The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 11:20 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanna Wynne View Post
The safety pin is just weird. I am not as interested in Letitzia as I am in other CPs, but I'm not disinterested, either, and I always think she is well turned out. But the safety pin is just bizarre...
even more so as there already is a suitable brooch for holding the sash ...
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/944...0A760B0D811297

Old 03-08-2011, 11:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

From this big photo you can see the top closely:
DiarioFemenino
Close up of the hairdo
DiarioFemenino

Old 03-08-2011, 12:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have talked about this saftety for so many times, it's not an ordinary saftey pin, it has many small diamonds on it (the closeup was posted on this board too). Perhaps a family member gifted her to hold the sash since she wore it all the time.
Many designers have brought the T-shirt style top to the evening collections, I thought paring it with a puffy skirt is interesting, a mix of old fashion and modern look, the new hair style looked great on her, not as messy as Rania's at the Swedish wedding (perhaps Rania's hair got messsy since she walked outside).
Old 03-08-2011, 12:58 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
I like Letizia's make-up and the hairdo. I always love her wearing her tiara with an updo.
Though I am actually disappointed... I really hoped to finally see her wearing her "new" tiara.
The dress.. I don't like it. I prefer the version with the sleeveless top.
She would have looked fabulous had she worn the top you put a link too. What's with the safety pin? lol As DOM put it, how classy.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:05 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
I have talked about this saftety for so many times, it's not an ordinary saftey pin, it has many small diamonds on it (the closeup was posted on this board too). Perhaps a family member gifted her to hold the sash since she wore it all the time.
Unless you take a magnifying glass you cant see what is supposed to be diamonds, and even a safety pin containing some mirco-sized diamonds is still a safety pin and looks embarrassing.

If next time a family member gifts Letizia some Mickey Mouse hairclips with diamonds, would it be ok to wear those at a state dinner because they contain diamonds and are a personal gift?

Its not about a gift or diamonds, its simply about suitability.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:27 PM
Nobility

I am not so much a fan of her dress but her hair is too beautiful for words. She looks gorgeous

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free
The birth of a song
the death of a dream
Old 03-08-2011, 02:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera View Post
I thought Letizia looked nice. Her hair reminds me a lot of some of Queen Rania's up-dos with tiaras, the loose curls and errant strands...very reminiscent of Rania's hair at the Swedish wedding in fact.
But Letizia's version is much better than Rania's.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade

Unless you take a magnifying glass you cant see what is supposed to be diamonds, and even a safety pin containing some mirco-sized diamonds is still a safety pin and looks embarrassing.

If next time a family member gifts Letizia some Mickey Mouse hairclips with diamonds, would it be ok to wear those at a state dinner because they contain diamonds and are a personal gift?

Its not about a gift or diamonds, its simply about suitability.
Agreed. Diamonds or not it's still a safety pin and looks cheap and tacky, very wrong for the Future Queen of Spain... sometimes I feel like Letizia has just given up fashion wise
Old 03-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Agreed. Diamonds or not it's still a safety pin and looks cheap and tacky, very wrong for the Future Queen of Spain... sometimes I feel like Letizia has just given up fashion wise
Why wearing safety pin is wrong for the Future Queen Consort of Spain?
I want know why she doesn't wear a breast star?
Comparing, why wearing smaller whooper tiara for CPss Victoria wasn't wrong for the Future Queen Regnant of Sweden?

Btw. did she have any other safty brooch, I dont' remember?
Old 03-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik
Why wearing safety pin is wrong for the Future Queen Consort of Spain?
Comparing, why wearing smaller whooper tiara for CPss Victoria wasn;t wrong for the Future Queen Regnant of Sweden?

Btw did she have any other safty brooch, I dont' remember?
Wearing a safety pin, diamonds or not, is wrong for anyone... She is a Princess she should have something classier, it's tacky! Tiara aren't tacky regardless of size, sorry a safety pin is always wrong (in fashion) unless used in a major fashion emergency
Old 03-08-2011, 03:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Wearing a safety pin, diamonds or not, is wrong for anyone... She is a Princess she should have something classier, it's tacky! Tiara aren't tacky regardless of size, sorry a safety pin is always wrong (in fashion) unless used in a major fashion emergency
Even if anyone else doesn't see it?

Sorry, but talk about safety pin is boring.
It will be on topic always when she will wear it no matter of that what people think or say.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik View Post

Sorry, but talk about safety pin is boring.
It will be on topic always when she will wear it no matter of that what people think or say.
Agree. Although I don't think the safety style pin looks good on anyone, she had been given the diamond safety pin to wear, obviously the SRF didn't see anything wrong with it. The criticism would probably be louder if she wore a sash over a bare shoulder or underneath her top like some other young royals out there. It was a pity that her lovely off shoulder green top at the state dinner of Putin's visit to Spain has never been seen again.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik View Post
I want know why she doesn't wear a breast star?
That is strange indeed, Letizia has worn an order on every single of her State Dinner outfits so far, only this time it is missing.

Quote:
Btw. did she have any other safty brooch, I dont' remember?
yes, she did

Maybe Letizia forgot the brooch at home again and used the safety pin as a fashion emergency item
Old 03-08-2011, 03:40 PM
Gentry

I think Letizia looks great, the minimalist look is very "in" right now and I think she nailed it. Love her hair, it does remind my of Rania's hair but more put together.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
That is strange indeed, Letizia has worn an order on every single of her State Dinner outfits so far, only this time it is missing.

yes, she did

Maybe Letizia forgot the brooch at home again and used the safety pin as a fashion emergency item
Yes, but that meant tha she have two her own brooches?

Or maybe she ask her mother-in-law and decide that two similar brooch will be too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
Agree. Although I don't think the safety style pin looks good on anyone, she had been given the diamond safety pin to wear, obviously the SRF didn't see anything wrong with it. The criticism would probably be louder if she wore a sash over a bare shoulder or underneath her top like some other young royals out there. It was a pity that her lovely off shoulder green top at the state dinner of Putin's visit to Spain has never been seen again.
Do you remember when Infanta Elena wore sash in her gown few years ago? It was something...
Yes, colourful green top was lovely Troonopvolgers!: Staatsbezoek Argentinie aan Spanje.
It remind me old historical gowns...
Old 03-08-2011, 04:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik
But we clearly see it...
Old 03-08-2011, 04:59 PM
Serene Highness

Liked Letizias look, although the other top is nicer than this one. Her Safety pin is inappropriate, and honestly I see no diamonds on it! Her hair looked 100 times better than Rania's, there's really no comparison there!
Old 03-08-2011, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

this link actually has a few comparison photos of the Letizia and QR's look:
Galería de Fotos: Letizia Ortiz y Rania de Jordania, como dos gotas de agua -- Mujerhoy.com --
Both styles are actually very similar and both meant to have the messy look.
Letizia also has a long, loose strand of hair at the back
The only difference is that QR's hair was piled high at the top while Letizia's is less structured. Both styles are okay, not my favourites though.
I think Letizia should've worn a different tiara with her hairstyle.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:30 PM
Courtier

Loved the overall look and, especially, Letizia's hair tonight. In general, I'm not a fan of short-sleeved formal gowns. I also think that Letizia looks best in column-dresses ... gives her a taller look. The full skirt kinda stumps her.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Rania's hair was also nice, the tiara was too small and got lost in her updo. The Prussian tiara is bigger and very angular, it actually looks good with a less severe, even a bit 'purposedly' messy hairdo.