TFS.

It's couture. Once it's scaled down, for the ladies who can afford haute couture, the ensembles look slightly different. Trust me...:flowers: The dramatic skirt on the second gown will not look like that off the catwalk as do all other couture pieces.

Even though it is a bit early to begin Fashion Suggestions for Princess Marie of Denmark, I thought I would post a clip from Valentino's last Haute Couture show for S/S 2008. There are so many amazing ensembles that would look simply fantastic on a soon to be princess of Denmark.

clip

GT, a lovely video, thank you for sharing. Some lovely pieces indeed which would look great on Marie. The sort black dresses were very elegent and lovely cut suits and some great dresses.

Marie attending a Christening , wearing a long dark coat, black pants and elegant shoes:
HELLO! Photo gallery – Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!

In the evening she attended wearing black pants ,a short fur-effect jacket, peep-toe stilettos and glittering earrings:
HELLO! Photo gallery – Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!

Not fond of the outfit worn to the christening. The evening outfit was okay, i like the fur cape/shrug ( not sure what they are called ) but the outfit pants & camisole looked to casual for the fur IMO.

I'm glad that she wore a coat that was buttoned and more tailored than that awful brown coat we have seen her wear. The pants she wore in the evening do not flatter her figure at all. She needs clothes that are tailored to suit her body. The white suit she wore at her engagement was horrible. It looks like something from 1995. The skirt overwhelmed her, and she should stay away from shorter jackets. I have a feeling that she will end up hiring a stylist, and we will see her looking very chic in a year or so.

And I totally agree with GT-the stockings are awful! Especially the white ones and the black ones. Again, very 1990s.

She needs clothes that are tailored to suit her body. The white suit she wore at her engagement was horrible. It looks like something from 1995. The skirt overwhelmed her, and she should stay away from shorter jackets.

I agree. I think nice fitted coats, pencil skirts will suit her perfectly. Flowy skirts such as the one worn on her engagment was to flowy for her figure, she is a petite. I would like to see shorter/fitted jackets on her as well as pencil skirts and fitted dresses with a small flare.

I have to agree with most of you that her engagement outfit was terrible. I didn't mind the morning/christening outfit, but the evening outfit was bad, bad, bad. The scrug I liked but the rest of the outfit looked to me to be ill fitting and cheap. I would have loved to see her in a cute black cocktail dress, scrug and some great black leather boots (just for a contrast).

Maybe she will accept some of the Malene Birger tendences, it is a Danish Designer and however Mary uses lot of Malene Birger I think that Marie should also look for something suitable for her in this lovely Danish designer that has lot of nice clothes suitable for all trends and tastes!
BY MALENE BIRGER look nº14 / nº16 / nº19 / nº 28 / nº30

Last edited:
Malene Birger has some lovely things in her collection, but Marie needs to stay away from anything that has volume (skirts, pants). I am built like Marie, and I have learned the hard way that women with this body type cannot wear anything voluminous, and that clothes must be tailored. She should focus on finding a very good tailor. I would like to see her in a nice, slim-cut cashmere coat this winter, and I too would like to see her in a pencil skirt.

Fashion wise: Marie has shown that she isn't a 2nd Mary (some expected this, because they look alike ;)). She has a very individual style.
I am really curious how her wedding gown will look like, how her gala-wear will be and how her style will change.

Fashion wise: Marie has shown that she isn't a 2nd Mary (some expected this, because they look alike ;)). She has a very individual style.
I am really curious how her wedding gown will look like, how her gala-wear will be and how her style will change.

Has there been any news on her wedding gown? Has she announced the designer? I am also curious to see what she chooses for the wedding.

No, nothing so far that I know of. Perhaps we won't know until the day of the wedding. :)

I tink her style will be very different from Mary's. To me she is very European in style. Very chic and hip

I think that one of the first thing she will do when she becomes a Princess is to cut her hair.

Why do you think she will cut her hair??

They all do and her hair is too long and shapless.

I dont think that would be one of the first things unless its a trim. Her hair suits her long very well, I dont think short hair or hair shoulder length would look good. I would prefer it a bit shorter than it is now. I also think bangs are nice on her

Yes a little bit shorter for sure but I also think she looks good with long hair, but also Mary looked good in short hair and she had it cut, letizia also looks very good in long hair and she had it cut, so I think Marie will cut her hair also and maybe just before her wedding.

I don't think that she should go too short. I think that anything above the shoulders would not look good on her. I do like Letizia's style, but I'm not sure how that would work on Marie.

I don't think that it worked for Mary or for Leitzia,I really don't like that style at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom