Princess Madeleine's Fashion and Style Part 1: September 2003 - Ausgust 12, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved the BCBG Max Azria dress,too.Her shoes look very elegant as well.I would like to see a close-up,though.

I don´t like this outfit, it makes Madeleine look like she´s got a lot of weight.

I love the bag (and the outfit that she is wearing in the photo). She looks very casual, but very nice.

The black and white outfit is okay. I think that Madeleine looks nice in white, but the cut of the skirt is not very flattering.

Madeleine looks like she has gained a lot of weight. And the skirt underlined that.

She has also lightened the colour of her hair. I don't like it. It seems fake for Madeleine's fresh facial traits.

The dress is from Oscar de la Renta
Vogue Australia
According to the site of Oscar de la Renta, it costs $4690, now on sale for $2345.

IMHO the problem here is not the beautiful (though expensive) dress, but wearing a boxy jacket over it.
The sleeveless dress alone wouldn't give the rather massive impression, but the wide skirt in combination with the square jacket in a rather too dark color does.

I am surprised to see that it was a dress. It looked like a skirt when Madeleine wore it. I agree with Boris. It would have looked much better without the jacket.

She looked fabulous,imo,in that Oscar de la Renta dress.Sheer class!!!

Princess Madeleine this evening at the birthday celebrations of crown princess Victoria. Madeleine recycling the Oscar de la Renta dress.
BelgaPicture
Shoes:
Daylife
Madeleine had a bad hair day:
Daylife

Queen Silvia and crown princess Victoria wear always traditional costumes, why doesn´t Madeleine?
Daylife

Probably because Madeleine doesn't have an Öland-national costume like Silvia and Victoria. If she had one, she would wear it.

I would like to see Madeleine in this dress without the cardigan on top. I am curious about what it looks like. I don't care for the fabric squares. They add too much volume to the dress, and it isn't very flattering. She does look nice in white, though.

The shoes are kind of fun. I like the color.

This Oscar de la Renta dress is very beautiful! but I would like to see it without a jacket or a cardigan! I'm sure the top and the back of the dress are great!

I love her shoes too but I don't know how she's able to walk on the grass with such high heels!!!

Does someone know who is the designer of these shoes??

The yellow shoes
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0gbr2QX6e59zN/610x.jpg

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/3597/14598209a.jpg

The terrible 80's have returned....The colour and the shape of the shoes, let's say, OK.....

but what kind of heel is this??? totally from Mars...however, it'super for a carnival party...!
The heels distort the whole image of the shoes and the elegant dress.

The dress is really beautiful, I like it!
But why she always wears something with it and not just the dress??? First it was a dark coloured jacket, now a white "cardigan"...

Her hair is really messy.

Love the dress including the whimsical rectangular applications, but the shoes are not fun really but a true eyesore - perfectly ugly and ruining the overall look.
As with every woman, this unflattering style of shoe also adds several sizes to her feet.
It's understandable that she wore a white cardigan for an open air concert in the evening, much better than the ill-matching navy jacket she chose with the dress the first time it was seen.

The shoes don´t match with the dress at all.

Those shoes are considered really hot right now,but I don't like them either.What was she thinking?At least we had the chance to admire the dress one more time.

Why doesn't she have the costumes that her mom and sister do? Are they only meant for future queens?

I find the shoes a bit tacky, don't like them at all !

The only differences that I can spot between Madeleine's dress and the original are the sheen of the belt (it looks like a patent leather one on the model. Madeleine's has a more matte finish), and the length of the skirt underneath the chiffon layer on top. On the model, the underskirt is incredibly short. On Madeleine, the underskirt is more modest.

I find her wonderful as well.Nice pic!

:previous:
Wow I haven't seen Madeline in dress like this. She looks wonderful. :flowers:

I believe that she wore this outfit during an event earlier this year. She was greeting visitors to the palace. The traditional style looks cute on her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom