Princess Madeleine's Fashion and Style Part 1: September 2003 - Ausgust 12, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow those shoes are amazing. And she looked amazing in the national
costume.

Here's an article in Danish magazine Billed-Bladet that talks about Madeleine's white Oscar de la Renta dress:

Billed-Bladet - Se Madeleines sommerkjole til 30.000 kroner

It talks about the price, and how Madeleine and a friend went in to de la Renta's shop in Madrid several weeks ago. She fell in love with the design, and had one custom-made for her.

Does the price have something to do with that 30.000?And what does "kroner" mean?Can someone help us out?

I guess the price was 30000 Swedish Kronas (SEK), ca. 2835 Euro.

Thanks a lot for the help,Mafan!But it doesn't sound really expensive for an Oscar de la Renta dress,does it?Maybe because it's just a cocktail dress,who knows?

Though the dress is quite expensive. I'm sure it's worth of paying a such sum of money.

Princess Madeleine during the press conference announcing her engagement on 11 August 2009:
http://monarchie.blog.cz/galerie/zasnuby-madeleine

The ring is lovely, and the fiance is handsome, but I really don't care for this style on Madeleine. The tiered look is kind of old-fashioned (in a frumpy way), and the dress doesn't flatter her, IMO.

(photos courtesy of Ducii in SRF thread)

Last edited:
Princess Madeleine during the press conference announcing her engagement on 11 August 2009:
zasnuby madeleine « Galerie | Blog o současných monarchiích

The ring is lovely, and the fiance is handsome, but I really don't care for this style on Madeleine. The tiered look is kind of old-fashioned (in a frumpy way), and the dress doesn't flatter her, IMO.

(photos courtesy of Ducii in SRF thread)

I agree, frumpy is the right word for it. It really disappointed me... But the ring is really beautiful IMO and Jonas looked fantastic.

I agree with all of you!

She was beautiful but this outfit made her older than she is!! but anyway the most important thing is that she was very happy about this engagement!!!

I loved the dress,very lady-like.Besides,what else could be more appropriate for the engagement of a princess?The color might be pale,but Madeleine is perfectly tanned,so it suits her a lot.The hairdo,make-up,diamond ring & Cartier Love bracelet were all gorgeous!I wouldn't add anything else to this picture.

I like this dress, simply and elegant with nice color for Princess. Ring is fantastic and her future husband very handsome.

I think she looked great! And what a gorgeous ring almost similar to Victoria's.

This dress is a big disappointment, it doesn´t really suit Madeleine at all, and the colour is ... too pale. I´m not fond of her dyed hair and her using too always too much tan.

Boring dress and she is IMO way too spray or suntanned YUK. The nail polish is too white it's all a bit "cheap" looking.IMO

This dress makes her look older than she is. The colour is ok, but nothing special. The shape of that dress is terrible, looks like a sack or something...

I think the dress was quite elegent and flattering besides from the color which washed her out. The dress wasnt anything special but looked classic and a piece that will last a while. I liked the belt on the dress and the two different layers of the dress and the small layers on the ends. Hair is done neatly. Overall I quite liked it all.

It was a nice dress with nice colour but...
yes alway some but... the top - collar doesn't fit to her I think.
No matter what we think about her engagement's look that was
her decision - her look (whole outfi, hair-do, make-up, manicure)
on this special day so she must like it:flowers:
No matter what we think she've done it.
Probably she would look bet or maybe not if she wouldn't be so tanned.

I think Princess Madeleine should have chosen a more colourful outfit.
Though, Madeleine is beautiful by herself and I respect her choice totally.

I thought Madeleine looked lovely and her outfit was very pretty. I can understand people thinking it made her look to old because the outfit would have suited a woman of any age, but I'd rather see that than her wearing a mini skirt and boob-tube, which doesn't suit anyone!

I love the outfit itself, just not the colour. Something brighter perhaps. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom