The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 11:55 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

Love the dress. She looks fantastic!

Old 04-03-2011, 01:00 PM
Commoner

Madeleine is a healthy weight

For all the ppl making comments about P Madeleine's weight - Can I just remind you that it's because of people comments about Victoria's weight that she developed anarexia in the late 90's. When you're in the public eye it's very difficult to be constantly judged and knowing people are making personal comments about your weight. Princess Madeleine has had a very difficult year, so please lets not make things worse for her, theres a possibility she may be reading these comments and they would really hurt her. It's one thing to comment on the fashion, but if it's something personal maybe we could be a bit more careful. I personally would hate to be the cause of anymore unhappiness for Madeleine. She looks fantastic, I hope she's enjoying her new romance, good luck to her.

Old 04-03-2011, 01:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wasn't that Victoria who suffered with the disease in the 90's..... and at any rate the dress is unflattering and the colour is not for her IMO
Old 04-03-2011, 01:14 PM
Commoner

Yes, I was meaning that it was C P Victoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
Wasn't that Victoria who suffered with the disease in the 90's..... and at any rate the dress is unflattering and the colour is not for her IMO
Old 04-03-2011, 02:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG
The white bottom of that dress is the least flattering thing I have seen her wear in years! It makes her look like a rectangular board from head to toe and the less said about her hair the better.

What has happened to her regal style? She really does seem to have gone Hollywood on us. In fact the only thing that I do like is that she seems to be laying off the excessive spray tan.
I don't see anything wrong with going "hollywood" but I do think she should wear dresses that flatter her shape. I think the dress is lovely but it didn't come together on her.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:22 PM
Nobility

I'm not sure what to think about her dress. First I didn't like it at all. Now I think it looks quite nice but I still don't like the top part of it.

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free
The birth of a song
the death of a dream
Old 04-03-2011, 05:12 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccile View Post
Madeleine's dress might be from MARCHESA: http://www.style.com/slideshows/2010...WAY/00180m.jpg

But we need a full picture to be sure
You're right, the gown is from Marchesa. I read it on "Svenskdam"

Prinsessan Madeleine väljer Marchesa. | Lottas kungliga modeblogg

Google Traduttore
Old 04-03-2011, 08:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Madeleine's body looks good, I just don't think that dress is doing her any favors. The colors, white & gold, look great on her, but the dress itself is not flattering.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:04 PM
Nobility

Double standards

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
A very bad colour a very bad choice..an American choice...and she is getting a bit big she must be careful because New York is an easy place to gain weight very quickly...
For the second time in as many weeks, a member has posted what reads as an insulting statement disparaging Americans. After several posts in the other thread where this occurred, and after I posted asking why a moderator wasn't addressing the person who posted it, all of the posts were deleted but nothing was posted to remind members to be respectful of one another.

The same thing has happened here. For anyone who sees this post before it is deleted...is it just me being hypersensitive? I have seen other posts which attribute less than flattering characteristics to other nationalities which receive a quick response and condemnation from moderators in addition to other forum members. Why not with Americans? Why the double standard? And why is something that is an overwhelmingly more important issue than anything discussed in this thread and others "swept under the rug"?
Old 04-03-2011, 09:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think you are being slightly hypersensitive Rascal. It is a fact that American's eat more, have larger portions, and are in general a larger people. It is not to hard of an assumption to make that moving to America can make it much harder to stay thin. Personally, I think Mado pulls of the extra weight! She looks sexy.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25 View Post
I think you are being slightly hypersensitive Rascal. It is a fact that American's eat more, have larger portions, and are in general a larger people. It is not to hard of an assumption to make that moving to America can make it much harder to stay thin. Personally, I think Mado pulls of the extra weight! She looks sexy.
I agree with your description of the average American's weight, but the insulting comment was about the style and color choice and implies that because the choice in the poster's opinion is bad it must be caused by the influence Madde has been under since being in America. If it was about her weight specifically I would have overlooked it...as I have done in the past.

BTW...I agree completely with you about Madde and weight. She has never looked unhealthy. I looked back at the thread about who has the best body among the royals and at the time I was surprised to find that I chose CP Mary because she looked much better then. Now... ! No hips, no butt, no breasts...she has one of the worst bodies. And even though she has always been thin...Letizia just looks terrible. Even when smiling they both seem very irritated and angry most of the time. I much prefer a softer, feminine form. If only Madeleine could get a clue or find a stylist who really understands her body and dresses her appropriately. More often than not, Madde misses the mark. The last time she looked really good to me was for Vic's wedding...a little Barbie-ish but it worked.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:01 PM
Nobility

Madelaine likes strapless gowns doesn't she? To me, they draw attention to your bottom half which is hardly ever flattering! Shoulders on a gown or even sleeves of some sort add balance. I agree about Silvia, she looks amazing.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:33 AM
Heir Apparent

There are more than a few royal women who don't look like stick figures and I think Madeleine looks healthier than she has in years. Its just the dress style that is unflattering.

If she had put her hair up it would have given her height whereas the strapless top (really lovely cut and colour) was out of balance with her hair and when you add in the sea of shapeless white she seemed to lose her waist altogether and just looked like a rectangular board. Really unflattering.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:53 AM
Courtier

She looks nice. But the strapless top showed her more big imo.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:12 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Princess Madeleine yesterday in Florida

Full lenght view ** Close up

She wore a Christian Louboutin black shoes
Old 04-04-2011, 09:16 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Madeleine working for the World Childhood Foundation, visiting Kirsti House on Friday.
Isopix
Isopix
Beautiful outfit.
At the Childhood Foundation gala dinner at Hillboro Beach in Florida yesterday:
SvenskDam
SvenskDam
SvenskDam
Too much Hollywood vibes from this dress, don´t like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
Princess Madeleine yesterday in Florida

Full lenght view ** Close up

She wore a Christian Louboutin black shoes
I like both daytime outfits, very feminine and suits P Madeleine figure and personality, I think. I like that she is keeping everything simple and not overdone with accessories, less is better.

Marchesa gown is very pretty and looks good on princess. She seems to like this type of dresses. Decorated corset and delicate skirt make a nice outfit. I like her hair, make-up and clutch.
I think that she lost some weight, she looks better but not skinny.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

I for one liked Madeleine's gown. She's looked lovely. She has a feminine figure which is a nice change from many of the other royal women who quite obviously bend over backwards to stay sickly thin. Most physicians will tell you that trying to stay skinny wreaks havoc on the body, wrecks your bones and doesn't do you any favours in old age. Being overweight is not healthy either but Madeleine looks perfectly healthy to me. She's probably a lot thinner in person than the photos maker her out to be.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:14 AM
Heir Apparent

I think she looks lovely in her dress and I don't think she's anywhere near fat or overweight. We have a distorted image of what's an appropriate weight because, like Humera said, we're used to some royal ladies and hollywood telling us that to be beautiful she must be very thin. IMO Madeleine looks great.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:33 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by agami.pearl View Post
I like both daytime outfits, very feminine and suits P Madeleine figure and personality, I think. I like that she is keeping everything simple and not overdone with accessories, less is better.

Marchesa gown is very pretty and looks good on princess. She seems to like this type of dresses. Decorated corset and delicate skirt make a nice outfit. I like her hair, make-up and clutch.
I think that she lost some weight, she looks better but not skinny.
do i spot a chanel bag?
Old 04-04-2011, 12:59 PM
Royal Highness

Yes, I think that is Chanel 2.55 bag.