The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 06:37 AM
Serene Highness

This brown new dress is very beautiful! Madeleine was lovely and so happy to be with her fiancé!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 12-12-2009, 06:45 AM
Moderator Emeritus

I really like the new version of last year's dress much better. It looked great on Madeleine.
The colours suit her best. I also liked her hairdo. Pitty that the diamonds in her hair were hardly recognizable.

Old 12-12-2009, 07:54 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I agree that the re-worked version was much better! Last years pink jacket always looked very strange to me, and I mean both the poofy cut and the colour combination. But the shoulder line of the new version is very flattering. Imo both sisters looked very nice together, with the colours of their dresses and off-the-shoulder-cut harmonizing. It only looked strange that Madeleine was the only one without a tiara, and the diamond necklace barely visible in her curly up-do (which would have been great to show off a tiara, by the way).
Old 12-12-2009, 09:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Last years dress says to me "I'm a young lady who has a boyfriend". This years remade dress says, "I am a woman who is about to be married." The remake is very becoming on Princess Madeline, I love this color on her, which is strange on a blonde (though the pink unlerlay helps her coloring).

Additionally, her hair kept toused is appealing to me, and I rather like the Romanesque feel of the diamond headband amongst her curls. Madeline's evening bag is especially nice with the studs. The necklace, I truly love. I have noticed that Princess Madeline always seems to know what necklaces to wear, good for her, she has a treasure trove to choose from...
Old 12-12-2009, 10:38 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Apparently IBL has some problems.
Here are the photos of the dress:
SvenskDam
SvenskDam
Last year:
ANP Beeldbank
Lovely dress, amazing color for her - warm and deep.The embroidering on the skirt is fantastic. I also like the reduced straps. The hairstyle is so nice, the diamonds are a amazing details. The clutch bag is amazing (Bottega Veneta?? --> picture

I found a close-up of princess hair with headband
close-up
Old 12-12-2009, 11:40 AM
Heir Apparent

What can I say? She looks gorgeous! What a lovely dress!
Old 12-12-2009, 02:06 PM
Commoner

Yippee Madeleine wore a nice dress! I really was expecting something bad. This dress is much better altered than the way it was last year, I love the neckline, as Madeleine has great shoulders and arms to wear this style!

I liked her hair with the diamonds too, really different. However (I'm going to be a spoilsport) I would liked for her to wear a tiara to such a special event and maybe the diamonds hair peice to another event
Old 12-12-2009, 02:13 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Indeed, there have been considerable alterations made to this dress by Lars Wallin, and I can only applaud them. The reworked version of this dress is far superior to the overly fussy original - a classic and classy look.
All in all, Princess Madeleine's clothing color palette has become quite interesting over the past year, with original choices resulting in sometimes surprisingly good results.
It's a pity though that her curly updo from last night hides the two strands of diamonds in her hair.
Just wondering, as this dress has been altered would it have been altered by the original designer? Or would that be offensive to the original design concept?

I understand that many royal ladies alter their clothes, and I think this is great, but would the original garment's designer be willing to accomodate such changes?

I'm interested as it seems that the royals are the only ones in the public eye who do this as celebrities only wear an outfit once, and if it's recycled it's a faux pas.

Has Lars Wallin designed many outfits or gowns for Princess Madeleine?

Thanks for any answers to my questions (I know there are a few!)
Old 12-12-2009, 02:17 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by agami.pearl View Post
Lovely dress, amazing color for her - warm and deep.The embroidering on the skirt is fantastic. I also like the reduced straps. The hairstyle is so nice, the diamonds are a amazing details. The clutch bag is amazing (Bottega Veneta?? --> picture

close-up

I too love this clutch! Lucky Madeleine, has a few Bottege Veneta bags which she gets a lot of use out of...I would LOVE to even have one!
Old 12-12-2009, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH J View Post
Just wondering, as this dress has been altered would it have been altered by the original designer? Or would that be offensive to the original design concept?

I understand that many royal ladies alter their clothes, and I think this is great, but would the original garment's designer be willing to accomodate such changes?

I'm interested as it seems that the royals are the only ones in the public eye who do this as celebrities only wear an outfit once, and if it's recycled it's a faux pas.

Thanks for any answers to my questions (I know there are a few!)
That's an interesting question and my answer is only speculation. But I imagine that a designer would rather change the dress him- or herself rather than having someone else do it. He or she might have had several ideas for it right from the beginning of the design process and had to decide on one version for the finished dress. Maybe designers like to play around these different ideas as every alteration also is a creative process. Also they might still have some of the original materials, so that they can add or replace parts with it.
But as usual with royal-related topics no-one talks about the behind the scene things. I guess that royals buy their dresses, unlike celebrities who borrow most of their gala gowns. So they have every right to alter and recycle them. I like to think of it as a sign of real class and style compared to sheer desposible red carpet celebrity glam. ...uups I veered off topic.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH J View Post
This is the only gown Wallin ever made for Princess Madeleine.
But he was responsible for almost all of CP Victoria's evening dresses until about three years ago, when she started to try other designers.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Ok, I'm going out on a limb her and say that I wasn't impressed with this dress. The style is wonderful but I have a problem with the color. I don't think this brownish color does a thing for Madeleine. I might have liked it more if her hair were a lighter blond (a few blond highlights would have been wonderful). The style of her hair is fantastic with the diamonds. Youthful & playful and Jonas looks incrediably handsome. They are going to have some beautiful children!
Old 12-13-2009, 03:50 PM
Commoner

Thanks Boris and Tilia C for your answers!
Old 12-14-2009, 10:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

The more I look at the dress, I've decided that I don't like how the pink underlayment makes the brown look like chintz fabric on the skirt of this evening gown. The bottom of the dress almost looks plastic in some pictures. Conversely, I like the rich chocolate silk on the top of the gown.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:06 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by agami.pearl View Post

close-up
Her hair does look wonderful.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

I quite like this brown gala dress, much better than the green one. I love the way her hair is done with the jewels but I don't know why she didn't wear a tiara as it was a tiara event.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:28 PM
Nobility

Hair ornaments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
I quite like this brown gala dress, much better than the green one. I love the way her hair is done with the jewels but I don't know why she didn't wear a tiara as it was a tiara event.
Hi, Opal. I'm totally with you on the dress. Much better than the saloon-girl look from the previous night. I love that color green but this dress (even with the ugly pink jacket from last year) seems more flattering on Madeleine, both in color and style.

I also like the style of her hair. In an earlier post someone called it Romanesque. That is exactly the impression I got when I first saw the pictures. But I disagree with you on this event requiring a tiara. Victoria wore this same adornment for her hair last year, while Madeleine used the family's diamond brooch as a hair ornament. Both of them looked appropriate and well-dressed for a formal event but at the same time looked young, fresh, and contemporary. I think with this year, the fact that the diamonds don't show up as much as they did on her sister's hair as well as the fact that Victoria chose to wear a tiara might look like Madde had less bling. I would point out however, that the most important accessory for her was Jonas. I'm glad she didn't overdo it on herself, because the attention really was on the two of them as a couple, as this was the first royal event they officially attended as a couple. In fact, this event isn't even a "public" one...it just happens to be covered in the press.

Now I can't wait for the upcoming weddings!

Rascal
Old 12-16-2009, 05:48 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Madeleine in a white suit on the cover of "Elle":

http://lotta.svenskdam.se/wp-content...ryder-Elle.jpg

Old 12-16-2009, 06:18 AM
Nobility

Beautiful and
Old 12-16-2009, 06:18 AM
Nobility

Beautiful and elegant princess

Closed Thread