Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 6: June 2010 - February 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looked beautiful, nothing tacky about the outfit. She is a young woman and can pull it off.
Totally agree !!!!!!!!!!
A modern princess and queen should dress modernly.

I love Letizia but I find this a very poor choice - be her a Crownprincess or not.

Totally agree !!!!!!!!!!
A modern princess and queen should dress modernly.

A modern princess and future queen should dress modern, BUT she should also take into consideration that she is a princess and future queen when deciding what to wear. She doesn't look like she is "with" her husband or a part of a royal family most of the time. He is in suits or military uniform, and she looks like she's making a quick stop on her way to a club or lunch with friends.

Even if the dress was longer, it still looked like a nightgown. All I am getting is a disturbing Jennifer Aniston/professional Lolita feeling about Letizia, who hits 40 in a couple of years but dresses like the dolls her daughters are playing with. I wonder if she calls Felipe "Daddy" at home :p

I understand what you are saying, although I might not have worded it that way!:flowers: Letizia no longer looks like she is her husband's equal. And she very much did in the beginning. Now she looks and dresses like a waif, a teen age girl most daysl. Not someone who is close to 40 and married to the heir to the throne.

Last edited by a moderator:
Queen Sofia also wore a more casual outfit at the same event so I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Queen Sofia also wore a more casual outfit at the same event so I don't think it's that big of a deal.

That's right. She wore a black mini dress a few years ago. That was the end of the summer celebration dinner, not a state event, clothes can be more relaxed style. Her mother-in-law was wearing a pajama ;).

Other than the dress being a bit short I think it was a lovely outfit.
Her shoes are awesome! Maybe she has finally moved on from the platforms.

Nice for red carpet.
It is more shocking than Eva Sannum in MM wedding, with the deep decollete in the back!

No, it is not. She has nothing in common with Eva Sannum. She looked nice for a dinner in Mallorca.

I would say that it's worse than Eva Sannum's because Eva back then was not the future Queen of Spain, and Letizia without any doubt has much more class and poise than Eva! I usually don't comment on things I don't like but this time I am really shocked. This dress is super short, and cut tight to the body without any sleeves. There is something very undecent in the way she chose to wear that belt and God those strape sandals...you can't get more unclassy than that, pick any bad quality magazines featuring wannabe stars with a very bad taste: they all have shoes like that.

Outfits of Infanta Elena (mismatched ensemble) and Crown Princess Letizia (Zara's Lanvin generic top) are not my cup of tea. I am not keen on Crown Princess Letizia's tan and will never understand people voluntarily frying themselves. The best part of the photo is Infanta Elena's Chanel bag (I am not sure it is Chanel, but it does look like one).

Even if the dress was longer, it still looked like a nightgown. All I am getting is a disturbing Jennifer Aniston/professional Lolita feeling about Letizia, who hits 40 in a couple of years but dresses like the dolls her daughters are playing with. I wonder if she calls Felipe "Daddy" at home :p

Duke of Marmalade sick but probably true. Princess Letizia either hits or misses. I believe she does not know how a Princess should dress when she misses so often in fashion. I think she is 20 pounds underweight too.:ermm:

Outfits of Infanta Elena (mismatched ensemble) and Crown Princess Letizia (Zara's Lanvin generic top) are not my cup of tea. I am not keen on Crown Princess Letizia's tan and will never understand people voluntarily frying themselves. The best part of the photo is Infanta Elena's Chanel bag (I am not sure it is Chanel, but it does look like one).

Her tan could be from a bottle:flowers: We don't know if she fried herself.

Nice to see them together! Who is Victoria?

When I stay at the sea during my holidays I get tanned too, even if I don´t fry myself.

The blue top is from Adolfo Dominguez and has been worn a few times this year

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_vnePtJdCZ...-infanta-elena-victoria-federica-00$599x0.jpg

I think Letizia looked stunning in the grey dress .. It's true though that when considering she is a future queen, maybe it was a bit too short, but IMO you can't dispute that she looked amazing ;)

Really like the Swan Lake outfit too.

Gorgeous! She was by far the best dressed at that wedding!

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't be. We all have questions and the only way to find out is to ask.:flowers: After seeing Letizia in the blue top that she wore for the ballet, I think she needs to retire it for a while. She's worn it a lot.;)

I would say that it's worse than Eva Sannum's because Eva back then was not the future Queen of Spain, and Letizia without any doubt has much more class and poise than Eva! I usually don't comment on things I don't like but this time I am really shocked. This dress is super short, and cut tight to the body without any sleeves. There is something very undecent in the way she chose to wear that belt and God those strape sandals...you can't get more unclassy than that, pick any bad quality magazines featuring wannabe stars with a very bad taste: they all have shoes like that.

You have expressed EXACTLY my thoughts!

Why would anyone want to compare a state wedding to a relaxed summer end dinner in an island ? Letizia was not the only one wearing a short skirt there.

the blue one-shoulder top is pretty with the white slacks.

Seems to be quite a see-through top but it looks nice.

It was a private event, right?
So the looks great - the top is pretty.

She looks very nice. The top is pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom