The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 07:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

She is a young woman thrown into the official life of the royals. She'll find her style. The dress for the wedding was perfectly ok.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:41 PM
Courtier

The dress Marie wore to the wedding looks cheap I'm sorry to say.

Old 06-27-2008, 08:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
She is a young woman thrown into the official life of the royals. She'll find her style. The dress for the wedding was perfectly ok.

So was every woman about to marry a royal. So what makes Marie any different? The answer: Absolutely nothing.

The short cocktail/nighclub slip dress she wore to a daytime wedding isn't exactly my style. However, if she felt comfortable, well, that's all that matters. However, the slip thingy was a no-no fashion forward and etiquette wise. Sorry.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:15 AM
Gentry

She’s just beautifully elegant. She has the good taste to be simple and classy, she does not look like a "Christmas tree" .

perhaps she chose to wear only her engagement ring on her right hand
Old 06-28-2008, 07:39 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
So was every woman about to marry a royal. So what makes Marie any different? The answer: Absolutely nothing.

The short cocktail/nighclub slip dress she wore to a daytime wedding isn't exactly my style. However, if she felt comfortable, well, that's all that matters. However, the slip thingy was a no-no fashion forward and etiquette wise. Sorry.
I absolutely agree. She really has to step up te plate big time in more than one way. She still doesn't seem to speak any proper Danish (and it's been 3/4 of a year since she became engaged...), she has had plenty of time to sort out her wardrobe (and certainly has the money for it). It's all "Laissez faire, laissez passer" with her, come on Marie, get your act together. As second wife of the second son it can't be that difficult. She went to some posh boardingschool, so she should know all about manners and etiquette, they wouldn't have to teach her that. She should dump all the tacky clothes and get to work!!!!!!!
Old 06-28-2008, 08:09 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm sure as time passes she'll find her niche as a royal including her "royal" clothing for official duties. Marie may not have a stylist at the moment so perhaps that is why her ensembles are all over the place and ill fitting.

As for her etiquette: I don't care. As long as she doesn't chew gum, looked bored, and attends all of her confirmed engagements despite having a little cough she'll be fine.

Now, all she has to do is hire a great stylist for her hair and clothing or at least have a consult.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Am so pleased you said that about her hair too long too straight not flattering on the face. I can't believe though they have allowed her out without a stylist but it's clear they have.I do not like the spotty dress I just said so in another thread it's a bit cheap looking and I hate spots I think she has had enough time to get one thing right but she seems to have done little. I could be wrong it is how it APPEARS to me though.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneeuwklokje View Post
Maybe she really is as naive as she appears in the interviews?? I am very curious how she 'developes' over time. So far, well, I'm not impressed.

I don't think Marie is naive. I think she is going to be more low key and not a royal involved as Alex was. I think this is why Joachim picked her. Why she will not become this fashion plate with 200 patronages. I think she will more be the role of Joachim's wife and royal #2. It is my impression of things the couple has said.

Loved her blue dress. I think the other ones are fine. Including the one worn to the wedding.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Erm, well, poor Marie continues to wear something completely out of place to an event. After another no-show to the 350 Royal Guardsman Rosenborg Tattoo Parade with Joachim, Marie was well enough to attend a concert at Tivoli with the rest of the royal family. The dress is nice (love the color on her), but in a different setting. Most of the women who attended wore appropriate early summer attire with jackets and shawls already covering them up.

Marie looks very, er, va-va-vooom in a skin tight deep purple cocktail dress with sheer black pantyhose and black sky high heels. Very French. Very unDanish-like. (Ugh... sheer black pantyhose! Yes, I hate them... get over it.)

Link to see other images
Old 06-29-2008, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Lovely dress, suits Marie well & the color is stunning but not to this event, its to dressy IMO and she looks like she is trying very hard.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:46 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Wow, Marie's purple dress is amazing!
She looked stunning. That dress is just pefect for her figure and really elegant!

Old 06-29-2008, 06:07 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Wow, amazing dress!
Marie looks very confident, and both look happy.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:33 PM
Courtier

Love the purple dress very nice indeed but detest the black stockings. It makes the look very 80's. All she needs is big hair to go with it!
Old 06-29-2008, 08:27 PM
Commoner

Smile

I love the colour on Marie also, she looks great in strong colours. Denmark may be cooler than France - hence the stockings? Just a thought,also - 80's fashion is kind of around at the moment.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:50 PM
Heir Apparent

The 80's redux was a couple of seasons ago... I guess Marie didn't get the memo. The purple dress is lovely on her (minus the gross sheer black pantyhose), but it's completely wrong for this specific occassion. Sorry. And I agree with MissJane, she desperately needs to do something with her hair. If she did, it would have changed the who "look" for the better.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Joining other members, I have to say that Princess Marie looked fine in the purple dress. However, the black tights spoilt the whole outfit for me.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:23 PM
Courtier

Princess Marie's dress seems to be the purple version of the gray dress that Princess Mary wore for Prince Frederik's 40th birthday balcony scene. Both dresses have the same neckline, belt around the waist in a similar color in the same width and buckle, same number of tiers on the skirt (6). I'm sure both the purple and gray dresses are made by the same designer. Love both versions of the dresses.

-Ayvee
Old 06-29-2008, 10:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post

Finally, the short black, with shiney stars, deep neck with spaghetti straps cocktail/nightclub mini-dress she wore to a daytime wedding in Geneva recently... ghastly. What was she thinking?
Boy do I agree with your opinion on that black/silver dot mini dress. I can't believe she wore to a daytime wedding -- maybe they had another "do" after the wedding at a dark disco!
Old 06-29-2008, 10:43 PM
Heir Apparent

The cut of both dresses has been rehashed over and over again since the mid-50's. So it's not surprising that every designer and their mother has a dress in their collections at one point and time in a designers career. Though I will say a heavier fabric, ala Queen Rania's and Crown Princess Mary's dress, looks better than the light fabric (which, judging from the one image seems to be silk chiffon) used on Marie's.

More shots of the silk dress with four tiered ruffles below the waist (scroll down); the top part of the dress, hence her bust, is way too tight resembling Zara's white blouse from Ascot this year. The bottom also seems a tad snug.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:40 AM
Courtier

I thought Marie looked great in her dress for the tatoo. I didn't mind the black stockings either.

Tags
fashion, princess marie, style