Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 7: February 2011 - October 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be a good idea if Letizia wanted to repeat the same look (outfit wise) to do something different with the hair, jewels, belts and shoes as it does get boring after a while and nothing interesting.

I think The Princess dislikes wearing jewellery,she rarely wears any & if she does its always the same star earings :confused:

Its not like she hasn't anything else to wear in her jewel collection.

I think The Princess dislikes wearing jewellery,she rarely wears any & if she does its always the same star earings :confused:

Its not like she hasn't anything else to wear in her jewel collection.

I agree, it seems she doesn't like wearing jewellery :sad:

Yesterday, dinner with the Patronage of the Prince of Girona Foundation and the speakers at the Forum:
http://www.casareal.es/noticias/ima...orum_impulsa/20110621_Cena_Reunion_Girona.jpg
It looks like Asturias black dress and gold sandals?

Even though I quite liked that dress, I think it was inappropriate for an awards ceremony, its just to casual.

When the PoV foundation was funded last year, the Princes wanted those events with the youngsters to be relaxed and casual. Some men did wear suits (mostly they probably didn't know what to wear otherwise :lol:), but women dressed rather casually, many wore casual shirts and capri pants.

Last edited:
When the PoV foundation was funded last year, the Princes wanted those events with the youngsters to be relaxed and casual. Some men did wear suits (mostly they probably didn't know what to wear otherwise :lol:), but women dressed rather casually, many wore casual shirts and capri pants.

Well, Felipe wore a suit. If it was supposed to be so relaxed & casual, why didnt he leave the tie, just like in the afternoon session?
http://www.casareal.es/noticias/ima...lsa/20110622_inauguracion_forum_impulsa_2.jpg
Its rather that his wife doesnt know how to dress properly, she is a Princess hitting 40 but dresses like a barbie doll as if she was only 20.

The awards are meant to give recognition to the talent of young entrepreneurs, it´s a youthful event and meant to be more casual than many other prize givings.
At this photo are the President of Catalonia, the Minister for Science and Innovation and the acting mayor of Girona and all the winners, all the ladies dressed very casually.
Imagen ampliada - Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España
This Mango dress looks so good on Letizia, and her hair is in good shape nowadays, it looks healthy.
Getty Images
Getty Images

Btw. age is a number and elderly people can also wear miniskirts, says finnish former dance school owner Aira Samulin. She is very respected and admired in Finland, because she does a lot of voluntary work by visiting homes for elderly people. She talks about her life and gets people to dance and sing with her. She is 84 years old and still wears miniskirts:
Voice/Aira
MTV3/Aira

Last edited:
The awards are meant to give recognition to the talent of young entrepreneurs, it´s a youthful event and meant to be more casual than many other prize givings.
At this photo are the President of Catalonia, the Minister for Science and Innovation and the acting mayor of Girona and all the winners, all the ladies dressed very casually.
This Mango dress looks so good on Letizia, and her hair is in good shape nowadays, it looks healthy.
Getty Images
Getty Images

Btw. age is a number and elderly people can also wear miniskirts, says finnish former dance school owner Aira Samulin. She is very respected and admired in Finland, because she does a lot of voluntary work by visiting homes for elderly people. She talks about her life and gets people to dance and sing with her. She is 84 years old and still wears miniskirts:
Voice/Aira
MTV3/Aira
That's a good example with the Finnish celebrity; I personally believe there's nothing wrong about wearing miniskirts by older ladies on condition that they feel and look good in it. :)
Letizia looked nice in my opinion; the women present at the gathering were dressed casually so Letizia didn't make a mistake wearing this and not other dress. :)

I also like the dress. This is the kind of short dresses that I don´t mind her to wear. I agree with Ladyfinn about the age and the lenght of the dress. If you have nice legs, you should be able to show them not matter what´s your age :p
The day after seen this dress on her for the first time, I went to Mango and try it, I was totally in love with it! I didn´t buy it, however, I have to recognize that I didn´t like it at all on me, it looked too wide (I think that Leti changed that on hers). Anyway, she looks better in it since she´s so thin, those wide dresses suit her a lot.

I also like the dress. This is the kind of short dresses that I don´t mind her to wear. I agree with Ladyfinn about the age and the lenght of the dress. If you have nice legs, you should be able to show them not matter what´s your age :p
The day after seen this dress on her for the first time, I went to Mango and try it, I was totally in love with it! I didn´t buy it, however, I have to recognize that I didn´t like it at all on me, it looked too wide (I think that Leti changed that on hers). Anyway, she looks better in it since she´s so thin, those wide dresses suit her a lot.
I agree. A younger woman who is heavier might not look as good in a miniskirt as an older woman who is slim.

Getty Images
Getty Images

Voice/Aira
MTV3/Aira

Is she really 84? Wow! :ohmy: She certainly has a great body.

I liked the dress on Letizia as well. I'm still in love with the side parted hairstyle, btw. :p

Well, Felipe wore a suit. If it was supposed to be so relaxed & casual, why didnt he leave the tie, just like in the afternoon session?
http://www.casareal.es/noticias/ima...lsa/20110622_inauguracion_forum_impulsa_2.jpg
Its rather that his wife doesnt know how to dress properly, she is a Princess hitting 40 but dresses like a barbie doll as if she was only 20.

Felipe was overly dressed according to the dress code announced last year (relaxed, casual, no designer gigs), it's not like he can do no wrong. Perhaps he just felt more comfortable wearing suits with a tie.

I like the pants but the top looks awkward to me with the pants. Maybe its the fact that its not tucked in, the gathered sleeved reminds me of a curtain draping. Something isn't working with the overall look for me.

:previous: Agree about the top, it looks odd to me. The pants are nice and the black sandals are gorgeous, though. Overall I quite like the look.

monic said:
I think it's one of her best outfits recently.

Agreed but considering what we have to compare it too that's not saying much

I really like the shoes and the pants. The top is nice, but there is something about the top and pants together that seems off.

I don't hate this look but I don't like it either...still too casual or something IMO.

I like this look, & I love those shoes!!

I like the sparkled fabric of the top but I don't really like the one-shouldered look of it.
Her shoes are pretty. Overall she looks nice.

The pants and the shoes look great together, but the top looks cheap.
Bad material and lame design.
The hair do no work as well.

I think it's one of her best outfits recently.

Agreed but considering what we have to compare it too that's not saying much

But her evening look has been great, Cant compare it to her daytime looks as they are different or different looks to evening looks.
Personally, this was her not knowing whether she wanted to go all shimmer or plain, decided to mix it up and it didn't work.

I like this I think she looks very pretty.

Love the top, but don't like them with the pencil pants. I would have loved the whole outfit if the top had been paired with a part of wider legged pant or straight skirt.

She seems to have a good eye for "shoes" I also like those sandals!

She wore the black sandals in Mallorca before. She is very thin, the puffy sleeves looked pretty good on her. I wish it were a dress instead. What's the deal of wearing pants in every single act the last couple of weeks ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom