Princess Madeleine's Fashion & Style, Part 3: November 2010 - December 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mmm.... the jacket I think spoils this the gown is fine "princessy" nothing special but that jacket has to go. IMO

In the close-up I would have never recognized Madeleine, she looks completely strange and like a different person.

I thought the same as well, but wasn't sure what's different about her. Her smile, maybe?

Last edited:
Beautiful dress paired with ugly jacket and mismatched earrings. Not the best outfit for Madeleine. She looks like 40 years old rich housewife in this fur.

I like the Valentino gown and the clutch. Earrings & jacket are indeed mismatched.

Red dress and clutch are fine. I don't like the fur jacket

I liked the red gown. Don''t care for the jacket but the worst thing of the outfit is her earrings IMO. They look awful.

I thought the same as well, but wasn't sure what's different about her. Her smile, maybe?

Almost unrecognizable, indeed... :ohmy:
That's exactly what has been bothering me some time.
I think first time I thought there was something different in her apperance
was in August when she visited Salzburg opera, but couldn't specify it.
Eyes or smile? It's not easy to figure out, as her hair colour, parting and style had also changed. She probably has lost some weight, too.

I think her teeth looks fake. Her front teeth are so white but the 2 sides are different in colour.

I only like the red dress by itself but boy do I like this dress. So pretty!

Beautiful dress.
And she looks happy. No forced smiles, but a genuine one. :)

Hmm... I may be in the minority, but I actually like the outfit.

The jacket is too heavy for the dress, but I'm almost sure it was cold. ;) The earrings aren't to die for, but I guess she matched them with the golden clutch? The clutch is great, btw. And the dress per se is fantastic! The only thing that would really bother me (and this outfit isn't perfect indeed) is her odd hair color. Is it red, blond, orange or pink-ish? :p Can't believe any expensive hairdresser would do that to a princess, but at least it looks much better than the tacky blond before.

She's really beautiful, the darker and more natural her hair color becomes, the more pretty she looks, IMO.

Last edited:
Hmm... I may be in the minority, but I actually like the outfit.

The jacket is too heavy for the dress, but I'm almost sure it was cold. ;) The earrings aren't to die for, but I guess she matched them with the golden clutch? The clutch is great, btw. And the dress per se is fantastic! The only thing that would really bother me (and this outfit isn't perfect indeed) is her odd hair color. Is it red, blond, orange or pink-ish? :p Can't believe any expensive hairdresser would do that to a princess, but at least it looks much better than the tacky blond before.

She's really beautiful, the darker and more natural her hair color becomes, the more pretty she looks, IMO.
I like it too.:flowers: I think the earrings looks great with the dress. The jacket isn't the best but it's ok.
I do think she has lost a lot of weight and looks a little different.
As far as her hair, it was so over bleached and damaged, as you could see from the closeups and split ends, that it takes a while to bring it back.
As one who has lived through the long process,:bang: the best thing to do is cut the hair, then it really does take quite a while for the new hair to grow in and try to match it, gently.
I think her hair is looking better and better. She is a naturally very beautiful woman.

I think her teeth looks fake. Her front teeth are so white but the 2 sides are different in colour.

Probaly from those do it yourself tooth whiteners. She'll have to make sure she does the sides.

she love those boot , she use them all the time

It's probably a matter of tweaking the color to get it right, but I do prefer the darker look.

:previous: I prefer it too, she looks 100 times better with the darker hair!

Prefer the darker hair too her blonde was always so fake to me. And her eyebrows are beautifully formed again, generally she looks better now than in the Jonas-era. More natural and happier. I think she has lost some weight plus the different hairstyle and the natural eyebrows - all these things make her look different. Remember her dark and thin eyebrows at Vic's wedding http://www.schweizer-illustrierte.c...prinzessin-madeleine-schweden-liebe-38901.jpg or in the engagement pics with Jonas http://www.merkur-online.de/bilder/...1-prinzessin-madeleine-jonas-bergstroem.9.jpg. Now she looks more like the old, pretty Madeleine before J. just like here in 2001http://www.schweizer-illustrierte.ch/sites/default/files/imagecache/bild_bildgalerie_gross/images/crop_3/prinzessin-madeleine-von-schweden-33849.jpg?commercial_link=

Thanks for the comparison pics, Kit. Madeleine definitely looks much better with her new look; love her thicker, more natural eyebrows as well.

Last edited:
I also prefer her new look,she looks more mature and natural with darker hair and she seems to be more relaxed and happy!

Those boots are nothing special, I don't like them...also that jacket is waful..and I'am the only person to prefer Madeleine blonde??:)

Gloves! Especially in a big city, protects the hands, finishes the look and protects you from germs and dirt.

Well, you're not alone.. I had nothing against her previous light brown hair.
Current reddish dark brown I don't like.

I didn't mind her hair being light brown. I just didn't like the bleached blond look.

Thank you! Princess Madeleine’s red Valentino gown for the Yule Ball exhibits a very smart, chic style i.m.o. –particularly regarding its division into two horizontal parts (lace top, long skirt) as well as two nested diagonal parts with dangling ribbons fixed at the dress’ left side. That white fur jacket, in turn, added a bit of Christmas related fun to Madeleine’s outfit –presenting her as a lovely young female version of Santa Claus (only a bonnet was missing :lol:). Besides, I have no objections concerning her golden leaf earrings which truly look seasonally appropriate...

Princess Madeleine at the Christmas Luncheon of the Swedish American Chamber of Commerce
in New York yesterday - dark outfit with a nice white blouse:

** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 ** Upper part 3 **
Wow! The natural look has taken years off her age and given her a far softer, less jaded, and more feminine appeal.

Princess Madeleine at the New York Academy of Sciences for the 'Celebrating Women in Science'
dinner on the centennial of Marie Curie's 2nd Nobel Prize on December 10, 2011 in New York City.

Nice white dress and a great black coat - lovely appearance:

** With the coat ** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom