Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 5: November 2009 - June 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

The jacket is a repeat with ugly applications - the pants, no comment. As per previous poster, ghastly look. The hair looks dead and broken, Zarzuela seems to have sacked the hairdresser. Sofia doesnt need one with her one bottle of hairspray per day look.
:ROFLMAO:
Sorry but your words about Queen Sophia are so true!

There are roumours saying that Letizia uses wigs and sometimes I think is true, for example the hair she had in Germany is way different to the one she has here.

The jacket is a repeat with ugly applications - the pants, no comment. As per previous poster, ghastly look. The hair looks dead and broken, Zarzuela seems to have sacked the hairdresser. Sofia doesnt need one with her one bottle of hairspray per day look.
I dislike the outfit,the colour and the hairstyle,my God!,bad choice in hairstyle too:eek:

I agree with Zubiaur, not the best look for Letizia. Her hair (from this camera angle) looks like a big piece is sticking up on the right - very wierd. I don't think the jacket matches or goes well with the dress. It looks like a heavier jacket and the dress looks more light and flowy.

There are roumours saying that Letizia uses wigs and sometimes I think is true, for example the hair she had in Germany is way different to the one she has here.

I don't see her wearing wigs, she might use hair pieces in her old updos, then who didn't ? Other royal women did that too with an updo.
The two events were a couple of years apart, why should her hair look the same ? Letizia's hair were styled differently at two occasions, dyed to different colors.

I have always liked this jacket. Letizia looks nice and she has different earrings this time, good for her.
Daylife
Daylife
The blouse is nice too, but the pants are awful.

Love the outfit, always have, especially the jacket.

She looks slightly pregant to me in that dress, the jacket is nice.
Her hair looks fine.

If you look closely at her hair, it is quite obvious she doesn't use wigs, clip on hair extensions maybe.
As for the difference from the event in Germany to now, the light is different, and Letizia is further away from the camera.

I have always liked this jacket. Letizia looks nice and she has different earrings this time, good for her.
Daylife
Daylife
The blouse is nice too, but the pants are awful.

Those pants are awful indeed, but I find the earrings beautiful. The jacket isn't that bad, but nothing special IMO.

I love this blue dress and am glad to see it recycled again.

It looks like a very beautiful gown, but I can't see it very well. Could someone please post more photos? Because I haven't seen it before either. Thanks! :flowers:

^^
There are no more photos, but it's the same dress she used for P. Charles birthday

Edit: here I've found photos where you can see it better
Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3
Photo 4

I like the dress, but I think that she should have worn another dress as she wore this one for another birthday with the royals.

This is a gorgeous gown! She can wear it as often as she likes as far as I'm concerned.

I love seeing gowns from the back! Sometimes the backs of dresses have more detailing and drama going on than the front...

The old photos are just fine. Thanks for posting them, Melibea! :flowers: I agree, this gown is gorgeous. I love it - especially the top part! And the colour is so rich. Thumbs up!

The dress is beautiful, my second favourite of Letizia's.

Beautiful. A subtle but sexy gown. Good to see her back to wearing clothes that show her off to her best. I think they are such a good looking couple.

The midnight gown by Felipe Varela is one of her best evening looks in recent years

Now im wondering what she will wear in Sweden in June -i do hope that she has got Caprille to design her stunning evening dresses like he did for the Danish wedding

^^
I doubt that Caprile will design anything for her

It's surely one of her best dresses. A simply gorgeous color. :flowers: I would have liked it to see it with hair all up for a change.

^^
I doubt that Caprile will design anything for her

Why ? He still made her new red gown last year. Somehow I think Caprile's style is a bit too old fashioned these days, he still favors the old time royal looks with big balloon skirts. I'd like to see her in one of master pieces of Elio Berhanyer, it would be a nice tribute to this old fashion legend.

^^
The rumour is that Caprile talked to the press about Letizia so he's ruled out as a designer, but we'll see. About Elio I don't know I've been reading interviews of him and I think that Letizia prefers someone more discreet as a designer but who knows? :)

That was just a rumor. Caprile did give a couple of interviews, but it was a few years ago, she still bought his clothes in 2008 (for JC's 70th birthday) and 2009 (the red gown). Since Caprile only made coutures, the price of his clothes is higher than Varela's, that could be the main reason she bought less of his clothes now IMO.

^^
Maybe they were some of the dresses that he did for her when she married and we had not seen before

I only heard of the black gown for the Russian state visit was made 3 years earlier, probably for the Portuguese state visit in the fall of 2006 when she couldn't attend at the last minute.

I just loved Letizia's blue gown. So gorgeous!! That color is so amazingly flattering and beautiful on her. I loved the cut, the style, the strap going over one shoulder, and the detail. She looked so beautiful. A+!!

I only heard of the black gown for the Russian state visit was made 3 years earlier, probably for the Portuguese state visit in the fall of 2006 when she couldn't attend at the last minute.

I think that when she married Caprile designed for her a number of dresses for galas, not only the ones she used before the wedding.

The Princess has approximately 12 Lorenzo Caprile's dresses, she has dressed all of them (except the dreeses of the wedding of Denmark and the wedding of Beltrán) in several occasions. Lorenzo Caprile's clothes are more expensive and she reserves them for the acts of State. She has many acts, and probably every season balances her budget in clothes, depending on the agenda and on the type of programmed acts.

^^
Thanks, so we'll have to wait to the Victora's wedding and see if she uses Caprile again.
So she had designed this dresses when she married P. Felipe or later?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom