Princess Madeleine's Fashion & Style, Part 7: June 2016 - October 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a great look there is just too much going on...

I only dislike the shoes. They don't go with the look. I find the top beautiful.

I like the blouse and skirt and I think they could have worked together with a different pair of shoes.

any vilshenko is a plus for me and this is the case this time around too. the blouse is lovely.

the top part is great, the skirt is okay but the shoes kind of killed the look. maybe less sporty shoes would have looked nicer and completed the outfit.

As an individual clothing item, I'm not a fan of the top but on Madeleine, it looks fantastic. It works wonderfully with the skirt and boots.

Frumpy!!! Most unflattering length of skirt, the blouse looks like some tableclothes sewn together, ugly shoes & messy hair, the fur jacket only adds to this horrible look! Dressed in the dark/fashion victim :eek:

I agree, and I don't understand what Madeleine was thinking when she dressed like a fashion victim to an opening of a children's library, where she was talking about reading with the children. The outfit costs a lot of money, but the parts don't suit with each other at all. The blouse is really odd, the skirt looks too tight, and the shoes are so ugly. A simple outfit with pants would have been a great choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
The skirt is frumpy. And I hate the boots. And the fur coat is horrid :eek:

I like the top, except for one thing. The shoulder thing. It makes her look like she us either wearing a costume or school girl outfit, either way want to rip it off. Without the shoulder thing, with a better skirt or pants, top would be nice.

Odd mix, especially with the fur jacket. The blouse is quite nice. Trousers and heels would have been better.

Oh a big miss for the usually beautifully put together Madeleine. I don't mind the blouse but totally dislike the boots and furry jacket. :( Still she's soo pretty...

I can't believe that Madeleine, always on point and trendy wore such an epic fail. That outfit made her even look less beautiful that she really is!

I think she looks beautiful doesn't matter what she wears she always looks stunning

I only occasionally pop by the fashion threads but I randomly stumbled into this one, saw Madeleine's latest outfit, and am quickly popping back out! ;)

I will say when you're as naturally beautiful a young woman as Madeleine is, what you wear really doesn't matter.

Ok, I am in minority here but I am loving this outfit, sans those half-boots -- if she wanted to wear them, then she should have put on black tights!!
Madeleine being a princess looked like a real princess. I did not like her style when she was in her 20s but these days most of her outfits look very lovely and stylish -- she has aquired confidence, presence and grace to pulll of different kind of looks, including this one. That blouse with those delicate flowers on the top and cape overlay looks fabulous. Her longer skirt was good choice because she could sit down with the children and not bare her legs.
She can easily recycle this blouse with e.g trouses next time (if she should read forums, then after getting so much negative feedback, she probably won't dare to wear it again ;) ). Obviously its safer to go for more simple, boring and cheaper styles :ermm:

Boring and cheaper :ermm: what about this outfit us expensive or daring :ohmy:

The detailing on the top is lovely but nothing risky, kind of looks like something from a vintage store or grandmas closet repurposed.

If this is an expensive, not cheap as you call hers, money not well spent.

Found Madde's blouse in here:
Vilshenko Alice Cape Top - Nathalie Schuterman | multi-brand store with high end fashion since 15 years back
(at another store its price was 400 euro).

Its a silk blouse, with very lovely and delicate embroidery, so its no cheap blouse (but I think it would soon become boring for me if royal ladies only wore h&m, zara, mango, lindex and why say its better to dress simply [per LadyFinn suggestion] when royal go out to meet children?).
I love it when designer draws inspiration from her native folklore and the flower pattern looks wonderfully soft and romantic. Its got vintage vibe but also has modern touch. I would have complimented this outfit with crown braid hairstyle (Madde has long and thick hair to carry off this kind of hairstyle).

I don't care for her dress at all. She looks lovely otherwise (hair etc).

LaRae

What are those things at her neck? I think the dress is probably nicer visually ... I hope it is anyway ...love her hair

Her overall was nice but the dress seems a bit maternity to me with the black line detailing on the sides. Im also not liking the flowers on the neckline.

I liked everything in the outfit. Very chic and modern.

She looks very beautiful. Lovely outfit but I liked her hair the most (although I hope she will have them in pretty updo for the banquet).

I like the dress, maternity shape and all :p
I just don't understand the tw big black flowers on the top part.

At first I did not like the dress but I love it. Its a great print.

The fake tan and the naked cut did detonate with the historical and regal surroundings. Her sister-in-law Sofia showed how not to look like a Barbie. No. Nothing for me. So stylish as Madeleine is, this time: mmm no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom