Princess Madeleine's Fashion & Style, Part 3: November 2010 - December 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Madeleine of Sweden attended the American Scandinavian Foundation's Centennial Ball at The Hilton Hotel on October 21, 2011 in New York City.
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/06Ca3N22Kbc65/x610.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0cvubfh4bkayf/610x.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/02LE3cVh1G6TD/610x.jpg
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/3590/madeleine1.jpg
Not her best choices, the dress looks like a nightgown.

A:ohmy:nd it doesn't fit! Look at the third image, the waist is not at her waist and the top is not in the proper place either, or else the whole thing is "slunk down" like many ill fitting strapless dresses.
She is one of very few who CAN wear strapless
This dress also makes her look MUCH heavier than she is.

yes indeed much heavier is exactly the word for this dress...

I like the colour and the bottom part, but the top looks awful. A cleaner top, with less frills and details, would have been much better.

The dress is awful.The color and the jacket is the worst.

I thought she looked good in the dress. She looks much better as a brunette than a blonde too.

Madeleine of Sweden attended the American Scandinavian Foundation's Centennial Ball at The Hilton Hotel on October 21, 2011 in New York City.
[...]http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0cvubfh4bkayf/610x.jpg [...]Not her best choices, the dress looks like a nightgown.
I actually fancy the design of this dress -its top part looks similar to a huge leaf and that ruffle neckline would render it even a bit exotic plant-like if only its colour wasn't so dull (for which reason several posters understandably labeled Princess Madeleine's robe as a nightgown):whistling:. I also second the comment on its unflattering cut viz. ill fit. Furthermore, Madeleine's beautifully ornamented sparkling chandelier earrings would have stood out a great deal better interplaying with a "proper" leaf shade.
Princess Madeleine at the 2011 Angel Ball To Benefit Gabrielle's Angel Foundation on October 17, 2011
in New York City, wearing a white dress and black accessories. I don't like the little fur jacket and the
low neckline but the rest looks great.
** Full view ** Upper part **
What a pretty robe for Princess Madeleine -but yes, I comprehend the demur concerning its low neckline... Nevertheless, I would like to emphasize how charming these interlaced, cascading white petals look -plus they're attractively combined with that black flower belt.

Last edited:
The jacket looks terrible but I like the dress, although I think it shoul be a bit longer. It's a strange length in my opinion.

I agree. I am not certain if the fur jacket goes with the entire look. The dress is pretty but the shorter length is definitely not flattering for an evening gown.

Princess Madeleine at the Swedish American Chamber of Commerce Pre-Conference gala dinner
on November 1, 2011 in New York City, wearing a nice black dress but also another fur jacket,
I do not like:

** With the jacket ** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **

I am no fan of fur jackets but Madeleine looks stunning, great dress for her.

Princess Madeleine has had this Cavalli fur jacket for a few years and I find it simply unnecessary. The gown is actually quite a departure for her from the usual full-skirted bustier dresses and a real step forward style-wise.
Sleek and much more sophisticated, great silhouette, the embroidery detailing and the very nice draped collar look like high quality - overall, she's really quite stunning here, IMO one of her all-time best looks.

Upper part:
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Another full view:
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Last edited:
The white fur coat is just lovely and she looks very young and modern with it, I just love it, that is a lovely fashionable coat1 love also the black dress.

The black dress is really pretty and I do love the cut of it. The only down part of the look is the fur jacket.

That black dress is stunning without the fur.

Stunning dress, but fur ruined the look. She lately wears a lot of fur jackets/boleros, but they can't go well with everything.

That black dress looks very good on her and i just love the little fur jacket. Love fur it´s so regal!

Stunning black gown that fit Madeleine like a glove, and the draping around the neckline is beautiful. I didn't care for her hair, though, and would have liked a sophisticated style that suited the dress.

Last edited:
That dress really looked amazing on Madaleine.

I really like the black dress,but I don´t think it is good to wear fur nowadays....of course it looks glamourous and regal but a lot of animals need to suffer for it & there are a lot different fur-imitations that also look beautiful and elegant!

Stunning black gown that fit Madeleine like a glove, and the draping around the neckline is beautiful. I didn't care for her hair, though, and would have liked a sophisticated style that suited the dress.

Right about her hair; it would look better with an updo for such a formal evening dress.

:previous: I am in absolute agreement. When a woman (not a girl) is wearing serious evening wear the ensemble deserves a sophisticated up do, not a little girl hair do!

Love the fur jacket though. I am a bit ambivalent about the whole "fur" thing. Whilst the idea of "farmed" mink or such doesn't appeal, wild possum or rabbit are OK by me. Both animals are not native to NZ and are out of control and destroy native flora and fauna, not to mention grazing. Hence the "Annual Easter Bunny Hunt"!

Actually, with that sleek gown, I'd have liked to have seen Madeleine wear a pashmina or an evening stole that emphasizes the fit. I think the jacket is too bulky a look.

Her gown is nice but there's something forced in her smile.:sad:

I have noticed the same,she has a kind of "professional smile" like a model or filmstar-she can switch it on and look great but doesn´t seem genuinely happy...I guess everybody has their sorrows and problems,but as a Princess she is always expected to look cheerful and pretty so she doesn´t show any negative emotions like we might do if we are feeling not so good.

@ MARG
We have the same problem with some wild animals in our country,especially feral pigs,but I don´t think their fur looks as glamourous or elegant as silver fox or mink,who are the most attractive fur types IMO-but they are usually created under very bad circumstances for the animals :-(
While I like the look of fur I really think it´s better to buy immitations,or either fur from wild animals who endanger other species or from animals that need to be slaughtered anyway (because they are old or they bring meat etc.)

Princess Madeleine at the Swedish American Chamber of Commerce Pre-Conference gala dinner on November 1, 2011 in New York City, wearing a nice black dress but also another fur jacket, I do not like:
** With the jacket ** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **
Here you can see Princess Madeleine's daytime outfit on November 1, 2011 at a summit to raise awareness of sustainability in the food chain -hosted by the Swedish American Chamber of Commerce:
APA-PictureDesk (full view 1)
APA-PictureDesk (full view 2)
IBL Bildbyrå - Royaltyfria bilder, historiska bilder, illustrationsbilder med mera. (upper part with coat)

A second, good look at this and I see that once again she has either been over exposed to the sun/tanning bed, or over liberal with the spray tan. In some lights she almost looks Orange!

Whatever the cause, her skin looks dry and her hair, brittle. It's a pity because the overall look is so unflattering and ageing.

Isn't there already a Princess of Orange? :lol: Sorry, couldn't resist.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom