Princess Madeleine's Fashion & Style, Part 5: May 2013 - February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was very disappointed. IMO, the whole look just did not work. She looked overdressed, her make was far too loud, the pearls did not work with the ensemble, and I thought the dress was just bizarre.

But people pull out all the stops for fashion shows. And I thought her makeup was not so loud, considering she was wearing black.

Plus, I think these pics may be skewing the outfit, too-the surroundings are really dark, and that's going to affect the way the look "jumps out at you."

I don't think the dress is so bad, but her make-up is truly horrible. It's way too heavy, especially the lipstick, and makes her look older.

I don't think the dress is so bad, but her make-up is truly horrible. It's way too heavy, especially the lipstick, and makes her look older.

I do not understand why a woman of her age needs such heavy makeup. I do not like it.

I love the white outfit, even the ankle boots. She looks very chic ;)

I agree about the makeup. A little much when she's wearing black near her face.

Don't love the Valentino but it IS a Valentino and she was sitting with him. Agree that she should stay away from black and that the make up seemed heavy.
Her Paris outfit was very chic

I am not sure she can carry off the jeans but I like the blazer the boots seem an odd addition to me and the chunky bracelet thing is it a watch.
The whole outfit is a little odd IMO.

I like this look and the boots can be worn all year long. I personally wouldn't wear boots in the summer.

she has a New cartier Watch maybe a wedding gift

Sorry to see Madeleine no longer wears National Dress but I think she looked lovely. The white coat gave the outfit a more dressy look . . . But, oh dear, those new hybrid shootie/sandal/lace-ups were, and always will be, just plain nasty!

I have not seen Madeleine ever wearing national costume (Ölandsdräkten) at Victoria's birthday. It is sad. And yesterday she had those ugly shoes which destroyed the whole outfit.

I don´t like those shoes, just awfull but rest of her outfit is lovely. She looked nice

I love the shoes they just don't go with the outfit.. The outfit itself is okay. Can anyone ID the jacket?

Last edited:
Yep, have to agree. The shoes are fabulous, just not with that outfit. The outfit itself is okay, nothing special, just ok. She looked nice. It does look like her hair is lighter, maybe from her honeymoon.

Yep, have to agree. The shoes are fabulous, just not with that outfit. The outfit itself is okay, nothing special, just ok. She looked nice. It does look like her hair is lighter, maybe from her honeymoon.

Yes, I thought her hair was lighter, too. I wondered if she might be pregnant when I saw her wearing that overblouse and coat while holding the bouquet at her waist. Are her pants too short for those shoes?

Yes, I thought her hair was lighter, too. I wondered if she might be pregnant when I saw her wearing that overblouse and coat while holding the bouquet at her waist. Are her pants too short for those shoes?
I can't make up my mind whether the pants are too short, not short enough or just plain wrong with those shoes. I'm leaning toward just plain wrong though.

Love the outfit the heels must have been a pain on the grass but I love what she is wearing

Madeleine's quite ugly shoes are from Zara
LACE - UP SANDALS - Heeled sandals - Shoes - Woman | ZARA United States

Madeleine at the interview she and Chris gave to Svenska Dagbladet
http://kuvakauppa.lehtikuva.fi/edoris?tem=dorismark&doc_id=7aa7d12363264d13dc1c0203b928cf0c
http://kuvakauppa.lehtikuva.fi/edoris?tem=dorismark&doc_id=7aa7d12363264d13dc1a0203b928cf0c
http://kuvakauppa.lehtikuva.fi/edoris?tem=dorismark&doc_id=7aa7d12363264d13dc130203b928cf0c
The outfit itself is just fine, but it makes Madeleine look matronly and gives her extra weight. And her make up looks odd, but it may be because of the photos.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am astonished looking at the close ups how bad Madeleine's skin is and the amount of make up she uses. I don't like the shoes either and agree they are ugly but what I don't understand the most is that Madeleine choses such an outfit, an outfit that doesnt only fit in with the rest but looks exaggerated 'look at me'.

Madeleine at the interview she and Chris gave to Svenska Dagbladet
http://kuvakauppa.lehtikuva.fi/edoris?tem=dorismark&doc_id=7aa7d12363264d13dc1c0203b928cf0c
http://kuvakauppa.lehtikuva.fi/edoris?tem=dorismark&doc_id=7aa7d12363264d13dc1a0203b928cf0c
http://kuvakauppa.lehtikuva.fi/edoris?tem=dorismark&doc_id=7aa7d12363264d13dc130203b928cf0c
The outfit itself is just fine, but it makes Madeleine look matronly and gives her extra weight. And her make up looks odd, but it may be because of the photos.
Yet again, I blame the shoes. Great shoes, but not with this dress. The wraps on the shoes cut off her leg line and make her look bigger. These shoes would have been good with a long bohemian or hippy dress/skirt with a slit.;)

I am astonished looking at the close ups how bad Madeleine's skin is and the amount of make up she uses. I don't like the shoes either and agree they are ugly but what I don't understand the most is that Madeleine choses such an outfit, an outfit that doesnt only fit in with the rest but looks exaggerated 'look at me'.

It's due to sun damage and cigarettes. It will only get worse. I have never seen a chronic smoker with great skin...never. :sad:

It's due to sun damage and cigarettes. It will only get worse. I have never seen a chronic smoker with great skin...never. :sad:
I agree. Her skin looks exactly like it's supposed to look after years and years of too much smoking and tanning...

I agree. Her skin looks exactly like it's supposed to look after years and years of too much smoking and tanning...
Agree. Hope she quits soon.
Also love the espadrilles, though I wouldn't be able to walk in them

The white cream outfit is very elegant and looks nice on Madde!

September 5, 2013 - Princess Madeleine wearing a blazer with white cuffs, a black top and skinny pants/jeans. She matched the look with a Valentino clutch bag and heels.

Quite a pretty look and very much her style.

Close up ** Full view 1 ** Full view 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom