Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 6: June 2010 - February 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care for the jacket with the dress and the dress would be nice if it had a different skirt instead of the balloon type. Balloon styles don't look good on any figure at all.:flowers:

I like both the jacket and the dress, but not together.
The shoe
Profimedia
Side view
Profimedia

I really like the balloon effect idea & surely she can pull it off but that dress cut is very unflattering & ill-fitting from the waist area.
It does not work with that leather jacket.
Hair looks really good.

I liked the dress and its metallic shade, it was a pleasant change, IMO. I'm not too fond of this leather jacket - even if she had to wear it, she should have paired it with jeans on another (private) occasion. The letizios look like every other pair of letizios she owns - nothing new here. :p

I do like the dress - modern and well for her body shape.
Unfortunately it looks bad with the jacket and shoes. Very bad looking combination :eek:

I had hoped to never see this shiny satin balloon sack again, especially not worn with an odd black leather jacket looking as if it belonged to a 1980s pop singer.
A truly dreadful combination, IMO.

I second that. The jacket is so ugly. I dont like balloon skirts in general, although Letizia can pull them off better than, lets say, Maxima.
The combo looks vile, 2011 is still young but this one could end up in the top 3 of worst looks of the year.

Balloon dresses are for fashion victims. Woman with real style would not even consider such a thing.

donnaK said:
Since Letizia is very thin, she looked pretty good in a balloon dress. The dress is cute and funky on its own, it didn't go with the leather jacket that should be paired with trousers.

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/1906/359zp7t.jpg

I like this dress on her....she is very thin and the balloon dresses give her more substance IMO.

I think I am bored with Letizia. And I think she is bored with herself. It seems as if she has lost the "zest" she used to have. At the majority of her events lately, she looks like she is either bored to death, or would rather be any other place in the world. Her clothes looks as if she could not care less about looking a certain way. Her hair is drab, her clothes are drab, her personality is drab....I wonder what is going on with her? I wish the old "Leti" would make an apperance now and again. Until she does, I'll go in search of other "brighter" royals! She just brings me down lately!

I think I am bored with Letizia. And I think she is bored with herself. It seems as if she has lost the "zest" she used to have. At the majority of her events lately, she looks like she is either bored to death, or would rather be any other place in the world. Her clothes looks as if she could not care less about looking a certain way. Her hair is drab, her clothes are drab, her personality is drab....I wonder what is going on with her? I wish the old "Leti" would make an apperance now and again. Until she does, I'll go in search of other "brighter" royals! She just brings me down lately!

ITA she seems still deeply in love with her husband but I guess the life of a royal princess isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Last edited:
I agree with you sesa and dbarn67, looks like Letizia just isn't in to the whole thing. While I know there are major economic issues in Spain and everywhere, I would think the Royal Family would try to put on good (not estatic ) but good appearances.. Or what is there purpose anyway!

I like both the jacket and the dress, but not together.
The shoe
Profimedia
Side view
Profimedia

I agree, LadyFinn. The jacket and the dress don't match AT ALL! Awful combo. But I have to say that I like the dress and even the jacket separately. The shoes, aren't pretty, as usual...

I like the dress (except for the botton part) I like the leather jacket, maybe not with this dress but I don't think the combination was awful. Hair and make-up look wonderful as always.

She has always been interacting with people from various sectors rather well at the events. She was very kind to the old owner who walked rather slowly with a cane at last night's event. She is not a jolly (like Maxima), or always seeking cameras, it doesn't mean she is bored.
I wish she would buy more new clothes from Spanish designers (even from Felipe Varela lots of people don't like) since she doesn't seem to know how to choose clothes from Mango or Zara, get her hair professionally done once a while. I guess she didn't do that mainly because of the financial crisis in Spain now.

I like the dress but agreed the jacket did not go with it. The shoes are same old, same old...

Not a fan of the jacket, and the waist and bottom band make the dress look like two bodice's sewn together, imo!

Omg! Nobody should wear a balloon dress. Nobody.

Forgive my ignorance but what exactly is a balloon dress?

Opal I was referring to the grey dress she wore which is the first one that is shown in the link from msg. #379 on the previous page. It kinda looks like a balloon.

^^
Oh, I see now. Thanks for clarifying.

First reaction: SHINY SILVER PANTS_COOL!
Second reaction: Shoes-meh, still like the pants and jacket.

This outfit would have been great with different pants, they are awful. The jacket and blouse are lovely.
Daylife

Last edited:
Since Letizia is very thin, she looked pretty good in a balloon dress. The dress is cute and funky on its own, it didn't go with the leather jacket that should be paired with trousers.

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/1906/359zp7t.jpg

I agree that it is a balloon dress. :lol: The top of this dress is nice but the skirt is weird.:ermm: I like Letizia's shoes though.
I'm not crazy about her curls; she looks better with wavy or straight hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom