The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 12:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

mmm.... the jacket I think spoils this the gown is fine "princessy" nothing special but that jacket has to go. IMO

Old 12-03-2011, 12:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

In the close-up I would have never recognized Madeleine, she looks completely strange and like a different person.
I thought the same as well, but wasn't sure what's different about her. Her smile, maybe?

Old 12-03-2011, 01:09 PM
Royal Highness

Beautiful dress paired with ugly jacket and mismatched earrings. Not the best outfit for Madeleine. She looks like 40 years old rich housewife in this fur.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:00 PM
Heir Apparent

I like the Valentino gown and the clutch. Earrings & jacket are indeed mismatched.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Here's a photo of the dress without the jacket:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-qiU8YTfzrz.../222222210.jpg
Old 12-03-2011, 05:49 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Red dress and clutch are fine. I don't like the fur jacket
Old 12-03-2011, 06:07 PM
Courtier

I liked the red gown. Don''t care for the jacket but the worst thing of the outfit is her earrings IMO. They look awful.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:27 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I thought the same as well, but wasn't sure what's different about her. Her smile, maybe?
Almost unrecognizable, indeed...
That's exactly what has been bothering me some time.
I think first time I thought there was something different in her apperance
was in August when she visited Salzburg opera, but couldn't specify it.
Eyes or smile? It's not easy to figure out, as her hair colour, parting and style had also changed. She probably has lost some weight, too.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:12 AM
Nobility

I think her teeth looks fake. Her front teeth are so white but the 2 sides are different in colour.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:35 AM
Courtier

I only like the red dress by itself but boy do I like this dress. So pretty!
Old 12-04-2011, 08:34 AM
Courtier

Beautiful dress.
And she looks happy. No forced smiles, but a genuine one. :)
Old 12-05-2011, 09:56 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Hmm... I may be in the minority, but I actually like the outfit.

The jacket is too heavy for the dress, but I'm almost sure it was cold. The earrings aren't to die for, but I guess she matched them with the golden clutch? The clutch is great, btw. And the dress per se is fantastic! The only thing that would really bother me (and this outfit isn't perfect indeed) is her odd hair color. Is it red, blond, orange or pink-ish? Can't believe any expensive hairdresser would do that to a princess, but at least it looks much better than the tacky blond before.

She's really beautiful, the darker and more natural her hair color becomes, the more pretty she looks, IMO.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
Hmm... I may be in the minority, but I actually like the outfit.

The jacket is too heavy for the dress, but I'm almost sure it was cold. The earrings aren't to die for, but I guess she matched them with the golden clutch? The clutch is great, btw. And the dress per se is fantastic! The only thing that would really bother me (and this outfit isn't perfect indeed) is her odd hair color. Is it red, blond, orange or pink-ish? Can't believe any expensive hairdresser would do that to a princess, but at least it looks much better than the tacky blond before.

She's really beautiful, the darker and more natural her hair color becomes, the more pretty she looks, IMO.
I like it too. I think the earrings looks great with the dress. The jacket isn't the best but it's ok.
I do think she has lost a lot of weight and looks a little different.
As far as her hair, it was so over bleached and damaged, as you could see from the closeups and split ends, that it takes a while to bring it back.
As one who has lived through the long process, the best thing to do is cut the hair, then it really does take quite a while for the new hair to grow in and try to match it, gently.
I think her hair is looking better and better. She is a naturally very beautiful woman.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlklhm View Post
I think her teeth looks fake. Her front teeth are so white but the 2 sides are different in colour.
Probaly from those do it yourself tooth whiteners. She'll have to make sure she does the sides.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:41 AM
Courtier

On December 5, 2011 Princess Madeleine walked alone in Midtown (New York):
http://www.newscom.com/nc/wmark/News...saphotos630694 (full view)
http://www.newscom.com/nc/wmark/News...saphotos630704 (upper part, frontal)
http://www.newscom.com/nc/wmark/News...saphotos630698 (upper part, sideways)
Old 12-06-2011, 01:04 PM
Nobility

she love those boot , she use them all the time
Old 12-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Gentry

A Swedish fashion blogger who met Madeleine a couple of weeks ago wrote that her hair colour looks much better in real life than in photos.

Let's hope she finds a colour that looks good both in real life and in photos

Prinsessan Madeleine på svensk mark | Ebbas Blogg | svt.se
Old 12-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Heir Apparent

It's probably a matter of tweaking the color to get it right, but I do prefer the darker look.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:27 PM
Courtier

I prefer it too, she looks 100 times better with the darker hair!
Old 12-06-2011, 07:22 PM
Courtier

Prefer the darker hair too her blonde was always so fake to me. And her eyebrows are beautifully formed again, generally she looks better now than in the Jonas-era. More natural and happier. I think she has lost some weight plus the different hairstyle and the natural eyebrows - all these things make her look different. Remember her dark and thin eyebrows at Vic's wedding http://www.schweizer-illustrierte.ch...iebe-38901.jpg or in the engagement pics with Jonas http://www.merkur-online.de/bilder/2...rgstroem.9.jpg. Now she looks more like the old, pretty Madeleine before J. just like here in 2001http://www.schweizer-illustrierte.ch/sites/default/files/imagecache/bild_bildgalerie_gross/images/crop_3/prinzessin-madeleine-von-schweden-33849.jpg?commercial_link=