Princess Madeleine's Fashion & Style, Part 7: June 2016 - October 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
royal ladies appearance..

the two dresses are lovely for a breezy lovely summer event.

and to be fair (even If I'm a fan of / and I follow more CP Mary of Denmark and the Monaco RF )Princess Madeleine one of the few royal ladies that master the game of displaying a complete appearance and attitude in such royal events at least in front of the press :)

anyway..I personally favor the blue dress , can anyone please ID the designers of the two outfits?

Last edited:
Madeleine really can carry her clothes, even a silly hat! Love her flowy dress. The concert dress is maybe a bit too much for the event, but she looks lovely anyway.

The concert dress is stunning. Love the print.

The dress Madeleine wore to the concert was very pretty. It reminds me of vintage wallpaper, but in a good way!

Good description, HereditaryPrincess! Her dress was lovely as was she. :)

Lovely look but wrong time :sad:

Sorry but her and Sofia stand out like sore thumbs no matter how nice. They look like they missed the memo. Every other member, even Chris, is in blue.

She looks fantastic and the similar colours she and Sophia are wearing add great contrast to what would otherwise be monochromatic and boring. The photographer either took some care in placing them all to get a visually interesting looking picture, or he/she had great luck. The contrast provided by Madeleine and Sophia adds depth to the picture and there's also the way the eye is drawn across the photo from Chris's black sweater to Victoria's baby's black shoes.

Actually I found the photographers composition poor. Chris and Oscar barely noticeable in sea of blue. You have Madeleine and Sofia lumped together in one corner. It does very little to balance. If they were spread out further, and perhaps a better color like yellow, the effect would be more effective. Instead makes photo lop sided by drawing attention to one side.

I must say that I'm so glad Madeleine and Sofia wore something else than pale blue! This way there was some other color than only pale blue and this picture did not remind me of some ugly school picture where everyone dressed in uniform.
As M & S wore pastel colors, then they helped to create harmonic picture and I do not think they stood out like sore thumb. Had they worn bright red/orange/green or clothes with busy pattern, then this would have been off but they didn't and the monochromatic light blue was not so annoying in my humble opinion as it could have been otherwise :flowers:

Last edited:
I like Madeleine's outfit, particularly the skirt; but I do wonder why she and Sofia were not wearing blue like the others.

I like Madeleine's outfit, particularly the skirt; but I do wonder why she and Sofia were not wearing blue like the others.

I think they were asked to wear blue or beige. Obviously men wore blue shirts (who wears beige shirts?!). Mothers chose blue for their children, it's understandable. All royal ladies (except Victoria) chose something to add contrast to this sea of blue. But Victoria made bad choise. As a result this picture looks a little bit unbalanced.

British royals did the same with greater success http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/10/24/article-2475673-18F5950F00000578-199_964x588.jpg

Last edited:
I think they were asked to wear blue or beige. Obviously men wore blue shirts (who wears beige shirts?!). Mothers chose blue for their children, it's understandable. All royal ladies (except Victoria) chose something to add contrast to this sea of blue. But Victoria made bad choise. As a result this picture looks a little bit unbalanced.

British royals did the same with greater success http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/10/24/article-2475673-18F5950F00000578-199_964x588.jpg
Daniel wore a beige jacket earlier in the day when Victoria greeted the crowds which fits into the beige/blue theme youre suggesting.

Daniel wore a beige jacket earlier in the day when Victoria greeted the crowds which fits into the beige/blue theme youre suggesting.

The group photo was taken in the morning before Victoria, Daniel, the children and the king and queen went to meet people at the other side of the Palace. You can see it when you save the photo. You can also see that king Carl Gustaf had a different shirt at the group photo than later on the day.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Ah, that would make a lot of sense then. I agree that Victoria's choice of colour makes the picture look unbalanced.

Last edited:
Official photo:

http://www.kungahuset.se/images/200...juli2017_FotoJonasEkströmer_kungahuset.se.jpg

From what I can see, I like the look. It's a great color.
I think this is a beautiful picture and shows a wonderfully happy family. I don't know why the theme was baby blue and why Madeleine and Sofia didn't wear it and I don't feel like searching this thread for the answer. There is no need to compare the SRF to the BRF and the later shouldn't even be mentioned IMO. I feel that Silvia and CG look like grandparents rather than monarchs.

who knows... to me there was an effort, at least by some, to wear blue and white (otherwise it would be too much of a coincidence). why madde and sofia chose to do otherwise is a mystery. they would have fitted right in with some plain white dresses and the family photo would have looked rather adorable, what a shame!

IMO - the days when everyone wears the same color in a group photo are a bit over. Lots of family photos now have a main color and an accent.

While I agree that I would have spaced the two tans differently, I think had it been all blue, that it would have looked like Mrs. Cromarty's third grade wearing uniforms portrait.

Just my taste. :flowers:

I think this is a beautiful picture and shows a wonderfully happy family. I don't know why the theme was baby blue and why Madeleine and Sofia didn't wear it and I don't feel like searching this thread for the answer. There is no need to compare the SRF to the BRF and the later shouldn't even be mentioned IMO. I feel that Silvia and CG look like grandparents rather than monarchs.

It's a fashion thread, which is why the mention of no baby blue for Madeleine and Sofia was raised. I think the BRF was just used as an example as to how this could have been done (for those who find the colours mismatched) rather than a comparison.

:previous: Interesting ensemble. I like the way Madeleine put her hair up to showcase the neckline.

Hate the shoes! I had a pair just like them last time those heels were in fashion and I have to say they only look good if a woman has trim ankles otherwise the heels make them look like cankles! :eek:

Well..it's not horrible...but it's not great either. She looks rather harsh in the face for some reason...maybe too tan or something.

LaRae

Well..it's not horrible...but it's not great either. She looks rather harsh in the face for some reason...maybe too tan or something.

LaRae

You provided the best description there Pranter...neither great or bad.

The outfit looks very Sewing bee to me. Ending up third place and sewn by a retired male firefighter that for some idea thought that Velcro would be a great way to close the top in the back.
The skirt would have Esme howling like one of the dragons in Game of thrones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom