Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 6: June 2010 - February 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Letizia and Felipe visited yesterday evening Seville to inaugurate the Historic Archive of Official Economic Chamber of Seville and preside the Second Edition of "Economic Sevillian Night".
Profimedia
Daylife
Profimedia
Diario de Sevilla
Shoes
Profimedia
The dress is lovely, she looks gorgeous and beautiful. For once her hair is nice too. But the shoes are awful.

I thought Letizia looks amazing!

What does housewife-ish mean? Besides, there is nothing wrong being a housewife.

That's another thing that botered me in Duke of Marmalade comment. Being a housewife doesn't mean someone looks bad. I was a housewife for several years. I took Duke of Marmalade's comment personally.

That's another thing that botered me in Duke of Marmalade comment. Being a housewife doesn't mean someone looks bad. I was a housewife for several years. I took Duke of Marmalade's comment personally.

I'm a housewife now, and I don't take the comment personally! Come on, ladies, this is a thread about Letizia'a Eveningwear. No one should be internalizing anything that someone else says about how Letizia is dressed. :flowers: It doesn't have anything to do with any of us.

I'm a housewife now, and I don't take the comment personally! Come on, ladies, this is a thread about Letizia'a Eveningwear. No one should be internalizing anything that someone else says about how Letizia is dressed. :flowers: It doesn't have anything to do with any of us.
One can comment about the dress but to criticize the shape of a thin person in such an low class way is not acceptable. Stick to the clothes and stop the degrading of the person's shape. People tried to do the same to Audrey Hepburn and Jackie Kennedy [same shape as Letizia] but that didn't hold water either................plus they were usually the stout ones finding fault. You are correct, this is a thread about Letizia's Eveningwear only, not her shape. Non PC discriptions are never correct or should be permitted [even if they do think they are so funny making them].

One can comment about the dress but to criticize the shape of a thin person in such an low class way is not acceptable. Stick to the clothes and stop the degrading of the person's shape. People tried to do the same to Audrey Hepburn and Jackie Kennedy [same shape as Letizia] but that didn't hold water either................plus they were usually the stout ones finding fault. You are correct, this is a thread about Letizia's Eveningwear only, not her shape. Non PC discriptions are never correct or should be permitted [even if they do think they are so funny making them].

I agree about the Audrey Hepburn, Jackie Kennedy look. Letizia is that way. They are legends of their class and style in the eyes of many women. Just think how many people still talk about them to this day wishing they could be like them in so many ways. Letizia is a beautiful woman. Her eyes alone prove that. She is going to make a wonderful Queen one day. Time to let it go and move on to fashion only. I am really sick of hearing each time their is a post about how thin she is. We all realize this fully.

The black dress is one of the best Ltizia has ever worn. I love it.
What a shame that the shoes don´t match.

I don't know that it's possible to not bring up Letizia's shape. She has always been trim, sure, but not to this extent. How can it not be commented on?

I honestly took the housewife comment to be aimed at the "Desperate Housewives" or the "NJ Housewives" or whatever that TV show is called. That's my take! I don't speak for DOM, certainly, and I'm not trying to. Just saying as an at home mom, I wasn't the least bit offended, and that's how I took it.

Of course it's possible. What she wears is what she wears, how she looks (skinny, bonny, fat, oveweighted) has nothing to do with what clothes she wears. It's her personal thing, if she prefers to be skinny, skinnier, or will go overweighted. Nobody has the right to make fun of her because of that.

Let me ask you: if Letizia would be fat and people would try to comment on her shape, do you honestly think it would go by?

That's your take, mine was towars all housewifes. I don't know what those shows you mentioned are.

Of course it's possible. What she wears is what she wears, how she looks (skinny, bonny, fat, oveweighted) has nothing to do with what clothes she wears. It's her personal thing, if she prefers to be skinny, skinnier, or will go overweighted. Nobody has the right to make fun of her because of that.

Let me ask you: if Letizia would be fat and people would try to comment on her shape, do you honestly think it would go by?

That's your take, mine was towars all housewifes. I don't know what those shows you mentioned are.

How she looks has everything to do with her weight and body shape.
If Letizia wears a dress or outfit that doesn't suit her body, of course we're going to mention this. Who say's we're making fun of her?

Considering Letizia isn't fat or overweight we don't know how that would happen. But if Letizia was overweight and she wore an outfit that didn't suit her body, I would mention it.

And a side note: You've never heard of the show Desperate Housewives? When it originates from the USA?

If a poster thinks that Letizia looks too skinny in the outfit she wears that it is there right to say so.
If the bony arms are on show because of the dress she wears, and a poster thinks she should cover up her arms because they don't look very favourable in this specific dress then that's their opinion.

And see my comment above.

It is also our right to say we are tired of hearing the same thing over and over. It has been said enough times we know exactly how she feels. Time to let it go, move on and discuss fashion only not her body. I do not think any of us have a right to discuss anyone else's body. None of us are perfect. You can say her dress does not suit her and not have to speak about her arms or legs. These threads are about the clothes not a body shape and what some find unattractive. I think her black dress was beautiful on her. I just did not care for her shoes. That is all that needs to be said. The other comments were unnecessary and unneeded. Now may we move on.

The outfit she wore on her birthday and the girls starting school was beautiful on her. She looked just wonderful. The girls are so cute in their matching outfits. I am glad to hear they are both adjusting so well to being in school. Leonore is very protective of her little sister.

Last edited by a moderator:
Photos of the dress:
DiarioFemenino

She looks stunning. :flowers:
I like everything: the dress, the hair, the jewelles, the smile, the woman...the husband :w00t: ALL
And the bonny arms and knees :blush: this is Letizia . She always was skinny (I don't think she is trying...she is very slim without effort) she always will be slim. Get over it and find something interesting to say about her : good or bad:whistling:.

She looks stunning. :flowers:
I like everything: the dress, the hair, the jewelles, the smile, the woman...the husband :w00t: ALL
And the bonny arms and knees :blush: this is Letizia . She always was skinny (I don't think she is trying...she is very slim without effort) she always will be slim. Get over it and find something interesting to say about her : good or bad:whistling:.

The dress is beautiful, very elegant. I also like earrings and bracelet. I think she looked great.

That´s really a good point, Cinderella ;)

I am skinny but I eat like a horse. It is unfortunate that some of us cannot seem to gain weight no matter how hard we try. Posters with "just right" bodies are lucky so they should go easy on their comments on people who are not as lucky as they are.

Letizia looks good. I like her hair curly this way instead of straight. It softens her look.
I like her shoes.

I'll never get why there's always quite a tense atmosphere in the Letizia threads. Some members always take some messages personal in nearly all threads... beside that I really have to say that I adored Letizia's black dress (or is it dark blue?) Her hair was great and her jewels too. Ok the shoes could have been better but the creme colored heels are not too bad. I think the colour worked with the dress.

Letizia looked fantastic! Love the hair. I don't mind the shoes since they are nude coloured anyway and don't stand out much.

The dress is very pretty, ruffles adds the ferminine touch. I actually think only thin and small boned women like Letizia could wear ruffles well. The style of the curls is quite forward looking, I don't see any housewife look in her new hairstyle this time.

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/5294/profimedia0079114202.jpg
http://www.diezminutos.es/var/dm/st...3/416241-1-esl-ES/cole13_portrait_galeria.jpg
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/2404/104113394.jpg

Lovely dress, I also like the jewelry very much. As to the hair - I'm glad she did something different with it and I think that curls look lovely on her. But these curls... I'm afraid I have to agree with the housewife comment. ;) In some pictures it looked as if it was a bit too much.

A few posts have been deleted, this is a fashion thread & everyone is entitled to their opinion on fashion & no comment/post should be taken personal nor should the fashion thread be a thread to discuss Princess Letizia's weight issue's.

If a member thinks a post is personal then resolving it with the poster via PM would be the ideal thing.

Further posts which do not discuss Princess Letizia's evening wear will be edited/deleted without notice.​

Thanks

I thought Letizia's last look with the black dress was lovely and so was her hair.

Well the black dress was no big deal, but her hair made everything for her. I really love it.

The dress is very pretty, ruffles adds the ferminine touch. I actually think only thin and small boned women like Letizia could wear ruffles well. The style of the curls is quite forward looking, I don't see any housewife look in her new hairstyle this time.

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/5294/profimedia0079114202.jpg
http://www.diezminutos.es/var/dm/st...3/416241-1-esl-ES/cole13_portrait_galeria.jpg
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/2404/104113394.jpg

Glamorous, glorious, just fabulous. Leti has an air of Hollywood that makes her stand out and I adore her for this. Blonde hair and black what a fab contrast!

The dress is very pretty but the color doesn't do much for the Spanish CP. But she looks amazing in it though. Kudos to Letizia!

I like her hair and dresses color. For some reason she appears radiant and with a smile that only leaves you guessing if her day went fine. It must be great to attend to all those visits and feel or know that the people love and share approval for you. Even if they are only little kids three feet tall. :lol: Just kidding. She's charming with children, although of course they are like a spell. Very warming and abounding. Good luck wherever Letizia may bestow.

She looked very nice, love the dress and the color. The soft layers work nicely. Loved the hair, very Hollywood & glamorous, it does suit her well this style. Disappointed that she had to wear the shoes she did since they are very daytime/casual looking for that dress.

Very pretty dress and fits perfectly. The color, or lack of it, makes her fade into the woodwork, however. Those shoes!

This nude coloured dress looks wonderful on Letizia - it fits her like a glove and really shows off her figure.
I think the shoes are fine with it.

Very, very nice. Letizia looks chic and elegant, no complaints from me.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom