Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 8: October 2011 - August 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate the braid on a grown woman.
Oh, I don't know, they often look great when supporting a fabulous tiara. But perhaps the wearer's hair needs to be a lot thicker than Letizia's, more like Victoria's.

She looks like a Roaring 20s flapper! It seems like her dress is encrusted with sequins as well. Points for trying, but I don't like the braids.

It seems nice. I would love to see the whole outfit in a clearer picture :D

The dress looks grey to me now. Hmm... I still can't judge it, but the embroidery on the top looks very interesting. I don't like the headpiece though.

The two pictures are too blurry. The Hola cover picture is a lot clear, the head gear looks very nice, so does the top of the dress. Letizia almost never tried funky styles, it's refreshing to see her dress differently this time.

http://www.hola.com/imagenes/famoso...-sartorius/0-199-765/portada-hola-3531--a.jpg

I agree DonnaK, it's good to see Letizia taking risks with fashion.

From these pictures I'm not sure this was the most successful, but at least it's not boring or too old!

:previous:
Maybe the theme was "style mess" because judged from the gallery some ladies attended in long dresses, some in short and obviously some in costumes. Maybe Varela went to see Chicago and thought it was time for a spanish Roxie Hart and got inspired.

Last edited:
My 'favorite' guests wore very,very short dresses and furs, indeed dress code was pure mess. But Letizia looked nice, 20's style suits her.

The dress she wore is very pretty. The coat looks good too.
She rocked this 20's look.

It's certainly nice to see Letizia vary it up with her style and be somewhat adventurous. Those diamond earrings are gorgeous.

Princess Letizia Looks Here So Beautiful , Thank You For Posting LadyFinn .

There is a blurry shot circulating on foro hispannico - I do not know the source but I hope that the person who scanned it doesnt mind posting it here.

http://i43.tinypic.com/izmbuu.jpg

From this view, I dont like the applications at all, too much considering the headpiece and strangely placed over the bust. The bottom part looks like something Spartacus would have worn.

I like the headpiece but would have chosen a much simpler dress.

Ooh Finally I See The Whole Dress Of Princess Letizia She Looks Nice But To Be Honest I Don’t Like Her Dress at all This is My Tast , Thank You For Posting Duke of Marmalade I Was Waiting To See That Dress .

If that entire panel of sequins was removed from the front of the dress, it would look so much better, but kudos to Letizia for going out on a fashion limb and trying something different. But the image of Spartacus in sequins is just too much for my poor brain to intake!:eek: Has me imagining his sequin-studded sword and shield! Anyway, thank you for the photo, Duke; I know a lot of us have been clamoring to see the entire dress.

Last edited:
:previous:
A rather vivid image, isn't it? Shield and sword with sequins - not something I'd associated with Spartacus before. :D
I must admit the dress is a bit of disappointment; I expected something more based on the pictures of the gorgeous flapper-style headpiece. The dress isn't bad as such, just a simple black dress with interesting details combined with the headpiece would have looked so much better! Still, it's something different - and I appreciate it for that reason alone.

It´s refreshing because we see so seldom these Art Deco styles at royals.

With this dress, seems that Leticia is at a costume ball, not a wedding party... quite ridiculous...:eek::eek:

It probably was a themed wedding, aka a costume ball. :)
Yes, those "new" themed weddings are odd. Neighbor went to one and "had" to rent a very expensive "prom type dress" and he a 1950 white jacket tux! Not really easy trick to locate. Were actually informed not to attend [by best-man or maid of honor] if they wouldn't please the wedding couple in this requirement. Me, I would have told them I couldn't make it. That is just as bad as being invited to a niece's wedding being held in Caribbean while both sides of the families and friends live in New Jersey/New York area. What ever happened to the local family church and upscale country club for reception and dressing nicely for the occasion!

Yes, those "new" themed weddings are odd. Neighbor went to one and "had" to rent a very expensive "prom type dress" and he a 1950 white jacket tux! Not really easy trick to locate. Were actually informed not to attend [by best-man or maid of honor] if they wouldn't please the wedding couple in this requirement. Me, I would have told them I couldn't make it. That is just as bad as being invited to a niece's wedding being held in Caribbean while both sides of the families and friends live in New Jersey/New York area. What ever happened to the local family church and upscale country club for reception and dressing nicely for the occasion!
Destination Weddings are becoming very popular. It is rather expensive to attend because one has to pay for airfare, hotel and outfit (some you cannot wear anywhere else) in addition to the wedding present.

That's an interesting top but, not my taste.I like the classic black pants and jacket.

I Think Princess Letizia She Looks Beautiful , The Outfit Simple Classic Nice .

Very classy and elegant.

It's true that her beauty elevates a nice but non-descript outfit. I really like her earrings and the blouse is quite pretty.

Last edited:
I like this look, even with the weird top. She looks very classy.

Like this look. Its very basic but still elegant & classy. She looks absolutely beautiful-loving her makeup & hair!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom