The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 03:28 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsh1n3 View Post
She looked beautiful, nothing tacky about the outfit. She is a young woman and can pull it off.
Totally agree !!!!!!!!!!
A modern princess and queen should dress modernly.

Old 09-02-2010, 06:05 AM
Aristocracy

I love Letizia but I find this a very poor choice - be her a Crownprincess or not.

Old 09-02-2010, 06:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I find the dress very beautiful with lovely colour.
Huffington Post
Close up of the shoes:
Profimedia
The purse:
Profimedia
Nice for red carpet.
NOT SUITABLE for a future Queen!!!! Not at all.

It is more shocking than Eva Sannum in MM wedding, with the deep decollete in the back!
Old 09-02-2010, 11:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water View Post
Totally agree !!!!!!!!!!
A modern princess and queen should dress modernly.
A modern princess and future queen should dress modern, BUT she should also take into consideration that she is a princess and future queen when deciding what to wear. She doesn't look like she is "with" her husband or a part of a royal family most of the time. He is in suits or military uniform, and she looks like she's making a quick stop on her way to a club or lunch with friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Even if the dress was longer, it still looked like a nightgown. All I am getting is a disturbing Jennifer Aniston/professional Lolita feeling about Letizia, who hits 40 in a couple of years but dresses like the dolls her daughters are playing with. I wonder if she calls Felipe "Daddy" at home
I understand what you are saying, although I might not have worded it that way! Letizia no longer looks like she is her husband's equal. And she very much did in the beginning. Now she looks and dresses like a waif, a teen age girl most daysl. Not someone who is close to 40 and married to the heir to the throne.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:23 PM
Courtier

Queen Sofia also wore a more casual outfit at the same event so I don't think it's that big of a deal.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by blujean View Post
Queen Sofia also wore a more casual outfit at the same event so I don't think it's that big of a deal.
That's right. She wore a black mini dress a few years ago. That was the end of the summer celebration dinner, not a state event, clothes can be more relaxed style. Her mother-in-law was wearing a pajama .
Old 09-02-2010, 06:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Other than the dress being a bit short I think it was a lovely outfit.
Her shoes are awesome! Maybe she has finally moved on from the platforms.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
It is more shocking than Eva Sannum in MM wedding, with the deep decollete in the back!
I would hardly call her grey dress shocking.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:54 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
I would hardly call her grey dress shocking.
I wouldn't call it that either, it's a wonderful summer dress and Letizia looks nice in it.
You can hardly compare this dress to the one Eva wore.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:58 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Nice for red carpet.
No, it is not. She has nothing in common with Eva Sannum. She looked nice for a dinner in Mallorca.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:27 AM
Aristocracy

I would say that it's worse than Eva Sannum's because Eva back then was not the future Queen of Spain, and Letizia without any doubt has much more class and poise than Eva! I usually don't comment on things I don't like but this time I am really shocked. This dress is super short, and cut tight to the body without any sleeves. There is something very undecent in the way she chose to wear that belt and God those strape sandals...you can't get more unclassy than that, pick any bad quality magazines featuring wannabe stars with a very bad taste: they all have shoes like that.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:03 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

http://noticias.terra.es/2010/mundo/...rica$599x0.jpg trip to the ballet Swan Lake with Elena and Victoria - repeat blue satin top and white trousers

Old 09-05-2010, 08:57 PM
Majesty

Outfits of Infanta Elena (mismatched ensemble) and Crown Princess Letizia (Zara's Lanvin generic top) are not my cup of tea. I am not keen on Crown Princess Letizia's tan and will never understand people voluntarily frying themselves. The best part of the photo is Infanta Elena's Chanel bag (I am not sure it is Chanel, but it does look like one).
Old 09-05-2010, 11:33 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Even if the dress was longer, it still looked like a nightgown. All I am getting is a disturbing Jennifer Aniston/professional Lolita feeling about Letizia, who hits 40 in a couple of years but dresses like the dolls her daughters are playing with. I wonder if she calls Felipe "Daddy" at home
Duke of Marmalade sick but probably true. Princess Letizia either hits or misses. I believe she does not know how a Princess should dress when she misses so often in fashion. I think she is 20 pounds underweight too.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:34 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
http://noticias.terra.es/2010/mundo/...rica$599x0.jpg trip to the ballet Swan Lake with Elena and Victoria - repeat blue satin top and white trousers
I think she looks good here, and this blows the theories she hated the infantas out of the water! :p
Old 09-06-2010, 12:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Outfits of Infanta Elena (mismatched ensemble) and Crown Princess Letizia (Zara's Lanvin generic top) are not my cup of tea. I am not keen on Crown Princess Letizia's tan and will never understand people voluntarily frying themselves. The best part of the photo is Infanta Elena's Chanel bag (I am not sure it is Chanel, but it does look like one).

Her tan could be from a bottle We don't know if she fried herself.

Nice to see them together! Who is Victoria?
Old 09-06-2010, 01:50 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
Her tan could be from a bottle We don't know if she fried herself.

Nice to see them together! Who is Victoria?
I would say Victoria is Infanta Elena's daughter.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:22 AM
Aristocracy

When I stay at the sea during my holidays I get tanned too, even if I donīt fry myself.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:35 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post

The blue top is from Adolfo Dominguez and has been worn a few times this year

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_vnePtJdCZc...00%24599x0.jpg

Old 09-06-2010, 10:38 AM
Courtier

I think Letizia looked stunning in the grey dress .. It's true though that when considering she is a future queen, maybe it was a bit too short, but IMO you can't dispute that she looked amazing

Really like the Swan Lake outfit too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post

Gorgeous! She was by far the best dressed at that wedding!