The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 05:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melibea View Post
If Caprile was unhappy because she altered the silver dress I can understand him, the result was too terrible for words. And the people will connect his name with the disaster.

The nude dress was ok, better than I expected from Varela but not a great design anyway. I would be surprised if she wore any of the two dresses for another gala, but who knows?
Caprile did the structural alternation himself back in 2005, the lace added later didn't make much difference, the big difference was the big necklace Letizia wore back in 2005 that changed the whole look of the mediocre alternation done by Caprile himself.
I think Letizia will recycle a lot of the two dresses from Varela this time, much like the blue dress. The red dress can be worn to most of non tiara events, the nude dress although is a bit boring for a wedding will be a very nice dress for a state visit.

Old 07-04-2010, 10:20 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
A lesser designer gets ahead of a better one during the last 2 years (esp. after the French state visit), isn't it more of the reason for jealousy ?

The third alternation had no structural change, only added embroidery laces, Letizia's chambermaid probably could do that, no need to contact Caprile, let alone a row with him regarding the alternation. More likely Caprile was a bit bitter that the red dress he made for Letizia at that time wasn't worn for the French state visit due to being the same color as Sofia's red Valentino gown, this time Letizia wore a similar color dress as Sofia's from Varela at Victoria's wedding.

I cant seem to recall the second red dress that you mention that Caprille designed round the time of the French visit

Old 07-05-2010, 03:24 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
I cant seem to recall the second red dress that you mention that Caprille designed round the time of the French visit

probably this one, worn at the indian state visit.
http://www4.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/S...Q5LNgjt3Ol.jpg
Old 07-05-2010, 01:56 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
probably this one, worn at the indian state visit.
http://www4.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/S...Q5LNgjt3Ol.jpg

Ok thank you i had forgotten about that dress and had probably assumed it was by Varela rather than Caprille

Old 07-05-2010, 08:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, that's the red dress and the press all said it was made by Caprile. The Indian state visit was only one week earlier than the French state visit. I thought Leti swapped the two dresses at the last minute long ago. The embroidery lace and sequences added to her grey gown really resembled those on an Indian sari.

Why always blamed Leti ? She should wear another recycled dress at Vicky's wedding ? Sofia is a 70+ years old woman, I doubt it really matters to most people (press included) which Valentino gown (new or old) she wore. I think Leti made the right decision to stick to her new Varela dress, she should have done that at the French state visit too (that probably would have made Caprile happy too) IMO.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:04 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Letizia at the pre-wedding cocktail party in Spetses wearing a lovely white top with silver embroidery. Fab outfit (will fuel some pregnacy rumours though ). Not a fan of Felipes white jeans.
http://1.2.3.10/bmi/cache.daylife.co...QlcJW/x610.jpg
Full view
http://1.2.3.13/bmi/cache.daylife.co...1IbFs/610x.jpg
Old 08-24-2010, 04:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

Beautiful top and nice outfit, as casual as the parents of the groom wore. Letizia looks lovely.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:03 PM
Heir Apparent

I am not keen on the ensemble and tan. The hairstyle was great though.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Letizia at the pre-wedding cocktail party in Spetses wearing a lovely white top with silver embroidery. Fab outfit (will fuel some pregnacy rumours though ). Not a fan of Felipes white jeans.
http://1.2.3.10/bmi/cache.daylife.co...QlcJW/x610.jpg
Full view
http://1.2.3.13/bmi/cache.daylife.co...1IbFs/610x.jpg
It's relaxed Miditerranean style, don't see why the rumors should get started. Inaki and Felipe wore the same style of pants.

(I couldn't open your links).
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...eE3pV/x610.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...IN2U7/x610.jpg
Old 08-24-2010, 05:36 PM
Nobility

What a lovely outfit. Letizia really looks amazing in white! I love the whole thing, the blouse is especially pretty.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love the top, it´s beautiful and summery, and I like those wide pants on her, they look so much better than the tight ones she usually wears.
Btw, I don´t understand why pregnancy rumours should start because of this outfit, I think it isn´t especially wide to seem a maternity outfit, plus she looks as thin as always

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 08-25-2010, 02:42 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

Nice, simple outfitt.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:57 AM
Aristocracy

suits the informal cocktail party, simple and fresh, carrys out the style of mediterranean sea. a good choice
Old 08-25-2010, 03:29 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

It's a nice and appropriate outfit for this rather casual and yet chic event.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:02 AM
Nobility

Lovely, elegant outfit!
Old 08-25-2010, 05:20 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Letizia was one of the better dressed ladies IMO. I like her tan against the white outfit. Her pants seem to fit perfectly, top is just very pretty. She actually got the whole look right.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:31 AM
Moderator Emeritus

I think the outfit was simple, casual and lovely. I agree that white looks great on Letizia when she's tanned (well, and also in general ).
Here's another lovely picture: http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...CGcOy/x610.jpg
I like how the clutch matches the ornaments on the top.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm not sure I would classify Letizia's outfit in the eveningwear thread. I thought she looked pretty just underdressed. She has so many pretty dresses....I hope she wows us at the wedding with a nice smile!!
Old 08-25-2010, 07:35 AM
Moderator Emeritus

But since the event was an evening event, this outfit belongs into this thread.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:51 AM
Royal Highness

I really like this outfit. White suits CP well. The gold details on the top and clutch added some sparkling to that outfit. Well done!