The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 04:55 AM
Nobility

Haven't they told her how to get out of a car?? Some Swedish newspaper commented that she did a "Britney"! All in all, she looks awfull. And those tacky black slingbacks don't make it any better.

Old 08-12-2008, 05:02 AM
Royal Highness

No need to be so harsh on her. She definitely did not look awful - and the same Swedish tabloid which felt inclined to call it a Britney do doubt usually stumble over their own legs with pure excitement each time their own princess 'Madde' appears in an almost non-existent bikini in their newspapers

Old 08-12-2008, 08:59 AM
Nobility

I don't care what "Madde" wears in private. This was a more or less public event and I really hope she will wear something nicer and less cheap next time.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:01 AM
Royal Highness

Well, as everyone can see she did wear something nice and not remotely cheap.
And if she did expose enough thigh to offend delicate eyes, I think she is entitled to a minor 'error'. After all, even born royals can do that.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
No need to be so harsh on her. She definitely did not look awful - and the same Swedish tabloid which felt inclined to call it a Britney do doubt usually stumble over their own legs with pure excitement each time their own princess 'Madde' appears in an almost non-existent bikini in their newspapers
You know it is exaggerated when Ekstrabladet jumps on the board to defend a royal for their behaviour - and even compliments them on their legs
Old 08-12-2008, 11:12 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Apart from that out-of-the-car blunder I think Marie looks quite nice, the tan suits her skin type and looks natural on her, the dress is ok. I hope that we will see her doing her job as Danish princess sooner rather than later and that she doesn't become the socialite type princess with a french laissez-faire lifestyle, attending preferably car races or fashion shows.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:21 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
.... attending preferably car races or fashion shows.
Strictly speaking, Marie was the royal presence at the biggest exhibition of one of Denmarks largest exports
Old 08-12-2008, 01:58 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
Well, as everyone can see she did wear something nice and not remotely cheap.
And if she did expose enough thigh to offend delicate eyes, I think she is entitled to a minor 'error'. After all, even born royals can do that.

Excuse me for asking, but how can you tell that the dress wasn't cheap? - we can assume that it wasn't, as Princess Marie is wearing it, but to me it doesn't loook particularly expensive either!
Old 08-12-2008, 02:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Reading these posts and others regarding all of the ladies, I discovered that (surprise -surprise) personal feelings cloud our judgement.

There is a magazine that has a particular dress for example and has 2-3 ladies wearing the exact same dress and whoever buys that mag, votes as to who wears it best. If I take their heads off the photo, everything is the exact same.............But according to voters, one or the other wears it best.

I do not think Marie will wear a "cheap" dress. Or anyone of them for that matter. Some posters always surprise me with some of their comments. How did anyone decide that dress was cheap? What are the criteria used?
I'd love to know.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. While one doesn't like it another will. There is no need for anyone to explain their thoughts, comments, and so forth. Furthermore, let's not digpile your fellow members for having an opinion vastly different from yours, okay? Thanks.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:50 AM
Courtier

Does anyone know the designer of Pss Marie's dress that she wore to the Fashion show and who was the man she was speaking with in some of the photographs? Is he a designer, that had displayed his collection at the show?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers and Thank you,
Emeralds and Opals
Old 08-13-2008, 07:25 AM
Nobility

I don't think the price of Marie's dress matters. What matters (to me) is that it LOOKED cheap. Something of the rack by H&M or so. (Mind you, I have nothing against H&M, sometimes they sell nice stuff).
Old 08-13-2008, 08:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneeuwklokje View Post
I don't think the price of Marie's dress matters. What matters (to me) is that it LOOKED cheap. Something of the rack by H&M or so. (Mind you, I have nothing against H&M, sometimes they sell nice stuff).
I asked a few threads ago and was sort of chastised. So let me rephrase. What makes a dress look "cheap"? To me a "cheap" dress would be ill fitting, overloaded with details uneccessary to its style, slits on the side, colour out of fashion...Again that dress had none of the above in my view. What made it look cheap in your view? Can anyone enlighten me?
Old 08-13-2008, 08:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. While one doesn't like it another will. There is no need for anyone to explain their thoughts, comments, and so forth. Furthermore, let's not digpile your fellow members for having an opinion vastly different from yours, okay? Thanks.
No doubt we all are entitled to our opinions but it is also nice if we are allowed to share them without being insulted.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:30 AM
Heir Apparent

No one is being insulted; in fact, far from it. How can one be if the person of interest is not a member of the forums? Nor is reminding others that opinions vary. How is that insulting?

Nonetheless, you are correct: Everyone is entitled to share their opinions even if it irritates you or another to no end. Explains are not needed either.

BACK ON TOPIC
Old 08-15-2008, 07:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

The photographers liked Marie´s dress at the fashion show, I´m sure. With a very open cleavage she catches the photographers. I think that this dress is a little too open for a royal at an official event.
ImagineScandinavia
Old 08-15-2008, 08:59 AM
Nobility

Well, if that isn't cheap looking, I don't know what is
Old 08-15-2008, 09:32 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Well you obviously have never seen me getting dressed up
Old 08-15-2008, 11:57 AM
Gentry

Quote:
I think the colour looks horrible on her. If you are so tanned like her, stay away from colours like beige, silver and grey. They look tacky. She nevers wears something patterned doesn't she? I would love to see her in a flowery dress, I bet it looks lovely on her.
Quote:
I hope she never wants to dress like an old lady with a ridiculous dress with big flowers

Unlike you I find her beautiful and sexy...

Old 08-15-2008, 12:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

I also quite like the dress, sexy...yes but nice!!!! Well said isabelle 53

Tags
fashion, princess marie, style