Princess Madeleine's Fashion & Style, Part 7: June 2016 - October 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
madeleine was for me the best dressed today. i am a sucker for anything by fadi el khoury and this is no exception.

expressen reported that apparently the designers spent hours working on the dress tonight as madeleine wasn't completely happy with it. whatever happened, this was a winner for me. and i guess so it was for madeleine as i am sure she would have worn any of her other many gala dresses if this one wasn't finished to her taste.

Don't want to sound crude but her top half looks massive. Her sister in law, who was an actual topless model, doesn't look nearly so big. Did Madeliene always look like this because it's the first I've noticed it?

Don't want to sound crude but her top half looks massive. Her sister in law, who was an actual topless model, doesn't look nearly so big. Did Madeliene always look like this because it's the first I've noticed it?

Often (for some women) after they have children they can have a larger bust after. How old is her baby? If she's still nursing that can also cause an increased bust size.

Sophia is more petite also so perhaps when she's next to or in the same frame as Maddie it's more noticeable.

LaRae

she didn't look like that at last year's Nobel. While she may have gotten bigger after having kids, the dress is the problem here. It's made in such a terrible way, it makes her top half looks ridiculous.

The entire dress is a mess. A shame as her hair and jewels are gorgeous.

she didn't look like that at last year's Nobel. While she may have gotten bigger after having kids, the dress is the problem here. It's made in such a terrible way, it makes her top half looks ridiculous.

The entire dress is a mess. A shame as her hair and jewels are gorgeous.

why do you think the dress is badly made? it looks great to me, but i am no expert on tailoring.

as i said before, expressen reported that apparently the designers spent hours working on the dress tonight as madeleine wasn't completely happy with it. maybe whatever you noticed has to do with this?

Whatever the problem I'm sure it was fixed. Madeleine looked like a true princess in that gown; like she just stepped out of a fairy tale. Just my humble opinion.

why do you think the dress is badly made? it looks great to me, but i am no expert on tailoring.

as i said before, expressen reported that apparently the designers spent hours working on the dress tonight as madeleine wasn't completely happy with it. maybe whatever you noticed has to do with this?

what they did with her chest area is awful. I think the fabric looks cheap and the way they decided to pin it/sew it/however you want to say it, makes her look like she got a lot bigger, which we know isn't true.

I think Fadi is hit or miss in terms of whether I like the designs or not, but I haven't noticed anything wrong with the tailoring until this dress. The chest doesn't sit right, I guess. Maybe it's the fabric. Maybe it's the tailoring, I don't know. But I don't like it.

This is not my favorite of hers, though the color,is,perfect. The skirt is too much and gives me the creeps. I actually like the sleeves,the best part of all.

what they did with her chest area is awful. I think the fabric looks cheap and the way they decided to pin it/sew it/however you want to say it, makes her look like she got a lot bigger, which we know isn't true.

I think Fadi is hit or miss in terms of whether I like the designs or not, but I haven't noticed anything wrong with the tailoring until this dress. The chest doesn't sit right, I guess. Maybe it's the fabric. Maybe it's the tailoring, I don't know. But I don't like it.

Madeleine's dresses from last three Nobels, all from Fadi el Khoury. This year's dress is just badly made and low class compared to two others, and it makes Madeleine look weird.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Her gown last year, paired with the kokoshnik, was perfect. I can see why she uses the designer, the gowns are amazing on her. This years was just a bit if a miss. My favorite gown though by the designer is the one Victoria wore to Madeleine's wedding,

Princess Madeleine -as always- was the belle of the ball, but I feel she has reached a stage in her life and maturity, that she should leave this sort of pinky Disney dresses behind her.

Goodness she's not that old !!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Princess Madeleine's Fashion & Style, Part 7: June 2016 -

Well I actually like the dress. It is certainly not perfect but on Madeleine it works IMO. She looks like a princess in a fairytale and I love the hair and the tiara on her. Very beautiful!

Last edited:
I'm undecided about the dress. I like the design, but somehow it looks a little off on Madeline, perhaps because the colour is not the best on her. She looks beautiful, though, and from the neck up she was surely the most stunning lady.

She looks a bit busty but I quite like the dress. As usual, make up and jewellery on point.

i agree:) while I loved parts of last night, tonight is far better top to bottom. I love the detail and style. Her hair is lovely. I had hoped to see the kokoshnik again but not surprised she us wearing her wedding.

Perfection! She is truly a fairy tale princess come to life...

Madde is always pretty, for me a much better appearance than yesterday.

Disappointing that Madeleine always nowadays wears pastel colors or grey. The dress is boring and she is having way too much bling bling with the Connaught as a necklace. And it is a pity that when she wears that, it drowns to the dress and doesn't suit with the dress's neckline at all.
https://beta.tt.se/media/image/sdltb91cd3a_WatermarkPreview.jpg

Madeleine is so pretty again but I'm getting a bit tired with the loose see-through tops and sleeves. It feel like she's wearing same dresses in different colours and with slightly different details. Her tiara is one of the pretties they have! I didn't even notice she was wearing the Connaught tiara as a necklace, the dress certainly doesn't do it any justice. But like said, she still looks very beautiful.

The dress from the second night is a repeat. I think the tiara does get lost but only because it fits in so well with the design/embellishments on the dress.

I find the dress very beautiful. I love the color and details.

Her gown last year, paired with the kokoshnik, was perfect. I can see why she uses the designer, the gowns are amazing on her. This years was just a bit if a miss. My favorite gown though by the designer is the one Victoria wore to Madeleine's wedding,

i also think that his gowns are so suited to madeleine - and to princesses, in general. victoria's gown at madde's wedding was spectacular and also one of my favourite dresses by el khoury. i still really liked madde's dress yesterday. to me it was a beautiful gown.

tonight's though... meh. it's okay but far, far from other gowns she has.

Not really a fan of this dress. Love the tiara.

The pink is dramatic and I understand needing a contrast in textures. An all fuzzy dress would be too much but the strapless top with blouse overlay seems an unimaginative solution. Superb hair and Princess Madeleine wore the Connaught again.

Her appearance at the King’s Dinner was more cohesive despite the Connaught blending into the dress’ neckline. I wish the Modern Fringe had a better frame so it could sit on the wearer's head instead of floating above.

I am really smitten with this dress. The see through elements are gorgeous, and ruffles all the way down without being too obvious. I don't think the Connaught as a necklace was bad or good, I would have left it off. The earrings and tiara are enough and simply gorgeous. Her make up was quite special tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom