The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 09:54 PM
Nobility

I love her hair up, it's such a nice change from the way she usually wears it. The dress is nice, too.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:13 PM
Nobility

She does not look creepy. She looks wonderful. I've never seen her hair made like it is. It transforms her whole face and added with the eyeliner and makeup, it sends me off into grace. There's a color and a twist of wisdom to her eyes that leave me wishing for more of her and her vision. I simply love her hairdo. I am left with no words. It speaks for itself. Long may she reign.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:30 PM
Royal Highness

I really like her hair, but that's about it. Not a fan of the dress at all.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:24 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella5x View Post
Simple but elegant dress. Very nice. Lovely hairdo.
I think she looks great. Love her hair.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Wonderful make-up.
Zimbio
Zimbio
Zimbio
Zimbio
Side view of the hairdo.
Zimbio
Old 03-08-2011, 12:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Agree. I also think that it must be easier for someone as petite as Letizia to wear seperate pieces . The one-piece dress probably takes more fittings which takes up her time. Her tiara also looks better with a fuller hair-do.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:43 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

I thought Letizia looked nice. Her hair reminds me a lot of some of Queen Rania's up-dos with tiaras, the loose curls and errant strands...very reminiscent of Rania's hair at the Swedish wedding in fact.
Old 03-08-2011, 02:01 AM
Courtier

Her hair is gorgeous done up this way. Makes it look more fuller instead of stringy.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don´t like the dress. I´ve never liked that skirt, but with the top is just awful and looks cheap.
I´m not so sure about the hairdo, at least is an updo and looks better with a tiara than her usual open hair. The side view is better than the front one, IMO.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 03-08-2011, 03:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Love the hair and makeup. I'm glad she finally found a nice hairdo to suit this Prussian Tiara that is too angular for a more severe updo. The skirt is from an old dress of Caprile, not the best design of his.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...bh3Jd/x610.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...ZpbKX/x610.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...Pi0sX/x610.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...8TdTa/610x.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...307yg/x610.jpg
Old 03-08-2011, 03:23 AM

Completely Inappropriate

Wonderful? Elegant? Huh???

She looks like she grabbed a cheap t-shirt and paired it with a somewhat matching (but too short) skirt to put together an outfit that makes her look like a little girl playing dress-up. . . bizarrely complete with tiara.

I don't understand why someone doesn't tell her (since she seems unable or unwilling to notice) how inappropriate many of her outfits are for such occasions.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I agree. She looks very lovely. Wonderful hair style and make-up.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

I love the skirt & the puffiness of it, it also fits nicely IMO. Not sure about the t-shirt with embroidery, looks very odd for such an event. I know its a fashionable thing as fashion designers such as Oscar de la Renta has done it so has Jason Wu but that does not mean it princess appropriate.

I do love the hair, it's such a nice change to the latest hair-do's of soft curls.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:41 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Letizia was very nice yesterday. I like the skirt but maybe I would have preferred a different style for the top of the outfit. Hairdo and make up were really lovely.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:42 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

I like Letizia's make-up and the hairdo. I always love her wearing her tiara with an updo.
Though I am actually disappointed... I really hoped to finally see her wearing her "new" tiara.
The dress.. I don't like it. I prefer the version with the sleeveless top.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:02 AM
Aristocracy

I am ambivalent about her look. At least she tried to look festive, not her usual business look, but the skirt and t-shirt look strange together and her hair look messy. I like updos with tiara, but not this. Looks very much like Rania´s style, I agree, but I have never liked her style.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:18 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Letizia tonight at a gala dinner in honour of the president of Chile.
Daylife
Daylife
The dress is too ordinary for this occasion. She looks very beautiful, though and her hairdo is nice.
I like the bottom part of the dress, and while I'm happy she wore her hair up, it still doesn't really hit the spot for me. She looks okay, but not amazing.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:53 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
I like the skirt, but the top is a bit ordinary. Also, is it just me or does that sash look extremely broad for Letizia's shoulders? And is she wearing a safety pin?
Love the hair, though and make up is as always perfect.
yes, safety pin is there, how classy
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...l9uuaUxv3l.jpg

I like the hair for a change, the updo looks nice and thankfully is different to the usual SJP look, curls with middle parting. Make-up is really nice but the everday-wear earrings dont come up to the occasion. So doesnt the rest. Neither the cheap looking t-shirt nor the too short skirt can honestly be called "gala wear".
As usual, the choice of shoes is odd
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...QgYPRdZGFl.jpg

The lack of decent jewellery is really striking. Its ridiculous to blame it on the crisis. Everybody knows Letizia owns jewellery, why not wear it? For example her diamond wedding earrings are classy but hardly over the top for such an occasion. Same goes for a decent replacement for the safety pin, the small fleur-de-lys pin, or some bracelets.

You either are a princess or you are not. Apart from the tiara, Letizia rather looks like a dressed up housewife.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:56 AM
Nobility

The safety pin is just weird. I am not as interested in Letitzia as I am in other CPs, but I'm not disinterested, either, and I always think she is well turned out. But the safety pin is just bizarre...
Old 03-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Royal Highness

About the dress - from first sitting pictures I was thinking that she is wearing simple, fitting to the body dress with details on the top but later I saw mismatched skirt and top, I don't like it. I agree with Her_Majesty than previous version was better, this one looks odd, shame because I love her hairstyle and make-up, it's different than usual and suits her a lot.
I don't like these shoes with that gown. Overall not bad I'm not very impressed.