Princess Marie's Fashion and Style Part 1: June 2007 - September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the designer of Pss Marie's dress that she wore to the Fashion show and who was the man she was speaking with in some of the photographs? Is he a designer, that had displayed his collection at the show?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers and Thank you,
Emeralds and Opals

I don't think the price of Marie's dress matters. What matters (to me) is that it LOOKED cheap. Something of the rack by H&M or so. (Mind you, I have nothing against H&M, sometimes they sell nice stuff).

I don't think the price of Marie's dress matters. What matters (to me) is that it LOOKED cheap. Something of the rack by H&M or so. (Mind you, I have nothing against H&M, sometimes they sell nice stuff).

I asked a few threads ago and was sort of chastised. :whistling:So let me rephrase. What makes a dress look "cheap"? To me a "cheap" dress would be ill fitting, overloaded with details uneccessary to its style, slits on the side, colour out of fashion...Again that dress had none of the above in my view. What made it look cheap in your view? Can anyone enlighten me?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. While one doesn't like it another will. There is no need for anyone to explain their thoughts, comments, and so forth. Furthermore, let's not digpile your fellow members for having an opinion vastly different from yours, okay? Thanks.

No doubt we all are entitled to our opinions but it is also nice if we are allowed to share them without being insulted.:bang:

No one is being insulted; in fact, far from it. How can one be if the person of interest is not a member of the forums? Nor is reminding others that opinions vary. How is that insulting?

Nonetheless, you are correct: Everyone is entitled to share their opinions even if it irritates you or another to no end. Explains are not needed either.

BACK ON TOPIC

The photographers liked Marie´s dress at the fashion show, I´m sure. With a very open cleavage she catches the photographers. I think that this dress is a little too open for a royal at an official event.
ImagineScandinavia

I think the colour looks horrible on her. If you are so tanned like her, stay away from colours like beige, silver and grey. They look tacky. She nevers wears something patterned doesn't she? I would love to see her in a flowery dress, I bet it looks lovely on her.

Well, if that isn't cheap looking, I don't know what is:bang::bang:

I hope she never wants to dress like an old lady with a ridiculous dress with big flowers :eek:

Unlike you I find her beautiful and sexy...

:flowers:

I also quite like the dress, sexy...yes but nice!!!! Well said isabelle 53

About her legs and car: do you remember Princess of Asturias flying skirt? We saw much more then than now Marie's legs only.

I start wonder about all this discussion about her cheap looking clothes or (not only her) different fashion or outfits.
In almost all royal families we have ladies who likes different fashion. I mean especially Psses Laurentien and Mabel from the Netherlans. We can add too ladies who sometimes wear weird clothes like CPss Mette-Marit and Pss Martha-Louise from Norway, Duchess of Brabant, Queen Beatrix (mainly hats), Psses Caroline of Hannover or Stephanie of Monaco. So why not Marie from Denmark?

Just my personal opinion...

A heavy barrage of criticism of Princess Marie’s outfits/appearances stems from the fact that she is French. As you probably know, there is a notion "French women are innately elegant and chic". This often means that French women are expected to display an impeccable taste and not to make any fashion or other faux pas. For instance, Madame Bruni Sarkozy had it right with perfectly tailored clothes coupled with flawless performance as the First Lady from the very beginning and won in spite of very unfavourable factors (e.g., nude photos). Given the above, Princess Marie fell somewhat short of expectations.
As for Crown Princess Mathilde’s strange outfits, I have to say that she pulls them off perfectly, which gives a special edge to her classical style.

In my humble opinion, it's not because she's French it's due to the fact that so far her style/taste has been hit or miss.

Style has nothing to do with one's nationality or ethnicity... either one has it or they don't. Marie is still new at this, being in the spotlight I mean, and it will take time for her to find her niche when it comes to fashion. Who knows... she may never find it no matter how much she, or the Danish taxpayers, pays her hired stylist.

Nonetheless, her clothes are entertaining so far ala Mabel.:)

You might be right. I agree with you about the spotlight and time to find the proper niche. Well... Madame Bruni Sarkozy was not a novice, when it came to the spotlight. This experience became handy for performing official engagements.
I am not sure whether any other royal lady could match Princess Mabel’s peculiar taste in clothes.

Princess Marie is not obliged to dress up like Queen Elizabeth or Camilla Parker-Bowles :flowers:

Fashion is not a dictatorship. A woman ought to be able to dress as she pleases, and feel good.​

Some cheap clothes can be very elegant and some clothes very expensive absolutely ugly and ridiculous...​

It's only my opinion... :flowers:

Any opinions on her clothing to the George Michael concert??
Waaaaaaaay to casual imho, and then the whole thing combined with white shoes.......:whistling:
What can you say, at least it was clean and there were no wholes in it???

And Carla Bruni is Italian, not French! :lol:

You might be right. I agree with you about the spotlight and time to find the proper niche. Well... Madame Bruni Sarkozy was not a novice, when it came to the spotlight. This experience became handy for performing official engagements.
I am not sure whether any other royal lady could match Princess Mabel’s peculiar taste in clothes.

....Waaaaaaaay to casual imho, and then the whole thing combined with white shoes.......:whistling:

Way to casual? For a concert? What was she meant to wear? A ball gown and tiara? :ermm: IMO, what Marie wore to the George Michael concert was what plenty of women (myself included) would wear to a concert - jeans, a nice top, and a pair of heels

That's the problem hey, she's not just like you and me anymore. She is an HRH now and those do not show up at a concert looking like that!!

That's the problem hey, she's not just like you and me anymore. She is an HRH now and those do not show up at a concert looking like that!!

I don't know. I think that if she went to a more formal concert, she would have dressed nicer. I don't know if you have ever been to a George Michael concert, but they are always very casual. I think she was dressed appropriately for the event.:flowers:

And Carla Bruni is Italian, not French! :lol:
Well ... indeed ... Madame Bruni Sarkozy is Italian. At the same, she qualifies as a French woman. As noted in Wikipedia (n.d.),
Carla grew up in France from age five and attended boarding school in Switzerland. She returned to Paris to study art and architecture, but left school at 19 to become a model.
This indicates that Madame Bruni Sarkozy has spent most of her life in France.

As for Princess Marie's latest causal outfit. She definitely loves to wear jeans with various embellished tops and tunics. The outfit looked all right, but nothing spectacular.

Marie looked comfy and casual at the concert, as she should be, but as Al Bina said... nothing spectacular. Quite ordinary and bland. But then again this wasn't an official event or anything. Just another ordinary gal with her husband at a Geroge Micheal concert.

Yes she did. Marie has married her prince, she will always be a princess, but that said, (IMO) she still has the right to dress casually for a casual personal event. A bouquet, hat and 'princess clothes' would have made her look a bit of a joke at the concert...

I don't mean that she has to show up in a ballgown and a tiara or with a bouquet as is mentioned above. It's just that she looks so bloody plain, my teenage daughter dresses like that when she goes out and that's okay for her, but Marie doesn't even make an effort for something a bit nicer. And those white pumps/sandals should have been replaced by gold coloured flats or something similar, at least she would have been colour coordinated. I hope her Princesslessons include some lessons on appropriate cloths, otherwise I am going to give Trinny and Susannah a call!!:ROFLMAO:

I don't expect too much from Marie when it comes to fashion. Not only because she is the second wife of the second son of a monarch, but specifically because she noted in her personal documentary, prior to her marriage, that she wasn't really "into" fashion and clothes. So...:ermm:

I think she is modest regarding clothes and she looks more confortable wearing casual clothes than gala dresses although she needs to go shopping because she will have to go to lots of formal and gala events like new years celebration this year and Christimas family gathering photos!!!

I think she is still just working on finding a look or style that works for her. She seems to favor a more casual look so perhaps with the help of a good stylist or designer she can find a happy medium for her official clothes. She's only had a few official engagements thus far so it's hard to tell what kind of look she is going for. I say give her time and hopefully she start to really "wow" us.

She is a 32 year old adult (and hopefully mature) woman. So why look like a teenager all the time? When she's out with Joachim she looks like his daughter (and J. really looks young these days) instead of his wife. The only one I recall who looked like that (at least in the beginning) is Lady/Princess Diana when she was 19/20 years old. So dear Marie, get some 'adult' clothes!!!

She's a modern woman, she looks young, so what?
She has plenty of time before becomming a grandma and wearing ridiculous dresses...
she's not a decorative woman
she simply loves life...;)

She's a modern woman, she looks young, so what?
She has plenty of time before becomming a grandma and wearing ridiculous dresses...
she's not a decorative woman
she simply loves life...;)

Imo there is something between jeans and ridiculous clothes.....
She is HRH Princess Marie now... (as I said before).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom