The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 02:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia1966 View Post
The last two outfit had been terrific. Very modern. Continue this way. I love it.
She has the body to wear something like that. It would be impossible for Maxima or Matilde....the effect would be totally opposite. Congratulation Letizia....you bring fresh air" to the old fachion monarchies
I cannot agree with you. I think that this outfit was not terrific. It looked too sexy for a Princess. She is no fashion model. She is representing a country and should be wearing something more elegant.
The dress should be a little bit longer.
The tights aren't nice. They look like little girl tights.

I love the blue gown. Did she wear it with a tiara once? I think this would be nice.

Old 11-28-2009, 05:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrswhitham View Post
The hair, the dress, the tights, the shoes, the pose...what was she thinking!?!?
I have to agree. The entire ensemble was unsophisticated. I don't expect her to be a fashion plate, but I do expect her to look more polished. This outfit was tacky.

Old 11-28-2009, 06:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Princess Letizia attends 25th anniversary of the Spanish confederation of associations of young entrepreneurs at IFEMA City Hall.
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife
I love the dress (although it´s mini). Lovely, different colour. It looks like a Mango. I just hope she would have had different colour of shoes and tights.
OMG, What was she thinking? The red tights have to go.. It shouldn't be with the dress and shoes. Although, I like her dress a lot. Her shoes are hideous!
Old 11-28-2009, 07:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

this color is so pretty on Princess Letizia, but the dress makes her look like she has an eating disorder. Too, too skinny and not very princessy IMO. but...at least she is smiling which I love!
Old 11-28-2009, 11:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Love the mini dress on Princess Letizia, especially the jeweled collar and pleating. Everything from the bottom up (shoes and tights) are an absolute "fashion miss", IMHO. Her hair and make up look great, especially the lip color.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:12 PM
Nobility

Love the colour on Letizia, she needs strong tones I think. Agreed about the stockings, yuk!
Old 11-29-2009, 12:06 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

A dress this short, I agree is appropriate for a private function, but it was dicey in the picture of Letizia climbing the steps to the stage, for a event such as this the dress should be 2 or 3 inches longer. Letizia is a crown princess and a member of the Royal Family so she should look modern and fashionable, but not look as if she trying to appear as in her teens or early twenties, which she's not. I agree with another's comment that she's not a model, she's a Princess.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:22 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
With this look, Letizia has hit the rock bottom style level for me; this must be her all-time low... hopefully.
It is so bad that it hurts.

There's indeed an element of humor in it, if you have a liking for the absurd kind: Here's Pippi Longstocking merged with Baby Doll, dumped in a can of red paint and subsequently posing as a Princess.

But in the end, it's not that funny at all, because the woman looks pathetic. In the pictures of her posing with people who appear perfectly normal, there is a disturbing element about Letizia of being unhinged; I agree with Duke of Marmelade that you get a sense of trouble here.
Overall a complete fashion victim disaster, ranking high on the list of Worst royal outfit of the year.
Unfortunately, I have to agree with your statement. I like and admire Letizia so it is even more shocking for me what she was wearing. Dress, stockings and shoes are just gross. What she was thinking?
OMG, since I have been following royals I have not seen so horrible outfit.
I just hope Letizia just made one time mistake and she will be herself soon.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 11-29-2009, 02:56 AM
Courtier

Lakshmi, I just have to say that IMO, is just the begining of thousands for comming (actually, I would love not to see her wearing those horrible stuff, be this kind of outfits are so princess Letizia, as you can see, is not even the first, second or even third time she wears such a thing) sniff.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:44 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Princess Letizia attends 25th anniversary of the Spanish confederation of associations of young entrepreneurs at IFEMA City Hall.
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife
I love the dress (although it´s mini). Lovely, different colour. It looks like a Mango. I just hope she would have had different colour of shoes and tights.
I wish she hadn't of worn matching tights and shoes. But I love the dress.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
The mini-dress is designed by Adam Lippes for Mango.
Collection Adam Lippes for Mango available at Mangoshop | Mangoshop blog
The dress looks very nice with black tights, shoes and belt, though it´s indeed too short for a princess in an official event. This picture proves that the red tights and shoes were what made it a disaster.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 11-29-2009, 03:28 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't like the dress itself but I found the "psychoanalysis" by some of the photos far more distateful than what Letizia is wearing.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia1966 View Post
The last two outfit had been terrific. Very modern. Continue this way. I love it.
She has the body to wear something like that. It would be impossible for Maxima or Matilde....the effect would be totally opposite. Congratulation Letizia....you bring fresh air" to the old fachion monarchies
I see no reason why Crown Princess Maxima or Crown Princess Mathilde should be fashion conscious. Yes, Crown Princess Letzia's super svelte figure allows her to wear fashionable things. It does not mean that she has got some outstanding sense of fashion. In my opinion, ensembles worn by a royal lady should have simple elegance enlivened by trendy touches such as scarf, brooch or handbag. Fashionable/hip/trendy articles of clothing should be reserved for celebrities and actresses.
I strongly believe that "No woman has ever lacked elegance because of an excess of simplicity, but always because of an accumulation of elaborate details or of ensembles that are badly-coordinated or ill-adapted to the hour or to the occasion".
Old 11-29-2009, 09:33 PM
Courtier

Whoever is advising Letizia on her fashion choices should be fired...no, arrested.

I don't get it, she looked so elegant in the navy gown and then looked like a burgundy elf.

Maybe she's going through a fashion mid-life crisis.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Ha Ha Sassy- you made me laught outloud! The bottom half of the outfit does remind me of a "burgundy elf"- too funny.

Maybe Letizia is trying to appear taller- Felipe really dwarfs her when they stand together.....who knows? All I know, is in this instance whatever it was the Princess Letizia was trying to do, it didnt work.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Troonopvolgers!: Felipe en Letizia bij diner.
Troonopvolgers!: Felipe en Letizia bij uitreiking.
Troonopvolgers!: Felipe en Letizia.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
I don't like the dress itself but I found the "psychoanalysis" by some of the photos far more distateful than what Letizia is wearing.
What a perfect insight -- I agree; University Psychoanalysis 101 -- although I don't personally like the red legs on anyone over the age of 15.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patra View Post
Ha Ha Sassy- you made me laught outloud! The bottom half of the outfit does remind me of a "burgundy elf"- too funny.

Maybe Letizia is trying to appear taller- Felipe really dwarfs her when they stand together.....who knows? All I know, is in this instance whatever it was the Princess Letizia was trying to do, it didnt work.

Yes, she could definitely put the Keebler elves out of business with the burgundy ensemble.
Maybe she'll find her style again with the next outfit.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:22 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Spain's Crown Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia arrive for the gala reception in honour of the heads of the parties in the European Parliament, held at the Royal Palace in Madrid, central Spain, 03 December 2009. Spain will take up its six-month European Union presidency from 01 January 2009

full view
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/16982861.jpg
close up
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/16982735.jpg
Old 12-03-2009, 05:24 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

i think she looks really smart in that red suit at the reception

Closed Thread