Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 7: February 2011 - October 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have talked about this saftety for so many times, it's not an ordinary saftey pin, it has many small diamonds on it (the closeup was posted on this board too). Perhaps a family member gifted her to hold the sash since she wore it all the time.
Many designers have brought the T-shirt style top to the evening collections, I thought paring it with a puffy skirt is interesting, a mix of old fashion and modern look, the new hair style looked great on her, not as messy as Rania's at the Swedish wedding (perhaps Rania's hair got messsy since she walked outside).

I like Letizia's make-up and the hairdo. I always love her wearing her tiara with an updo.
Though I am actually disappointed... I really hoped to finally see her wearing her "new" tiara. ;)
The dress.. I don't like it. I prefer the version with the sleeveless top.

She would have looked fabulous had she worn the top you put a link too. What's with the safety pin? lol As DOM put it, how classy.

I have talked about this saftety for so many times, it's not an ordinary saftey pin, it has many small diamonds on it (the closeup was posted on this board too). Perhaps a family member gifted her to hold the sash since she wore it all the time.

Unless you take a magnifying glass you cant see what is supposed to be diamonds, and even a safety pin containing some mirco-sized diamonds is still a safety pin and looks embarrassing.

If next time a family member gifts Letizia some Mickey Mouse hairclips with diamonds, would it be ok to wear those at a state dinner because they contain diamonds and are a personal gift? :p

Its not about a gift or diamonds, its simply about suitability.

I am not so much a fan of her dress but her hair is too beautiful for words. She looks gorgeous ;)

I thought Letizia looked nice. Her hair reminds me a lot of some of Queen Rania's up-dos with tiaras, the loose curls and errant strands...very reminiscent of Rania's hair at the Swedish wedding in fact.

But Letizia's version is much better than Rania's.

Duke of Marmalade said:
Unless you take a magnifying glass you cant see what is supposed to be diamonds, and even a safety pin containing some mirco-sized diamonds is still a safety pin and looks embarrassing.

If next time a family member gifts Letizia some Mickey Mouse hairclips with diamonds, would it be ok to wear those at a state dinner because they contain diamonds and are a personal gift? :p

Its not about a gift or diamonds, its simply about suitability.

Agreed. Diamonds or not it's still a safety pin and looks cheap and tacky, very wrong for the Future Queen of Spain... sometimes I feel like Letizia has just given up fashion wise

Agreed. Diamonds or not it's still a safety pin and looks cheap and tacky, very wrong for the Future Queen of Spain... sometimes I feel like Letizia has just given up fashion wise
Why wearing safety pin is wrong for the Future Queen Consort of Spain?
I want know why she doesn't wear a breast star?
Comparing, why wearing smaller whooper tiara for CPss Victoria wasn't wrong for the Future Queen Regnant of Sweden?

Btw. did she have any other safty brooch, I dont' remember?

Last edited:
magnik said:
Why wearing safety pin is wrong for the Future Queen Consort of Spain?
Comparing, why wearing smaller whooper tiara for CPss Victoria wasn;t wrong for the Future Queen Regnant of Sweden?

Btw did she have any other safty brooch, I dont' remember?

Wearing a safety pin, diamonds or not, is wrong for anyone... She is a Princess she should have something classier, it's tacky! Tiara aren't tacky regardless of size, sorry a safety pin is always wrong (in fashion) unless used in a major fashion emergency

Wearing a safety pin, diamonds or not, is wrong for anyone... She is a Princess she should have something classier, it's tacky! Tiara aren't tacky regardless of size, sorry a safety pin is always wrong (in fashion) unless used in a major fashion emergency
Even if anyone else doesn't see it?

Sorry, but talk about safety pin is boring.
It will be on topic always when she will wear it no matter of that what people think or say.

Even if anyone else doesn't see it?

Sorry, but talk about safety pin is boring.
It will be on topic always when she will wear it no matter of that what people think or say.

Agree. Although I don't think the safety style pin looks good on anyone, she had been given the diamond safety pin to wear, obviously the SRF didn't see anything wrong with it. The criticism would probably be louder if she wore a sash over a bare shoulder or underneath her top like some other young royals out there. It was a pity that her lovely off shoulder green top at the state dinner of Putin's visit to Spain has never been seen again.

Last edited:
I think Letizia looks great, the minimalist look is very "in" right now and I think she nailed it. Love her hair, it does remind my of Rania's hair but more put together.

That is strange indeed, Letizia has worn an order on every single of her State Dinner outfits so far, only this time it is missing.

yes, she did
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/94...2A9FBE911087345A90D21F5E4682DE30A760B0D811297

Maybe Letizia forgot the brooch at home again and used the safety pin as a fashion emergency item ;)
Yes, but that meant tha she have two her own brooches?

Or maybe she ask her mother-in-law and decide that two similar brooch will be too much;)

Agree. Although I don't think the safety style pin looks good on anyone, she had been given the diamond safety pin to wear, obviously the SRF didn't see anything wrong with it. The criticism would probably be louder if she wore a sash over a bare shoulder or underneath her top like some other young royals out there. It was a pity that her lovely off shoulder green top at the state dinner of Putin's visit to Spain has never been seen again.
Do you remember when Infanta Elena wore sash in her gown few years ago? It was something...
Yes, colourful green top was lovely Troonopvolgers!: Staatsbezoek Argentinie aan Spanje.
It remind me old historical gowns...

Liked Letizias look, although the other top is nicer than this one. Her Safety pin is inappropriate, and honestly I see no diamonds on it! Her hair looked 100 times better than Rania's, there's really no comparison there!

this link actually has a few comparison photos of the Letizia and QR's look:
Galería de Fotos: Letizia Ortiz y Rania de Jordania, como dos gotas de agua -- Mujerhoy.com --
Both styles are actually very similar and both meant to have the messy look.
Letizia also has a long, loose strand of hair at the back
The only difference is that QR's hair was piled high at the top while Letizia's is less structured. Both styles are okay, not my favourites though.
I think Letizia should've worn a different tiara with her hairstyle.

Loved the overall look and, especially, Letizia's hair tonight. In general, I'm not a fan of short-sleeved formal gowns. I also think that Letizia looks best in column-dresses ... gives her a taller look. The full skirt kinda stumps her.

Rania's hair was also nice, the tiara was too small and got lost in her updo. The Prussian tiara is bigger and very angular, it actually looks good with a less severe, even a bit 'purposedly' messy hairdo.

Once again I don't really know what to say about Letizia's evening look.

On the one hand the black combination looks quite modern from a far point of view. But when you close up - it's just a T-shirt, that you can get here for 30€ !

Her hair is really nice this time, because her face doesn't look that much starved as it usually does with tiara - but on the other hand it's party hair and doesn't fit a tiara !!!

But she has worn worse looks - so let's say it's a C.

I agree seraphine that the top looks too casual for the skirt. It brings the overall formal look down a notch.

A big NO for the cheap TShirt!
I do not like the hair+tiara - too much hollywood look...

I like this, I could point out some things, like why when you have so many lovely earrings are you wearing those stars....again! But the hair is different and shes smiling in a few photos, so I'm going to stick with I like it!!!

I like this, I could point out some things, like why when you have so many lovely earrings are you wearing those stars....again! But the hair is different and shes smiling in a few photos, so I'm going to stick with I like it!!!
Her hair is definitely different and awesome even with this tiara. I love the curly ends and the whole composition. The great plus of Letizia is simplicity which I keep repeating and although this ensemble isn't of my dreams I like the whole look :flowers:

Wonderful? Elegant? Huh???

She looks like she grabbed a cheap t-shirt and paired it with a somewhat matching (but too short) skirt to put together an outfit that makes her look like a little girl playing dress-up. . . bizarrely complete with tiara.

I don't understand why someone doesn't tell her (since she seems unable or unwilling to notice) how inappropriate many of her outfits are for such occasions.
It is not totally an inappropriate outfit. I've just spotted the detail that the top is somehow organised and matched with what sticks out at the bottom of the dress.
What sometimes looks cheap doesn't have to be cheap or tacky. That is my opinion.

She doesn't make me think of a little playing girl but in fact of a doll like in this picture for example. (Don't you get the same impression?).
Her hairdo and make-up are utterly marvellous and to my liking.

Last edited:
I had a genuine ambivalence towards Crown Princess Letizia's outfit. On the one hand, the black is viewed as an elegant and fashionable colour. The skirt appears to fit Crown Princess Letizia well. On the other hand, there is something missing about the total look.

Letizia at the gala dinner in honour of Charles and Camilla
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife
The dress is beautiful, I have always liked it. Red suits Letizia so well. Nice to see her hair done. It´s great that she has become experimental with her gala hairdos.

Last edited:
She looks good,but I really wish she'd wear a little more jewelry.The minimal look has become boring!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom