Princess Madeleine's Fashion & Style, Part 3: November 2010 - December 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are being slightly hypersensitive Rascal. It is a fact that American's eat more, have larger portions, and are in general a larger people. It is not to hard of an assumption to make that moving to America can make it much harder to stay thin. Personally, I think Mado pulls of the extra weight! She looks sexy.

I agree with your description of the average American's weight, but the insulting comment was about the style and color choice and implies that because the choice in the poster's opinion is bad it must be caused by the influence Madde has been under since being in America. If it was about her weight specifically I would have overlooked it...as I have done in the past.

BTW...I agree completely with you about Madde and weight. She has never looked unhealthy. I looked back at the thread about who has the best body among the royals and at the time I was surprised to find that I chose CP Mary because she looked much better then. Now... :ohmy:! No hips, no butt, no breasts...she has one of the worst bodies. And even though she has always been thin...Letizia just looks terrible. Even when smiling they both seem very irritated and angry most of the time. I much prefer a softer, feminine form. If only Madeleine could get a clue or find a stylist who really understands her body and dresses her appropriately. More often than not, Madde misses the mark. The last time she looked really good to me was for Vic's wedding...a little Barbie-ish but it worked.

Madelaine likes strapless gowns doesn't she? To me, they draw attention to your bottom half which is hardly ever flattering! Shoulders on a gown or even sleeves of some sort add balance. I agree about Silvia, she looks amazing.

:previous: There are more than a few royal women who don't look like stick figures and I think Madeleine looks healthier than she has in years. Its just the dress style that is unflattering.

If she had put her hair up it would have given her height whereas the strapless top (really lovely cut and colour) was out of balance with her hair and when you add in the sea of shapeless white she seemed to lose her waist altogether and just looked like a rectangular board. Really unflattering.

She looks nice. But the strapless top showed her more big imo.

Madeleine working for the World Childhood Foundation, visiting Kirsti House on Friday.
Isopix
Isopix
Beautiful outfit.
At the Childhood Foundation gala dinner at Hillboro Beach in Florida yesterday:
SvenskDam
SvenskDam
SvenskDam
Too much Hollywood vibes from this dress, don´t like it.

Princess Madeleine yesterday in Florida

Full lenght view ** Close up

She wore a Christian Louboutin black shoes

I like both daytime outfits, very feminine and suits P Madeleine figure and personality, I think. I like that she is keeping everything simple and not overdone with accessories, less is better.

Marchesa gown is very pretty and looks good on princess. She seems to like this type of dresses. Decorated corset and delicate skirt make a nice outfit. I like her hair, make-up and clutch.
I think that she lost some weight, she looks better but not skinny.

I for one liked Madeleine's gown. She's looked lovely. She has a feminine figure which is a nice change from many of the other royal women who quite obviously bend over backwards to stay sickly thin. Most physicians will tell you that trying to stay skinny wreaks havoc on the body, wrecks your bones and doesn't do you any favours in old age. Being overweight is not healthy either but Madeleine looks perfectly healthy to me. She's probably a lot thinner in person than the photos maker her out to be.

I think she looks lovely in her dress and I don't think she's anywhere near fat or overweight. We have a distorted image of what's an appropriate weight because, like Humera said, we're used to some royal ladies and hollywood telling us that to be beautiful she must be very thin. IMO Madeleine looks great.

I like both daytime outfits, very feminine and suits P Madeleine figure and personality, I think. I like that she is keeping everything simple and not overdone with accessories, less is better.

Marchesa gown is very pretty and looks good on princess. She seems to like this type of dresses. Decorated corset and delicate skirt make a nice outfit. I like her hair, make-up and clutch.
I think that she lost some weight, she looks better but not skinny.

do i spot a chanel bag?

Rascal said:
For the second time in as many weeks, a member has posted what reads as an insulting statement disparaging Americans. After several posts in the other thread where this occurred, and after I posted asking why a moderator wasn't addressing the person who posted it, all of the posts were deleted but nothing was posted to remind members to be respectful of one another.

The same thing has happened here. For anyone who sees this post before it is deleted...is it just me being hypersensitive? I have seen other posts which attribute less than flattering characteristics to other nationalities which receive a quick response and condemnation from moderators in addition to other forum members. Why not with Americans? Why the double standard? And why is something that is an overwhelmingly more important issue than anything discussed in this thread and others "swept under the rug"?

I don't think you're being hypersensitive I think you're stating facts. I have noticed peoples comments about "America" being the reason for her weight gain...um she gained weight in Sweden too. Yes a lot of Americans are overweight but there are a lot that are not either. America is not the only country with weight issues and I do think it's insulting to suggest that it is or make it seem that way. I also don't like comments about these royals going "Hollywood". I don't see anything wrong with that and we can't help it if Hollywood influences.

Madeleine is a very good size. Everyone has to realize the cameras make a person look bigger than they really are. If people were to meet her in public I guarantee she won't look as "big" as some people think. But on the other hand she does have a body type in which she has to be careful what she wears.

Marika86 said:
Princess Madeleine yesterday in Florida

Full lenght view ** Close up

She wore a Christian Louboutin black shoes

Nice summer look, I'm not a fan of the skirt but I think Silvia looks really nice.

Last edited:
M's two daytime outfits are winners, agree about strapless does just about nobody any favors. If she had had her hair up, as Marg suggested, it may have balanced out the look. Good idea.
That's what I like about these forums, sometimes posters will come up with a creative solution to a fashion "problem" and this gets my brain going....

Princess Madeleine attending the 2011 Health & Human Rights Awards on April 5, 2011
in New York City - a modern interpretation of the little black dress ;)

** Full view ** Close Up **

Love the outfit.
She looks modern and lovely.

Princess Madeleine attending the 2011 Health & Human Rights Awards on April 5, 2011

It's a pretty dress, but not for Madeleine. It makes her look bigger.

The black feathery dress is not for her IMO but nice try!!!!

Oh boy, what is she wearing? I wouldn't call this a dress...
I think she need some blond highlights in her hair again, it has really gotten dark.

iceflower said:

I actually like this a lot! I think it's flattering on her :)

I've impression that some celebrity wore this dress before, but I can's remember which one :ermm: Or maybe not...

EDIT:
found it - actress Blake Lively in original runaway version
www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com

Last edited:
i wonder what dress she will wear for the monaco wedding, she has several dresses only used once will they be used again,
nobel 2009 dress, green, the dress from greek wedding, the dress from Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom