Princess Madeleine's Fashion & Style, Part 4: December 2011 - May 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Madeleine has a Valentino in same red colour, more beautiful than this dress. This dress is nice, but it and especially the colour was too striking for the event, she wasn't the main guest of honor there. ...
Something is not right at the top part
http://bloggar.aftonbladet.se/hovbloggen/files/2013/05/Skarmavbild-2013-05-13-kl.-09.54.54.png

I don't think there are usually protocols for colors.

Also, in the pic, I think she's slouching, which accounts for the skewed neckline.

Madeleine has a Valentino in same red colour, more beautiful than this dress. This dress is nice, but it and especially the colour was too striking for the event, she wasn't the main guest of honor there.
Her hairdo doesn't look good either in front, or back
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Something is not right at the top part
http://bloggar.aftonbladet.se/hovbloggen/files/2013/05/Skarmavbild-2013-05-13-kl.-09.54.54.png

This dress is from Marchesa
Prinsessan madeleine i Notte by Marchesa | kungligamodebloggen
The Valentino dress
Prinsessan Madeleine i Valentino | kungligamodebloggen

Thanks for pointing out, I agree with everything you said!

Princess Madeline she looks great in red outfit , she's always looks glowing at officials occasions , good choice for her , her hair looks nice .

She looks fabulous in the red gown really suits her the cut and the lace not overdone at all .. perfect IMO

I agree that Madeleine was great.The dress is gorgeous.I love the color.
I fail to understand why the color was too striking according to some.Other royals have worn red even for weddings but weren't accused of trying to steal the show.

Madeleine looked stunning in the red gown, I especially like the lace details on top, very pretty and flattering!
The shade of red looks nice on her and in combination with her dark hair it is very pretty!Of course red is a always a risky colour ,but they say you can never win if you don´t try and take risks...I found her outfit elegant and attractive :)
I do not understand why women should not get some attention and "steal the show" from time to time if they feel comfortable with it and the occasion is not a sad/serious one? If you feel good in your body,enjoy showing up in a feminine outfit and be confident about you looks and personality- why not? She is young and pretty, no need to hide or wear boring clothes just to avoid any exposure!

Last edited:
I don't like her hair or the earrings but the color is stunning on her and I like the pink contrast on her wrap. She has lost some weight and looks really good; I hope she doesn't lose too much, though!

Yes, I am also not a big fan of wearing the hair on one side, I prefer symmetry.
But I believe this hair-trend will go as soon as it came and the rest of Madeleine´s outfit was so pretty that I do not mind her hair:)

I do not understand why women should not get some attention and "steal the show" from time to time if they feel comfortable with it and the occasion is not a sad/serious one? If you feel good in your body,enjoy showing up in a feminine outfit and be confident about you looks and personality- why not? She is young and pretty, no need to hide or wear boring clothes just to avoid any exposure!

Since king Carl Gustaf, queen Silvia and vice president Biden were there and higher in rank than Madeleine, I think she could have dressed more disreetly and not like "everyone, look at me". She is still a beautiful woman and everyone would have noticed her even though she would have dressed more discreetly. And especially because she decided to attend at this rather official event in the last minute. If she would have been the main honorary guest I wouldn't have minded her dressing like this.

Last edited:

Time to close this thread! Thanks for all your contributions!
The new thread can be found here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom