Princess Madeleine's Fashion & Style, Part 6: February 2015 - June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is not much to say about this outifit other than Madde seems about to explode:D kidding...

I agree, there's not much to say fashion wise with the national dresses, but I find it interesting that Silvia and Victoria are wearing the traditional shoes whereas Madeleine and Sofia aren't. Perhaps in Madeleine's case it was because she wasn't comfortable in them.

With the men it seems that Carl Gustaf and Carl Philip are wearing the same colour tie.

I think they all look charming in the national dress, especially Madeleine. She's a beauty, for sure!

The SRF Ladies wearing the Swedish Traditional outfit:
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap...706700ed41.jpg
I agree, there's not much to say fashion wise with the national dresses, but I find it interesting that Silvia and Victoria are wearing the traditional shoes whereas Madeleine and Sofia aren't. Perhaps in Madeleine's case it was because she wasn't comfortable in them.

With the men it seems that Carl Gustaf and Carl Philip are wearing the same colour tie.
I don't think that Madeleine has ever worn traditional shoes and Sofia is following her, although she at least wore the heavier white stockings.

I think Madeleine leaving off the buckle and wearing nude hose and high heels had to odd effect of making her dress look oddly unfinished. With a buckle defining her dress and white hose and traditional shoes, she would have looked a whole lot more 'balanced'.

I think mad looks fine the belt would probably have been uncomfortable for her.

Posts that had nothing to do with Princess Madeleine's fashion choices have been removed as off-topic. Thanks for your understanding!

They could have done a much better job designing a maternity version. They jus took away the wide belt which is the real saving grace of the dress and added a string tied under the bust and let the whole thing out. Very un flattering making her look much bigger than she is, which is a normally pregnant woman, not a model thin version as we have seen so many of lately.
They could have done a nice retro look a la grace kelly or Lucille ball in the fifties with a tentish top and slim ling skirt

They could have done a much better job designing a maternity version. They jus took away the wide belt which is the real saving grace of the dress and added a string tied under the bust and let the whole thing out. Very un flattering making her look much bigger than she is, which is a normally pregnant woman, not a model thin version as we have seen so many of lately.
They could have done a nice retro look a la grace kelly or Lucille ball in the fifties with a tentish top and slim ling skirt
I don't think there is such a thing as a maternity version of that though. Since it's rather recently women show themselves while pregnant. I think she looked cute, like olden days style :)

Why bother making a maternity version when they are only worn once?? What are the odds that Madde will be pregnant again on National Day? She looked wonderful in her own way!

If she had stuck with the "traditional look" with white stockings, low black shoes and perhaps a "faux" belt above her baby bump she would not have looked so "unbalanced", resulting in comments that she looks like she's ready to explode, due right now, etc.

As for there being not "maternity version" of traditional dress, I would eat my hat if that's the same dress she has worn on previous National Days. She is, quite naturally, bigger in the breast, front and butt, no way she's fitting into her beautifully slim non-pregnant version.

Last edited:
If she had stuck with the "traditional look" with white stockings, low black shoes and perhaps a "faux" belt above her baby bump she would not have looked so "unbalanced", resulting in comments that she looks like she's ready to explode, due right now, etc.

As for there being not "maternity version" of traditional dress, I would eat my hat if that's the same dress she has worn on previous National Days. She is, quite naturally, bigger in the breast, front and butt, no way she's fitting into her beautifully slim non-pregnant version.
Yes, I don't think it's the same. I meant there is no decided way to design a maternity version of it.

Yep Maddie looks absoutely wonderful. I think that pic makes the dress look lighter than it is. On FB a pic of the dress shows it to be darker.

LaRae

The gown is wonderful. Such a beautiful and exquisite gown. She looks great.

Gorgeous. In some shots though it looks a little long - I worry about trip hazards for the mom to be. Oddly, from shot to shot it skims the ground and drags. Chris looks hot too! I know I'm supposed to hate him...:whistling:

Woah Madeleine is pure perfection tonight! The best dressed one so far I'll daresay... Bam Madde, you've knocked it out:flowers::flowers::flowers:

She looks amazing! And the dress actually manages to sit comfortably loose without looking sloppy :)

Great dress and style for Mad!!!

Beautiful dress and hair. I just would have made the band under the bust much narrower

Madeleine looks amazing at the pre-wedding dinner. I loved the style of her dress, as well as her hair and make-up. The only thing I would change is the color of the dress. I would have preferred a brighter color, but I can overlook that since she looked so beautiful.

http://40.media.tumblr.com/7c1ab6376d5f93c5e59ad0decf6e5651/tumblr_npud6srZbV1rfso8ko1_1280.jpg

First- Dislike.
Second- Love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom