Princess Madeleine's Fashion & Style, Part 3: November 2010 - December 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A very bad colour a very bad choice..an American choice...and she is getting a bit big she must be careful because New York is an easy place to gain weight very quickly...

I understand the bad color, bad choice, but what do you mean by "an American choice"?

A very bad colour a very bad choice..an American choice...and she is getting a bit big she must be careful because New York is an easy place to gain weight very quickly...

What is "an American choice" ?

MARG said:
I don't know if Madeleine is putting on weight or not and, to be honest, I don't care, big, small, middle sized . . . . it's irrelevant because couture loves the body. But this dress is just plain nasty. It doesn't flatter her colouring, it doesn't flatter her figure, worse it just looks harsh and baggy and ill fitting, it just plain doesn't love her and doesn't make her look "Madeleine". If this is a broken heart I hope she recovers sooner rather than later. I would hate a gown like this to become her new signature look!

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/4562/108628395.jpg

The dress is not that bad!
It's not her best and I don't think its the absolute worse. The color and cut is what makes it a bad design for me.

biboquinhas said:

It's easy to gain weight anywhere if you ask me, not just NY.

Please shed light on "American choice".

Last edited:
I would think that one would gain less weight in NY with all the walking that you would do.

What exactly is an "American choice?" Please explain thoroughly.

I don't get the American Choice comment either, and I'm an American. :ermm:

I don't like her jacket at all... Too bad she's wearing it all the time.

Just a casual look, nothing special. Perhaps Madde doesn't want to attract the attention of the paparazzi. She obviously failed, but that's another issue.;)

I love the jacket, especially the color! He's not even wearing an overcoat!:)

That's quite a hood on her coat with all that fur.
It's nice to see she has found someone new.

Madeleine working for the World Childhood Foundation, visiting Kirsti House on Friday.
Isopix
Isopix
Beautiful outfit.
At the Childhood Foundation gala dinner at Hillboro Beach in Florida yesterday:
SvenskDam
SvenskDam
SvenskDam
Too much Hollywood vibes from this dress, don´t like it.

Last edited:
:previous: The white bottom of that dress is the least flattering thing I have seen her wear in years! It makes her look like a rectangular board from head to toe and the less said about her hair the better.

What has happened to her regal style? She really does seem to have gone Hollywood on us. In fact the only thing that I do like is that she seems to be laying off the excessive spray tan. :ermm:

Full view of the gown the Madeleine wore yesterday

Pic 1 ** Pic 2

:previous: The white bottom of that dress is the least flattering thing I have seen her wear in years! It makes her look like a rectangular board from head to toe and the less said about her hair the better.

What has happened to her regal style? She really does seem to have gone Hollywood on us. In fact the only thing that I do like is that she seems to be laying off the excessive spray tan. :ermm:

I agree, not very flattering.

I love the flow of the skirt of the dress. Not fond of strapless-dresses though. It often seems as if they do not give the necessary support.

Not fond of strapless-dresses though. It often seems as if they do not give the necessary support.

Which is often the case no matter which size the chest. :bang: I have seen horrible dresses on Gwyneth Paltrow, and her chest is considerable smaller.
Most strapless dresses just are having a horrible fit.

Marika86 said:
Full view of the gown the Madeleine wore yesterday

Pic 1 ** Pic 2

I think Madeleine looks lovely but dislike the dress at the same time.... For me the gold/white doesn't work but Princess Madeleine is show gorgeous I still think she pulls it out, oh and her mom looks A-mazing!!!!!

Madeleine is a healthy weight

For all the ppl making comments about P Madeleine's weight - Can I just remind you that it's because of people comments about Victoria's weight that she developed anarexia in the late 90's. When you're in the public eye it's very difficult to be constantly judged and knowing people are making personal comments about your weight. Princess Madeleine has had a very difficult year, so please lets not make things worse for her, theres a possibility she may be reading these comments and they would really hurt her. It's one thing to comment on the fashion, but if it's something personal maybe we could be a bit more careful. I personally would hate to be the cause of anymore unhappiness for Madeleine. She looks fantastic, I hope she's enjoying her new romance, good luck to her.

Wasn't that Victoria who suffered with the disease in the 90's..... and at any rate the dress is unflattering and the colour is not for her IMO

Yes, I was meaning that it was C P Victoria

Wasn't that Victoria who suffered with the disease in the 90's..... and at any rate the dress is unflattering and the colour is not for her IMO

MARG said:

I don't see anything wrong with going "hollywood" but I do think she should wear dresses that flatter her shape. I think the dress is lovely but it didn't come together on her.

I'm not sure what to think about her dress. First I didn't like it at all. Now I think it looks quite nice but I still don't like the top part of it.

Madeleine's body looks good, I just don't think that dress is doing her any favors. The colors, white & gold, look great on her, but the dress itself is not flattering.

Double standards

For the second time in as many weeks, a member has posted what reads as an insulting statement disparaging Americans. After several posts in the other thread where this occurred, and after I posted asking why a moderator wasn't addressing the person who posted it, all of the posts were deleted but nothing was posted to remind members to be respectful of one another.

The same thing has happened here. For anyone who sees this post before it is deleted...is it just me being hypersensitive? I have seen other posts which attribute less than flattering characteristics to other nationalities which receive a quick response and condemnation from moderators in addition to other forum members. Why not with Americans? Why the double standard? And why is something that is an overwhelmingly more important issue than anything discussed in this thread and others "swept under the rug"?

I think you are being slightly hypersensitive Rascal. It is a fact that American's eat more, have larger portions, and are in general a larger people. It is not to hard of an assumption to make that moving to America can make it much harder to stay thin. Personally, I think Mado pulls of the extra weight! She looks sexy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom