Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 5: November 2009 - June 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well.
First I want write no comment but... The main problem is in her socks. Not the colour or dress's length.
Beside in some way we're accustom that royal ladies wear usually classical, nice two piece costumes or dresses. I mean no matter how fashionable they'are but they almost always look similar to each other. Of course there are exceptions specially in young generation. I mean Letizia, Laurentien, Charlotte, Madeleine, Mary, and sometimes even Victoria (last months).
Letizia wear that what she like and what's on the top. We can say that she has no fashion sense. But she is not typical and classical princesses. She play with fashio if I can say so.

Yup, the red dress is simply too short. I also didn't like it too much when she wore the black dress with pants from two years ago. IMO, the dress was too long to be worn with pants as it was coming down to her knees. But, with the above dress since its shorter, she could have definitely worn it with pants. I rather think that she should stay away from short dresses for the official engagements, definitely wear them in your own time. IMO, they take away from the solemnity of the occasion.

The dress is not so bad, but paired with the colored tights and shoes it is a big mess. I personally don't like these "bubble" dresses. They look like someone is wearing a potatoe sack. I'm not quite sure what's going on, but I don't know if she is dressing herself or if she is getting really bad advise from somewhere.

I have to say the dress is too short and the red tights plus red shoes are too much. It's an outfit that suggests a night of clubbing instead of an awards event. This was a bad pairing of everything.

I really love the dress and the red shoes (although I think a black pair of shoes would look better) and I like her hair and that she kept jewelry simple but the red tights ruin it all for me. The outift looks a bit cheap because of them which is sad when everything else works.

Well let me say that the model wore it much nicer than Letizia.
I thought the dress was way to short for not only a royal but also someone her age to be wearing it at an official event. The red tights were way out of place, looked like she was going to a costume party.
I thought it was a very dissapointing look and maybe this is worse than it can get in public. I dont mind at all of she wears this dress on a private outing but not around men who are in suits .

The last two outfit had been terrific. Very modern. Continue this way. I love it.
She has the body to wear something like that. It would be impossible for Maxima or Matilde....the effect would be totally opposite. Congratulation Letizia....you bring fresh air" to the old fachion monarchies
I do agree with you that Letizia is a very modern princess and monarchy needs a new image! The princesses of today bring this new image and it's very good!

Concernng Letizia's outfit I have to say that I love this dress! it suits her so well but not with those tights! the shoes are ok! not a big fan with it's fashionable!

The hair, the dress, the tights, the shoes, the pose...what was she thinking!?!?:eek::eek::bang:

The last two outfit had been terrific. Very modern. Continue this way. I love it.
She has the body to wear something like that. It would be impossible for Maxima or Matilde....the effect would be totally opposite. Congratulation Letizia....you bring fresh air" to the old fachion monarchies
I cannot agree with you. I think that this outfit was not terrific. It looked too sexy for a Princess. She is no fashion model. She is representing a country and should be wearing something more elegant.
The dress should be a little bit longer.
The tights aren't nice. They look like little girl tights.

I love the blue gown. Did she wear it with a tiara once? I think this would be nice. :)

The hair, the dress, the tights, the shoes, the pose...what was she thinking!?!?:eek::eek::bang:

I have to agree. The entire ensemble was unsophisticated. I don't expect her to be a fashion plate, but I do expect her to look more polished. This outfit was tacky.

Princess Letizia attends 25th anniversary of the Spanish confederation of associations of young entrepreneurs at IFEMA City Hall.
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife
I love the dress (although it´s mini). Lovely, different colour. It looks like a Mango. I just hope she would have had different colour of shoes and tights.

OMG, What was she thinking?:bang: The red tights have to go.. It shouldn't be with the dress and shoes. Although, I like her dress a lot. Her shoes are hideous!:eek:

this color is so pretty on Princess Letizia, but the dress makes her look like she has an eating disorder. Too, too skinny and not very princessy IMO. but...at least she is smiling which I love!

Love the mini dress on Princess Letizia, especially the jeweled collar and pleating. Everything from the bottom up (shoes and tights) are an absolute "fashion miss", IMHO. Her hair and make up look great, especially the lip color.

Love the colour on Letizia, she needs strong tones I think. Agreed about the stockings, yuk! :ermm:

A dress this short, I agree is appropriate for a private function, but it was dicey in the picture of Letizia climbing the steps to the stage, for a event such as this the dress should be 2 or 3 inches longer. Letizia is a crown princess and a member of the Royal Family so she should look modern and fashionable, but not look as if she trying to appear as in her teens or early twenties, which she's not. I agree with another's comment that she's not a model, she's a Princess.

With this look, Letizia has hit the rock bottom style level for me; this must be her all-time low... hopefully.
It is so bad that it hurts.

There's indeed an element of humor in it, if you have a liking for the absurd kind: Here's Pippi Longstocking merged with Baby Doll, dumped in a can of red paint and subsequently posing as a Princess.

But in the end, it's not that funny at all, because the woman looks pathetic. In the pictures of her posing with people who appear perfectly normal, there is a disturbing element about Letizia of being unhinged; I agree with Duke of Marmelade that you get a sense of trouble here.
Overall a complete fashion victim disaster, ranking high on the list of Worst royal outfit of the year.
Unfortunately, I have to agree with your statement. I like and admire Letizia so it is even more shocking for me what she was wearing. Dress, stockings and shoes are just gross.:eek: What she was thinking? :ohmy:
OMG, since I have been following royals I have not seen so horrible outfit.
I just hope Letizia just made one time mistake and she will be herself soon.

Lakshmi, I just have to say that IMO, is just the begining of thousands for comming (actually, I would love not to see her wearing those horrible stuff, be this kind of outfits are so princess Letizia, as you can see, is not even the first, second or even third time she wears such a thing) sniff.

Princess Letizia attends 25th anniversary of the Spanish confederation of associations of young entrepreneurs at IFEMA City Hall.
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife
I love the dress (although it´s mini). Lovely, different colour. It looks like a Mango. I just hope she would have had different colour of shoes and tights.

I wish she hadn't of worn matching tights and shoes. But I love the dress. :flowers:

I don't like the dress itself but I found the "psychoanalysis" by some of the photos far more distateful than what Letizia is wearing. :whistling:

I see no reason why Crown Princess Maxima or Crown Princess Mathilde should be fashion conscious. Yes, Crown Princess Letzia's super svelte figure allows her to wear fashionable things. It does not mean that she has got some outstanding sense of fashion. In my opinion, ensembles worn by a royal lady should have simple elegance enlivened by trendy touches such as scarf, brooch or handbag. Fashionable/hip/trendy articles of clothing should be reserved for celebrities and actresses.
I strongly believe that "No woman has ever lacked elegance because of an excess of simplicity, but always because of an accumulation of elaborate details or of ensembles that are badly-coordinated or ill-adapted to the hour or to the occasion".

Whoever is advising Letizia on her fashion choices should be fired...no, arrested. :evil:

I don't get it, she looked so elegant in the navy gown and then looked like a burgundy elf.

Maybe she's going through a fashion mid-life crisis.

Ha Ha Sassy- you made me laught outloud! The bottom half of the outfit does remind me of a "burgundy elf"- too funny.

Maybe Letizia is trying to appear taller- Felipe really dwarfs her when they stand together.....who knows? All I know, is in this instance whatever it was the Princess Letizia was trying to do, it didnt work.

I don't like the dress itself but I found the "psychoanalysis" by some of the photos far more distateful than what Letizia is wearing. :whistling:
What a perfect insight -- I agree; University Psychoanalysis 101 -- although I don't personally like the red legs on anyone over the age of 15.

Ha Ha Sassy- you made me laught outloud! The bottom half of the outfit does remind me of a "burgundy elf"- too funny.

Maybe Letizia is trying to appear taller- Felipe really dwarfs her when they stand together.....who knows? All I know, is in this instance whatever it was the Princess Letizia was trying to do, it didnt work.

Yes, she could definitely put the Keebler elves out of business with the burgundy ensemble.:lol:
Maybe she'll find her style again with the next outfit.

i think she looks really smart in that red suit at the reception

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom